Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times

Prime & General Tablet Questions

So im gonna get the Transformer Prime for University and im wondering about a few things:

1) Writing
    -How fine/small and precise is writing with a stylus? I will be doing a lot of Calculus and Physics when I dont feel like whipping out paper and pencil everytime. Do you think I could solve say a quotient rule problem without it spanning over a hundred pages?
    -How is resting palm on the screen?

2) Browsing
    -How is flash gaming on tablets? Im talking about normal PC browser flash games like AddictingGames or CrazyMonkeyGames or Facebook games etc. Esp since there is a keyboard and mouse option.

Oh and do you think I should preorder and have it shipped to me or get it in the store when it is out (No option to preorder and pickup). Like how long is the difference between the time the preorder people get it and the time it is available in stores. And how crazy do you think the lineups are gonna be (im going to Canada Bestbuy). I mean im ok with waiting 1 or 2 hours before the store opens but nothing like overnight or something.

Recap of my questions:
    1) How fine/small/precise is writing with a stylus (To do math and physics)
    2) How is resting palm on screen?
    3) How is PC Browser Flash gaming?
    4) Preorder+Ship VS Buy in store?
    5) (Canadian Bestbuy) How long before the store opens do I have to wait outside to get the Transformer Prime? If it does run out of stock, how long will it take to restock?

Thank you so much!

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Hi! As you may have read from the threads the prime is not yet released. so all we have are the posted reviews of those who have the demo units. Lets wait til people have their pre-orders.
    HTC Desire HD running on 2.3.3
    Asus EEE Pad Transformer with Keyoard Dock on 3.2.1
    Clone Quad Core Desktop (Win 7 64bit)/ Acer Aspire 4736 (Win7 32bit)

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markjeff View Post
    Hi! As you may have read from the threads the prime is not yet released. so all we have are the posted reviews of those who have the demo units. Lets wait til people have their pre-orders.
    Oh I was just hoping some people with the original transformer could answer my questions as there doesn't seem to be any drastic change other than speed and looks.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xGary View Post
    1) How fine/small/precise is writing with a stylus (To do math and physics)
    2) How is resting palm on screen?
    Unfortunately you may not be happy with a Transformer as a stylus devices. AFAIK only the Samsung Galaxy Note has Wacom technology for stylus sensitivity and palm detection. Transformer (and Prime) are meant to be used with fingertips.
    3) How is PC Browser Flash gaming?
    Most Flash games should work well, though of course with the Android Market there are thousands of games of all kinds, so I don't know why you would focus on Browser Flash games...
    4) Preorder+Ship VS Buy in store?
    So far it seems like availability will be limited until 2012, personally I preordered to guarantee myself a slot and save hassle.
    5) (Canadian Bestbuy) How long before the store opens do I have to wait outside to get the Transformer Prime? If it does run out of stock, how long will it take to restock?
    That's hard to answer as it can partly depend on individual store manager policies. For a Black Friday deal in the USA people line up hours or even days ahead of time, but for stock refills lines are usually much smaller and showing up an hour before opening is generally enough.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I believe it will be released before Christmas. It most likely will be released with the next couple weeks to retail stores, which I why I'm waiting to just go pick one up at my local Best Buy or Staples.
    I had the Xoom and writing on it with a stylus was not all that bad. Some of it yes depends on the hardware, but a lot depends on software.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Transformer 1 doesn't do flash games well at all, nevermind the fact that keyboard/mouse inputs are emulated by the OS. The emulation works well mind you, but keep in mind Android 3 (and the upcoming Android 4 that all current devices will get) was designed to be used with fingers natively. As such many flash games expect you to run them on a desktop/laptop PC natively, but android's default browser and OS only emulates keyboard/mouse support, which means if you start using keyboard keys+mousing, the browser will likely not know what you are doing.

Not to mention flash content runs slow past a certain point - i.e. if you try and play any youtube video in the best running browser on the appstore above 360/480p quality, it will be sluggish. Granted the Youtube app runs HD youtube videos fine, and the Tegra 3 in the TF2 will likely run flash content much better.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links