Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
You are thinking of the "das chaos case" in lj's nvflash thread, right?
That was different since he had generated the wheelie blob for his TF700, but forgot to generate the nvflash blobs.
I belive the wheelie blob is already device specific, correct? Without it he would not have been able to flash the bricksafeimage of his TF300 to his TF700 - which is crazy enough and according to _that flashing the bootloader of a different device should result in a hardbrick (same for the bricksafeimage)...
Well it did work... afaik he's still running a TF300 rom on his TF700 with a TF300 bootloader and recovery
But without his own TF700 wheelie blob (pulled from his device) none of this would have been possible - or that's my understanding of it....
You are probably correct about the wheelie blob. You need it to access to the bootloader and nvflash with a new bootloader. I guess that the only way to unbrick the device is to use jtag. Locate the eprom or ssd and enable the r/w pin with a 5v so you can write the new bootloader with your pc. I have not done that with the tablet but in theory, it should be done like that. Just want to throw out some ideas and hope someone could do something to help users down the road if it is possible...