Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Will Never Buy Another Asus Product

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    16 times
    I have delt with the rma process as well. Not a pleasant experience. ASUS has a very long way to go before i would consider them to be high ranking in customer satisfaction. That being said, i have had my tablet for 13 months. If it wasn't for the poor WiFi (not just signal but speed) i would be very happy. But because of their lack of interest in keeping customers happy, but in quickly pushing out the 700 to fix the problem, i too will never buy another ASUS. On a sidenote the galaxy tab 2 i bought for the wife simply smokes the prime in terms of WiFi ability.
    Asus Test Monkey

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    81 times

Re: Will Never Buy Another Asus Product

Quote Originally Posted by droiduser10 View Post
    I have delt with the rma process as well. Not a pleasant experience. ASUS has a very long way to go before i would consider them to be high ranking in customer satisfaction. That being said, i have had my tablet for 13 months. If it wasn't for the poor WiFi (not just signal but speed) i would be very happy. But because of their lack of interest in keeping customers happy, but in quickly pushing out the 700 to fix the problem, i too will never buy another ASUS. On a sidenote the galaxy tab 2 i bought for the wife simply smokes the prime in terms of WiFi ability.
    droiduser, that galaxy tab 2 must really be out of the galaxy. My wife and I have a prime and and infinity. Will agree that a small piece of aluminum foil on the outside right corner of the prime improves its signal reception, but we can see no problem with the speed of either the prime or the infinity. Speed can be effected by your internet provider. Both our prime and our infinity are connected to the same provider that our core 5 laptop is connected. And, you know what, the prime and the infinity react and perform just as adequate as that laptop. Thus, I again say, that the galaxy tab 2 that you have must be out of the galaxy.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    718 times
    @ IdaUte, This forum has had plenty of threads like this one in the past. Those who have had nightmarish experiences with the RMA process and those of us who haven't. I've only had the one RMA experience a year and a half ago for my TF101. It went smoothly and quickly and the TF101 has worked great with no problems ever since. My Infinity has never caused any problems and also has been a great purchase. So when you have 2 devices that are working great it is hard to get on the bandwagon of those who are experiencing troubles to hate Asus and their products. I feel bad for those who have run into bad luck and wish their experience with their tablets would have been as good as you and me.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IdaUte View Post
    droiduser, that galaxy tab 2 must really be out of the galaxy. My wife and I have a prime and and infinity. Will agree that a small piece of aluminum foil on the outside right corner of the prime improves its signal reception, but we can see no problem with the speed of either the prime or the infinity. Speed can be effected by your internet provider. Both our prime and our infinity are connected to the same provider that our core 5 laptop is connected. And, you know what, the prime and the infinity react and perform just as adequate as that laptop. Thus, I again say, that the galaxy tab 2 that you have must be out of the galaxy.
    Not here to FLAME the prime.....just stating facts. Same distance from the router same time doing multiple tests using "speedtest" the galaxy specs @ 18 mb/sec my prime 3.5 mb/sec. So yeah compared to my prime it is "out of the galaxy". P.S. To use my prime on the second floor i had to buy a range extender in order to get that measly 3.5 mb/sec.

As for the foil on the right hand corner to improve wifi i appreciate the tip....but it is a little embarasing when i show off my "Ipad Killer" to friends and family.
    Asus Test Monkey

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    718 times
    @ droiduser10, I can totally sympathize with you. If I had to use tin foil, dongles, range extenders on either of my Tf101 or Infinity I'd be pretty disappointed too. I've always thought Asus did drop the ball on the Prime. It's too bad because otherwise it had the potential of being a truly great tablet. But since I've never gone through any of those headaches with the TF101 and Infinity and have had wonderful success with both these great products, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Asus product. But that could all go south if I experience what you and the OP have gone through!

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    81 times

Quote Originally Posted by droiduser10 View Post

Not here to FLAME the prime.....just stating facts. Same distance from the router same time doing multiple tests using "speedtest" the galaxy specs @ 18 mb/sec my prime 3.5 mb/sec. So yeah compared to my prime it is "out of the galaxy". P.S. To use my prime on the second floor i had to buy a range extender in order to get that measly 3.5 mb/sec.

As for the foil on the right hand corner to improve wifi i appreciate the tip....but it is a little embarasing when i show off my "Ipad Killer" to friends and family.
    droiduser, I will simply point out that consensus that I have at least found in several forums that I have searched is that "speedtests" are relatively unreliable and do not reflect actual performance of the devices being tested. My wife and I have found that the prime and the infinity react and perform just as adequate as our core i5 laptop as mentioned previously. We are certainly more impressed with our own experience using the tablets than we are with supposedly speed tests. I have found that the foil on the prime does improves it signal reception. I like the solid metal back of the prime, and I will certainly put up with placing a small piece of foil on the corner. I did not buy my wife's prime or my infinity for the purpose of being an "Ipad Killer" nor do my wife nor I have any intention or desire to be show offs with respect to our friends and family. That sounds like someone who is very young or at least immature for their age.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Here's what I find almost comical: If I squeeze the top corner of the Prime, the wifi and gps improve. I've read this is because the relevant connections are located here (others apparently have had the same problem and "fix.") Also, if I squeeze the Prime in the vicinity of the camera, the green screen disappears and the camera works. What this says to me is one of two things: either the design is poor, or the construction is poor. Either way, it's nothing for Asus to be proud of. I've been using and building computers (desktops) for a couple of decades, and I've seen some pretty shoddy practices by tech companies. Asus seems to rank right up there with other companies who believed in pushing splashy stuff out the door, without regard to quality. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Never going to buy another Asus.
    gussy224 likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    81 times

Quote Originally Posted by ejscharf View Post
    Here's what I find almost comical: If I squeeze the top corner of the Prime, the wifi and gps improve. I've read this is because the relevant connections are located here (others apparently have had the same problem and "fix.") Also, if I squeeze the Prime in the vicinity of the camera, the green screen disappears and the camera works. What this says to me is one of two things: either the design is poor, or the construction is poor. Either way, it's nothing for Asus to be proud of. I've been using and building computers (desktops) for a couple of decades, and I've seen some pretty shoddy practices by tech companies. Asus seems to rank right up there with other companies who believed in pushing splashy stuff out the door, without regard to quality. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Never going to buy another Asus.
    ejscharf, if you have really had experience building computers (desktops) for a couple of decades, then you should indeed find the squeezing of the corners and in the vicinity of the camera to be comical. You would fully understand that neither of those fixes are practical. You would understand that by squeezing the metal in the vicinity of the corners would be much similar to the effect of the aluminum foil. The effect of your bodies electrical conductance and capacitance can be effective in improving the transmission of the wifi and gps signals through the metal backing of the tablet. The aluminum foil does the same thing, only it is somewhat more effective and more importantly much more practical than requiring you to constantly squeeze the tablet. It is indeed a design defect of the prime. Asus made an attempt to improve the gps by providing the dongle. The problem with the wife reception was not a fatal flaw. The prime works very well, it is just not as sensitive to the wifi signal as it could be. Asus corrected that in the infinity. If indeed, you think that you have been fooled twice, then that is completely up to you, and you are free to never buy another Asus product. But to accuse Asus of using shoddy practices in pushing splashy stuff out the door and to publicly suggest that to others is simply not well justified in my opinion.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Spoken with authority; unfortunately, incorrectly. I tried the aluminum foil for the wifi and gps, without much success. I can actually feel the camera connection making contact when I squeeze it, as the green screen fades. We are simply going to have to disagree about Asus. The fact that the wifi signal is "not as good as it could be" pretty much encapsulates my opinion of the company - nothing on this product is as good as it could be. If a company is going to claim to be cutting edge, that requires more than producing something that is not as good as it could be. While I'm no Apple fan, none of the people I know with iPads have run into anything remotely like my experience with the Asus product, and certainly have not had customer support issues with Apple like I've seen with Asus. Indeed, for the first three weeks after they lost my device while it was being RMA'd, they wouldn't even admit it was lost; they just kept giving me the run-around. Only after they found it did they admit it was lost. So, apologize as much as you'd like for Asus; it doesn't change the facts. And, from what I've seen on the web, I'm not alone - Google "Transformer Prime" and any of the following: wifi, gps, screen bleed, camera green screen - the problems all sound pretty similar to my experience.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1519 times
    The problem you seem to be experiencing can probably be traced to loose push pins. Some people have squeezed in just the right place and corrected the problem going forward. Others have opened up the case and fixed the problem. I have quite a few customers with Prime TFs and not one has experienced the problems you are having with the exception of the WiFi and that is rarely an issue for them. With the exception of a now and then WiFi (I need to maneuver a few feet one way or the other to get a good connect) my TF201 is virtually flawless as well.

I agree that you may have purchased a lemon but I have used ASUS components for 20 years with great results, and I was using their motherboards excursively for years. It would appear that since Intel is getting out of the motherboard market I will begin using only ASUS boards going forward. Probably built 5,000 plus systems using ASUS motherboards. They currently also make some killer video cards and routers too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads