Thread: Will Never Buy Another Asus Product

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times

Will Never Buy Another Asus Product

I own a Transformer Prime. It's thirteen months old. Based on my experience with Asus, its product and complete lack of customer service, I will NEVER buy another Asus product. I say this sadly, because when I first received my Prime, I loved it, and bought one for my wife and another Asus model tablet for my daughter a few months later. However, after 13 months, the bloom is definitely off the rose. Since I've had my tablet, I had to RMA it when the screen started "bleeding." Asus lost my tablet and for a month couldn't tell me where it was, until it was miraculously "found" and returned to me via the cheapest and slowest shipment method possible. Since that time, the hdmi port has stopped working and recently, the camera stopped working as well. When I contacted Asus, they just blew me off, since it has been 13 months since I purchased the device, and the warranty expired last month. Also, the broken and frequently-nonsensical English contained in customer support emails and on the Asus website are a nice touch as well.

In an nutshell, if you haven't bought an Asus product, don't make the same mistake I did - DON'T BUY ONE.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    999 times
    Welcome to the Forum. Sorry to hear of your issues with your Tab. Not all Asus Tabs have the problems you describe. I have my Tab over 2 years now and never had a single issue.
    I wouldn't expect Asus to repair your TF that is out od Warranty.
    tintbum likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Counting the joke of a GPS, four major elements of the tablet stopped working during the short time I've had it - screen, hdmi, camera and gps. After all, what could I possibly have expected for 500 bucks? As much as I hate Apple and Microsoft, my next purchase will be from one of them, since they at least back their products. I didn't detect even a hint of embarrassment on the part of the Asus personnel who communicated with me.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    718 times
    Sorry you had to go through such a bad experience. And you will get some members that will agree with you, especially Prime owners who had WiFi and GPS issues. I can speak for myself, however, where my wife has an almost 2 year old TF101 and my TF700 Infinity is 7 months old. Both of these devices have been workhorses, reliable, and we wouldn't hesitate to get another Asus Tablet. Best purchases we've ever made.

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    81 times

Re: Will Never Buy Another Asus Product

Quote Originally Posted by ejscharf View Post
    I own a Transformer Prime. It's thirteen months old. Based on my experience with Asus, its product and complete lack of customer service, I will NEVER buy another Asus product. I say this sadly, because when I first received my Prime, I loved it, and bought one for my wife and another Asus model tablet for my daughter a few months later. However, after 13 months, the bloom is definitely off the rose. Since I've had my tablet, I had to RMA it when the screen started "bleeding." Asus lost my tablet and for a month couldn't tell me where it was, until it was miraculously "found" and returned to me via the cheapest and slowest shipment method possible. Since that time, the hdmi port has stopped working and recently, the camera stopped working as well. When I contacted Asus, they just blew me off, since it has been 13 months since I purchased the device, and the warranty expired last month. Also, the broken and frequently-nonsensical English contained in customer support emails and on the Asus website are a nice touch as well.

In an nutshell, if you haven't bought an Asus product, don't make the same mistake I did - DON'T BUY ONE.
    Did you have the same problem with the prime that you bought for your wife and the other asus tablet that you bought for your daughter? The gps did not work with your first purchase, why if that was a real problem did you love it and buy a second for your wife? Do you understand that a 12 month warranty is for 12 months? My wife and I have a Prime and an Infinity, and we have had no problem with them whatsoever. Did not buy either one for the gps, but I understand that gps works with the dongle on the prime as well as native on the infinity. We also bought a Chevrolet Avalanche, and when its 60 months warranty expires, I don't think we will have much luck when during the 61st month the transmission goes out. I am sorry to hear of your problems, but I wonder if the hdmi port has been used extensively and therefor has worn and needs repair as would by transmission during the 61st month following our purchase of the automobile. Same goes with the camera. But, I suppose you don't use the tablet for anything other than hdmi and camera and therefore extend my condolences.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    mrumm49 and tintbum like this.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgfitzgerald View Post
    I get really tired of the racist comments because someone doesn't speak perfect English. Get over it.
    And I tire of accusations of racism when there is none.

The poster did not make a racist remark, he criticized a company for its lack of ability to conduct business in English (the accepted language of business worldwide, not just in English-speaking countries). You want to do business in an English-speaking country, you hire people who can speak and write the language.
    tintbum, 05Glide and mrchocklit like this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    58 times
    Interesting responses here. I'm sorry the OP has had such trouble. My tf300t is now pushing 9 months old, is used daily and hasn't given me a moment's trouble. I suspect that ejsharf's anger comes from sending his prime in for repair, and having the company lose it. Can you imagine the repeated phone calls and emails as you try to get back a $500 item that no one will take responsibility for? Language issues would make that markedly more painful. Add to that the fact that the tablet is not in your hands for one month of your warranty time, due to no fault of your own, and then various items fail the month after your warranty runs out. Do you not see the irony?

That being said, ejsharf, you'll find horror stories and kudos with any company. I, for example, have had wonderful RMA experiences with Acer and Dell, but you'll find lots of others who would never buy them because they've had bad ones. And if you cite the number of complaints on the forum, remember that many people come to a forum bacause they are having troubles and need some help. Most contented users never come here.
    Happy owner of a TF300T

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2274 times
    General note here - please remember the forum guidelines as some of the posts above are tending towards content that is of a style that we would not want to see.

Personal attacks (Flaming, Name Calling) on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    495 times
    To the OP, I'm sorry you had so much trouble with your asus tablets. Best of luck in finding better ones out there
    sculptedstylus likes this.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2811 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgfitzgerald View Post
    No, you do business in any language you choose. Only in America would we think the rest of the world needs to speak our language fluently. I appreciate our diversity and I welcome people who speak other languages. Just because they may not speak perfect English, does not make them something less than you or I.
    Point taken, however if I am going to sell my product to a specific country, I will make damn sure that when the customers from that country call for support that they talk to someone who can fluently speak their language. If I call Asus from North Carolina and get someone who cannot speak English for a product that I purchased in the US, I would probably be upset. Nothing racist about expecting to be able to be understood.

Now, lets be sure this conversation stays civil and does not get out of control. Despite what some users may think, I do NOT enjoy getting out my ban hammer.
    tintbum likes this.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads