Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Boot / Graphics Problem

I've been reading a few issues that people are seeing when booting from battery. I too am seeing the graphic glitch (a twitch during the boot process), and then about 10 seconds after that, the revolving circle which shows that the unit is booting just stops. After that, I've seen different things happen. Sometimes, when just leaving the tablet alone, the screen goes dark about a minute after the boot process icon stops, and the tablet reboots after an additional period of time. Then the same thing happens again - the glitch and the boot process stops. Other times, I can do a long press on the power button, get the haptic feedback - then nothing - then I do another long press on the power button, and get the haptic feedback, and the boot process starts. I have eventually successfully booted from battery, but it took 4 tries going through the boot, stop boot, power button, power button, boot, stop boot...
    When I boot with the unit on the charger, it will boot every time. I sure hope a fix is issued soon. Does anyone know if Asustek reads this forum? Thanks.

Update - when the tablet is booted with the charger plugged in, there are no graphic glitches while booting. This makes me think the 'stuck boot' and the graphics glitch are related.
    Last edited by ris314; 12-27-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: update

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

It's bad - had to return it.

Update #2 - I reset the tablet to bring it to the factory settings (using the Factory Data Reset in the Privacy settings) and tested the boot again without the charger. It worked once, and then it locked up after approx. one minute. The power button had no effect and the screen would not respond to touch.

I just got back from returning it to Best Buy. They didn't have any in the store yet, so they gave me a gift card for the cost of the Prime + shipping costs. I'm going back to my Xoom for now, but will order another Prime soon. I just think I'll give Asus some time to work out the bugs before I order another one.

Oh, one other comment - I ended up having the same problem with the charger plug that I read some others had - the cap for the connector came loose. I'm sure it can be glued - but really, I only had it a week and plugged/unpluged the charger into the tab maybe 15-20 times. It needs to be much more robust than that.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the exact same problem you described. Had the start up boot issue as well and had to return the Prime back to the store. Unfortunately, they do not have anymore. Now I am wondering as I search this forum if I should go with another tablet? Possibly an iPad2?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I just tried rebooting my prime & I just noticed that when the circle comes on on boot, screen gets like an old tv with antenna. This will really be a decision for me now to return this and hopefully the 64Gb don't have the same issue.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My 64gb prime also has a flickering asus logo while booting. I tested it 5 times now and every time the asus logo gets distorted a little bit für about half a second. this happens two times during the boot process. haven't noticed any problems besides the flickering. it works fine and the boot process doesn't hang.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mine is not just 2x it flickers more than 6x :-(

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    if it's just flickering during booting and it doesn't get worse in the next few days i'd keep it if i were you. with all the problems floating around the web the flickering seems to be bearable compared to the other problems

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Screen Quiver on Boot

Just wanted to chime in and say the same thing. If booting JUST from the battery, the ASUS logo quivers after about 10 seconds and does about 5-6 freak outs and distortions.

I just tested it with it PLUGGED IN and no problem at ALL!!!!

I ma having NO problems at all with the tablet once booted. Startup is smooth and all has been well.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm also having the same exact issue. The logo twitches when booting unplugged, but looks fine when booting plugged in.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Prime

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It looks like this is being addressed with the latest updates....we will see.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links