Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Prime is the beta version of the 700

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Prime is the beta version of the 700

I had my mother buy the infinity. It arrived right before we left for our trip in Panama City. All I can say is that it we prime users got screwed..... Her Wi-Fi is at least 20-30 percent stronger. Letís put it this way. We are in our condo and we have different Wi-Fi all around us. I can only pick up one signal with the prime. She sees 7-8. My boy also has the Samsung galaxy 8.9. It also sees 7-8. I flat out can't connect to any Wi-Fi with my prime. It really pisses me off. I can only connect if I go down the main floor and use the coffee shops wifi. My mother and boy are able to connect and use the Wi-Fi just fine from the room.......

The 700 almost looks identical to the prime besides a few subtle differences. The volume is on the top right and the hdmi and audio jack is on the bottom left. Speaker is still in the same crappy spot. The screen is definetly a little sharper but nothing to write home about. It also does seem peppier but still nothing to get excited about... It has an option to disable the GPS as well. Then there is the Wi-Fi..... From what I have gathered everyone is saying the all metal backing is causing our issues with the prime. The only difference with the prime and 700 is that the 700 has a little strip on the very to backside. It looks exactly the same besides that. I can't understand for the life of me why they won't let us return ours to get this different backing. It almost looks like I just take the back off hers and put in right on mine.

From what I have see of the infinity so far I would highly recommend it. It basically cleans up most the primes weaknesses.
    I wouldn't touch the prime with a ten foot pole especially since the Infinity is out. Unless you don't care about wifi..... Needless to say I am jealous.. Need to see if mom will trade.....

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    6 times
    Why does MOST people claim hear everybody has issue?
    I have had my Prime for 6 months and had zero issues, can not see me buying a 700 just for a better screen.

I care about WiFi but everywhere and I mean everywhere I been I have had zero issues with WiFi.
    Jeffrey likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Technician View Post
    Why does MOST people claim hear everybody has issue?
    I have had my Prime for 6 months and had zero issues, can not see me buying a 700 just for a better screen.

I care about WiFi but everywhere and I mean everywhere I been I have had zero issues with WiFi.
    All I can say is that you must be lucky. Have you stayed at any hotels where the range may become and issue. Sure it works fine when you go to mcdonalds or starbucks but this is the 4th place I have stayed in while I used the prime and two places I was able too connect and the other two no luck.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    46 times
    I have to agree with Tech on this one. My Prime wifi is fine and so are a lot of others. I just got back from a vacation at the beach that had wifi and nobody could connect to it, even on new laptops. Talk about a loit of upset people. Some Hotels just don't have good wifi setups. If you have to have good wifi you may want to get a room close to the router to make sure you're in range.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    @bfull. If technology stood still I guess you wouldn't feel you got screwed. How will you feel when an 8 or 900 comes out?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    @bfull. If technology stood still I guess you wouldn't feel you got screwed. How will you feel when an 8 or 900 comes out?
    Gota agree with Jeffery something faster,smarter less problematic always comes out just around the corner with technology trying to keep up will either make you broke or your head spin

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    Just a small clarification. ASUS doesn't have everybody send in their unit to replace the back plate because that is not exactly an option or the root of the issue. One, all of the internals are attached to the back plate, not the front. Two, I think it is mostly the connectors for the wifi that are the issue not the back plate. They screwed up with the Prime, but as it's not a safety concern, these things usually aren't recalled.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nettech207 View Post
    Gota agree with Jeffery something faster,smarter less problematic always comes out just around the corner with technology trying to keep up will either make you broke or your head spin

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    I must be the only one with crappy wifi..... My god guys I am not making this crap up. Did you all not read my post. I could care less about the better screen better technology, faster proc, blah blah. I want a device that will connect to wifi that is not more than 30 feet away. I have three other devices right now. Infinity, samsung galaxy, and my laptop. I can connect just fine with all the other devices. Wouldn't that piss you off???? Are you implying that I have a broken device? Are you all saying that putting a plastic strip on the back of the device is new technolgy? Seems to me that they knew there was a problem with the design. Why else would they do that?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    bfull, Asus knew they had an issues with the wifi, that much is evident. So it seems they have fixed it with the TF700. I bought the TF101 and was so tempted to buy the Prime. I am glad I did not because good wifi is critical to me. I am also of the belief that after recognising the problem with the first set of Primes released, some quality improvement work was done on the units to get better results.

I have made the decision to buy the TF700 and I have already sold my TF101. I hope Asus got this one right, however based on my love for the TF101 I am willing to try Asus again even if the TF700 has small issues. I will be buying the Tf900 if it ever comes.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    In defense of the OP everyone it is obvious that the TF700 was an announced upgrade to the TF201 and it was announced by Asus when the TF201 had only been in user's hands for 8-14 days and it was also stated by Asus that it was being released to "correct" the WiFi/GPS issues with the TF201!

Like it or not, perfect unit or not, even Asus realized from the get-go that the TF201 had issues and so the OP's point of it being a beta for the TF700 has at least some validity to it!

I got my dongle for my TF 201 did you? lol
    bfull1478 likes this.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links