Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By doug3673

Thread: [Solved] ASUS Cleaning Cloth for Prime??

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times

[Solved] ASUS Cleaning Cloth for Prime??

I have been using the black cleaning cloth that came with my Prime for sometime now. It has been working great so far. My question is about the cloth itself. Does this cloth eventually stop cleaning the tablet? And is it possible to purchase another cloth? I have tried it on an iPad and it cleans the screen perfectly. I really love this cleaning cloth because it require no spraying of liquids. Only wiping and its done.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    54 times
    any microfiber cloth would work the same. You can generally buy them in 12-packs for around $12-$16 at automotive stores, electronics stores, discount retail stores, etc...for instance:
    http://www.amazon.com/Zwipes-Microfi...rofiber+cloths

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1060 times
    Microfibre cloths can be found at Dollar stores like Dollar Rama, Dollar Giant, Dollarpalooza. [ last one is imaginary ]
    Last edited by Swipe; 07-04-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 9xhelix View Post
    any microfiber cloth would work the same. You can generally buy them in 12-packs for around $12-$16 at automotive stores, electronics stores, discount retail stores, etc...for instance:
    http://www.amazon.com/Zwipes-Microfi...rofiber+cloths
    Ok thank you for the help.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    79 times
    Or if it's not all torn up, toss it in the wash machine. I put mine in the pocket of a shirt and button it shut to keep from loosing it. comes out nice and clean and ready to wipe, once it's dry
    Stock TF700T Infinity w/JB Because it will not unlock!
    Rooted with Kingo Android Root
    Apex Launcher Pro
    Fixed Asus & bought Samsung!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 9xhelix View Post
    any microfiber cloth would work the same. You can generally...
    Not true at all. The microfiber cloth that comes with the Prime is by far the best cloth I have ever used. With most cloths you have to rub back and forth like 10-20 times to remove fingerprints and smudges. With the cloth that came with the Prime.. like 2 or 3 wipes will remove ALL smudges. I lost mine and I'm trying to find a replacement. Its softer than most microfibers and it has a bucnh of dimples in it, its not smooth like most microfiber cloths.

If anyone knows where to buy replacement Asus microfiber cloths I'd love to know!

Doug M.
    ------------
    Hawkmoon likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by doug3673 View Post
    Not true at all. The microfiber cloth that comes with the Prime is by far the best cloth I have ever used. With most cloths you have to rub back and forth like 10-20 times to remove fingerprints and smudges. With the cloth that came with the Prime.. like 2 or 3 wipes will remove ALL smudges. I lost mine and I'm trying to find a replacement. Its softer than most microfibers and it has a bucnh of dimples in it, its not smooth like most microfiber cloths.

If anyone knows where to buy replacement Asus microfiber cloths I'd love to know!

------------
    I would have to agree Doug. The first time I used mine I was thoroughly impressed and ended up keeping some after all of the RMA / returning I went through.

I happen to have 4 of them now. I returned 2 of my TF201s, I got one with one of the keyboards I bought (strange I know), and now I have a new one that came with my TF700. Some how I feel like they cost me a whole bunch of money though... the headaches and hassle that I had with my TF201s and the loss I took when selling my last one on Craigslist.

But I have a TF700 now... Kind of anti-climatic finally getting what I was expecting when I shelled out $800 in December, but so be it... I have 4 clothes!

The key to happiness is having dreams. The key to success is to fulfill those dreams. Unknown

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by doug3673 View Post

Doug M.
    ------------
    I totally agree - the cloth that came with my ASUS Transformer Infinity is the best screen cleaning cloth I have ever had. The texture allows you to hold it more easily and it seems to remove smudges better than the smooth cloths. I found someone selling these cloths on eBay (eventually) - they appear to be genuine ASUS cleaning cloths.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times

Re: [Solved] ASUS Cleaning Cloth for Prime??

wow I'm actually suprised that ebay user is selling those cleaning cloths. Considering you can only get them with a new tablet, I wonder how that person got so many...

I happen to have 2 cleaning cloths. 1 from my TF201 and 1 from when i purchased the keyboard dock.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Ads