Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation asus transformer prime stuck on asus screen need help

i just got a transformer prime from a friend all messed up (bricked) it will power on but will not show anything else beside just the asus splash screen (pwr + vol down button) or reset button does not do anything. It will shut off kinda vibrate and turn back onto the same screen........calling on you smart people out there, there has got to be a way to revive and fix this one Please help
    thanks

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1548 times
    Welcome to the forum

A factory reset sounds like your best bet. The reset hole is not a factory reset. Look at Frederuco's link for instructions.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    tried to use frederuco's method to no avail maybe i did not do it right but still at the same stage no improvement

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1548 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oliversibbs View Post
    tried to use frederuco's method to no avail maybe i did not do it right but still at the same stage no improvement
    Are you saying you DID the factory reset and no help? What is showing on the screen now?

Refresher:
    Start with the power off and detached from the charger. Vol down first then at the same time hold the power button until you see the white writing top left then follow the screen instructions.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    with power off did the vol down and then pwr button and still no dice same result

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    i am beginning to think this is the [ya edittttt] tablet....just don't understand how it can be bricked that should not even be an option if windows pc can be crashed and a new operating system can be installed why not with this piece of [ya editttttt again]......surely there has to be a way to get this thing up and running........its just a blank slate that basically needs a new operating system and to even think that asus and android alike could not even provide a simple way to re-install the operating without the nightmare bull [ya edittttt] is inconceivable....COME ON smart people there has to be a way to get this thing going....if i have to remove the hard drive put one with pre-installed on it i will do it....i refuse to accept there in no way to fix this piece of joy. <---final edit
    Last edited by eejit; 02-03-2013 at 10:22 PM. Reason: lanugage

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    I know you won't like this, but I ran into the same issue with my Prime. Tried everything but couldn't recover it on my own. had to send it to Asus for recovery, $250+ later I received my tablet back as good as new. Asus had to swap out the motherboard to recover the tablet. I wish you better luck then I had, maybe you'll find the solution that eluded me

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    397 times
    It sounds like the bootloader is screwed. Think of it like screwing up the bios on a desktop or laptop (whether Windoze/Linux/Mac it's usually time for a new motherboard). The arm processors of the world rely on flash memory, in the case of every tablet on the market (including iFads) the flash memory is soldered to the mother board, so when you screw the bootloader, it is done. The only exception to this I have ever seen is the Raspberry pi which utilized an SD card to hold everything and can be replaced, but not any cell phone, tablet, laptop motherboard or desktop motherboard to my knowledge. Screw whats on that chip and it's over unless you can find a way to un-solder the flash memory and find a way to get a computer to recognize it to reflash.

Edit: The reason you don't see bricked motherboards in laptops and desktops that often is because of the fact that very few people actually update the bios firmware which is where the bricking usually happens.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for all responses i guess will just get rid of it....no to asus for me going forward

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1548 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oliversibbs View Post
    thanks for all responses i guess will just get rid of it....no to asus for me going forward
    Just when I'm going to need to start using ASUS motherboards again. They have been great as have all the ASUS products I've used. But now that Intel is getting out of the motherboard business it will be ASUS all the way, once again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads