Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Prime or TF300T

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Prime or TF300T

Looking in buying one of those 2 tablets but heard the Prime are still having issues and from what I can see, they are hard to find/buy. From what I can read thru reviews, the TF300T is pretty compatible except for the Gorrila screen. Also, by now I figured the prices would have gone down since the Prime came out but no.......

Is the TF300T battery life as good as the Prime since I can not find any info towards that and can I view PDF files.

Which one should I purchase? Also heard the latest Galaxy is pretty good also?
    Thanks

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    66 times
    Here are my points as to why to get the tf300 instead of 201(Prime).

Plastic backing is great for the following reasons:

1. Scratch resistant (the 201 scratches way too easy) I like to have it without case and always used it flat on desk so with 300 no worries about scratching it on surface.

2. Grooves on 300 make it have a nice grip (201) is a bit slippery

3. Dent resistant (201 got dented during time I had it by just slightly hitting the top of device with a marble)

4. Depending on your preference I like the blue/gray color of 300 vs the purple/gray of 201

Other reasons I like the 300 vs 201

1. Rounded edges so when holding it undocked in palms it doesn't dig in and give you a welt/mark in palm. (i was playing some games on 201 and within 2-5min my palms were hurting)

2. Ports are not as exposed on 300 which means less likely to damage.

3. There is an LED on top of power button not, can't seem to remember if 201 had it.

4. Speaker grill on 300 is way nicer and less likely to get clogged with grime or dirt from hands. The tiny holes on 201 just are too small and will get clogged like they did on my tf101 and probably are blocking sound a bit.

5. 300 has latest bluetooth or Wifi version from what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong)

6. yes the 201 has a bit of a faster processor but it really didn't make a difference in real life use at all to me.

7. yes the 201 has gorilla glass but according to Asus the 300 has hardened glass ( it all depends on how you are going to take care of it) simple solution is get a screen protector if you are hung up on no gorilla glass.

8. yes 201 is a bit thinner and supposedly lighter but you really can't tell when holding them for longer than a minute or so or when docked for that matter. Plus the aluminum body on 201 makes it feel heavier.

9. no GPS issues on 300 and well we all know the issues with 201.

10. Wifi is stable and stronger on 300 in real life use and according to tests done with wifi analyzer. 201is constantly is dropping the signal strength.

11. Latest version processor DDR3 vs DDR2 (memory bandwidth)

12. Screen sensativity better on 300 (good for writing and drawing)

13. Micro SD card fits flush with tablet and is not spring loaded so won't fly out if you press it.

14. Full SD card slot on keyboard is also pretty flush with dock.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    You won't get a better explanation than that

IMO the tf300 is the best value for money top line android tablet currently available.

The battery life on the tf300 is excellent, but not quite as good as the tf201. But yes you *can* view pdfs on it.

As this needs to be moved to the most appropriate section, I'm moving it from tf101 general to tf300 general. In that section, you will find a great review thread on the tf300 which I recommend you look through.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    15 times
    The 300 is the best tablet for the money.i love my 300 very happy with it i got it over the prime
    IPad 4 32 gig iOS 6.1.3

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    You won't get a better explanation than that

IMO the tf300 is the best value for money top line android tablet currently available.

The battery life on the tf300 is excellent, but not quite as good as the tf201. But yes you *can* view pdfs on it.

As this needs to be moved to the most appropriate section, I'm moving it from tf101 general to tf300 general. In that section, you will find a great review thread on the tf300 which I recommend you look through.
    I agree. I weighed the pros and cons of each before purchasing and overall you just get more bang for your buck with the tf300. Not to diminish the Prime at all of course.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
    Current Tablet: TF300

Current Phone: Droid Bionic (Rooted)

Other Android Devices I have Owned: OG Droid, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Xoom

Go Bulls!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    5 times
    The Prime is superb looking. Arguably the best looking tablet and the most diverse on the market today? The 'problem' with the Prime is functionality. If you need decent Wi-Fi then the Prime is a gamble at best and a real problem for many ex users.
    The tf300 was bought to the market amid much a-to-do about the issues some had with the Prime. Some Major retailers refused to continue to stock the Prime in this country.

The tf300 does all the Prime does and has very strong wi-fi and working GPS. Now if you are going on appearence then the Prime is way ahead. If you desire a versatile working tab with present day cutting edge techno' then the tf300 will do the job for you. I have written here many times that for the financial investment there isn't another tab that comes close to the tf300, yet.

You mention the Samsung. Great tabs I own the galaxy Note. Problem is the new Samsung tabs, the second generation still have dual core CPUs and do not run as fast as the Asus. I would 'think' given time Samsung will catch up and then start to give Asus a run for the money? The speed these devices develop is so fast no sooner has one walked out of the store than a new model appears.

Find a store with all tabs on display and have a play. Try not to be a fan boy of any brand. I am still worried about the reliability of my Asus, I have never had such concerns whith other top brands. Lets see.

Ryland
    Last edited by ryland; 06-15-2012 at 05:17 AM.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    66 times
    I would like to see a head to head prime or 300 vs the new Toshiba Excite 10 (not x10, or LE). The new Toshiba was at Office depot and I got to play with it. It has quad core as well and was very snappy and felt good in the hands.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    6 times
    i am not sure why anyone would pay more for the tf201 at this point with the infinity so close to being released, and with the tf300 being such a great bargain for a tad bit less in overall performance. also the size/shape/weight of the tf300 is perfectly fine. that should be a non-issue to everyone IMO.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    I chose the 300 over the Prime, and I'll briefly explain why:

I had been lusting (LUSTING) after the Prime since it was first announce, but it was constantly sold out, and I could never find the 64gb (Best Buy only ever seemed to have the TF101, no matter which store I went into).
    My laptop finally died, and in addition to work (engineer) I am in night school (law school), so I needed something smaller than my work laptop to take to school with me.
    Stopped at Best Buy on my way home, and shockingly enough, they had the TF101, the Prime, AND the TF300.
    I played with all of them.
    There is no doubt that the Prime looks nicer, and is lighter and thinner (though both of those amounts are, in my opinion, fairly negligible).
    Even more schockingly, the Best Buy employee who came over to see if I needed help was actually knowledgeable about all three of the Primes, and uses a TF101 himself.
    According to him, the Prime's GPS issue is an antenna issue that also affects the WiFi.
    I read up on reviews, and finally decided to get the 300 (despite my love of the Prime), due to it having a much faster processor than the 101, only being MARGINALLY slower than the Prime, but with significantly better WiFi that probably more than makes up for any lags anywhere else in my typical daily use.
    PLUS
    Here, it's only $50 more for the 32gb 300 than for the 16gb 101, only $20 more for the 32gb 300 than the 16gb 300 (the prime jump from 32 to 64 is $100), and is a full $100 cheaper for the 32gb 300 than the 32gb Prime. The money saved is going towards microSD cards.

Ok, that wasn't as brief as intended. Basically, I absolutely LOVE my TF300, feel confident I made the right choice, and highly recommend the 32gb TF300 if pricing where you are is like it is here.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well! Just purchase one thru Best Buy, waiting to hear back from them since it's suppose to be in stock at a local store. Purchase the keyboard, micro sd card 32g and a Poetic Leather Slim case thru Amazon.

Thanks for the info, am sure that I'll be back for some more questions, lol!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links