Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Will Never Buy Another Asus Product

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    16 times
    Nothing screams quality better than sticking a piece of tin foil on my $500 tablet. ASUS should be proud.
    eejit and Frederuco like this.
    Asus Test Monkey

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Exactly! Wish I'd said it as well as you did.

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    81 times

Re: Will Never Buy Another Asus Product

Quote Originally Posted by ejscharf View Post
    Spoken with authority; unfortunately, incorrectly. I tried the aluminum foil for the wifi and gps, without much success. I can actually feel the camera connection making contact when I squeeze it, as the green screen fades. We are simply going to have to disagree about Asus. The fact that the wifi signal is "not as good as it could be" pretty much encapsulates my opinion of the company - nothing on this product is as good as it could be. If a company is going to claim to be cutting edge, that requires more than producing something that is not as good as it could be. While I'm no Apple fan, none of the people I know with iPads have run into anything remotely like my experience with the Asus product, and certainly have not had customer support issues with Apple like I've seen with Asus. Indeed, for the first three weeks after they lost my device while it was being RMA'd, they wouldn't even admit it was lost; they just kept giving me the run-around. Only after they found it did they admit it was lost. So, apologize as much as you'd like for Asus; it doesn't change the facts. And, from what I've seen on the web, I'm not alone - Google "Transformer Prime" and any of the following: wifi, gps, screen bleed, camera green screen - the problems all sound pretty similar to my experience.
    ejscharf,
    I own two iphones and an ipad. Thus, I have had experience with them. I do not belittle them, although both my wife and I prefer the prime and infinity over the ipad. Now, we have had no problems or issues with the prime or the infinity, but we did have a problem with one of our iphones. It simply quit. We were on vacation and we had to drive over 400 miles out of our way to get to an Apple store. Those type things are to be expected. Do I badmouth Apple and suggest that they push out shoddy products? Certainly not. Now, have you ever googled iphone and wifi and screen problems and itunes? If you have, I think you will get just as many problems reported with Apple as you have apparently found with Asus.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    81 times

Quote Originally Posted by droiduser10 View Post
    Nothing screams quality better than sticking a piece of tin foil on my $500 tablet. ASUS should be proud.
    Sorry droiduser, but you don't need to stick a piece of tin foil on your $500 tablet if you don't want to. The prime functions very well and does not need that piece of tin foil. So, don't use it. However, in my experience, it does improve the wifi sensitivity of my prime and I will use it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    So, when you had your iPhone problem, what happened when you contacted their customer support? I'll wager that it took less than three weeks to get a response, and that it wasn't followed by a week of lying. I don't expect tech products to be flawless. I do expect the companies that produce them to treat their customers better than Asus treated me, or, from what I can tell, better than they treat most of their customers who need to communicate with them.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    16 times
    Idaute enjoy walking around with your tin foil encapsulated prime, I`ll buy my next tablet from samsung.
    Asus Test Monkey

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    81 times

Quote Originally Posted by droiduser10 View Post
    Idaute enjoy walking around with your tin foil encapsulated prime, I`ll buy my next tablet from samsung.
    To each his own droiduser. For your information, I also have a piece of tape holding a cord on my Samsung tv. You heard it, Samsung. Does that mean that I accuse Samsung of pushing shoddy goods on us? Again, certainly not. Hope you will not have to hold anything together on your Samsung tablet. As I said previously, I don't need to put that foil on my prime. It works fine without it. But, I decided to try it, and you know what, it does seem to give an increase in sensitivity for wifi. And, further do you know what, it doesn't effect my enjoyment or lack thereof while I walking around.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1039 times
    This thread is going nowhere fast. ejscharf has stated his opinion, offered his advice and some discussion has taken place. It's resulted in some heated personal opinions. I think it is about time to close it before the flickering becomes flaming.
    Last edited by Swipe; 02-21-2013 at 11:13 PM. Reason: typo

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2811 times
    Well done Swipe.

Remember, opinions are like armpits. Everyone's got them, and some of them stink.

If ANYONE has the opinion that they want to never buy an Asus product again (or Apple, Samsung, or ANYTHING) because of a bad experience, it is THEIR decision. End of story. No matter what anyone elses' opinion is, it does not matter.

Truth be told, if I saw anyone with a piece of foil on the outside of their $400+ tablet I would definitely be inclined to ask what brand they have as to make sure I never purchase one from them.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ads