Thread: Prime or TF300T

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kiteman View Post
    i am not sure why anyone would pay more for the tf201 at this point with the infinity so close to being released, and with the tf300 being such a great bargain for a tad bit less in overall performance. also the size/shape/weight of the tf300 is perfectly fine. that should be a non-issue to everyone IMO.
    Just got a new tf201 for my sister for $250.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    Just got a new tf201 for my sister for $250.
    Where? Everywhere I look they're still full prince, and the used ones aren't much cheaper.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hpfabe View Post
    Where? Everywhere I look they're still full prince, and the used ones aren't much cheaper.
    Special connection. Sorry, only my family benefits from this. The point I was trying to make is I don't pay full prices for these devices.
    mnt likes this.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    1 times
    Well for the rest of us common folk paying regular prices, it is very very hard to find Prime for under $499. I just ordered the 300 32gb Blue at Adorama for $370 this morning. This afternoon it is $385! I am looking forward to using it and not worrying about scratching the back as I was with my Prime which was returned for the usual gps/wifi problems.
    hpfabe likes this.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by treker7 View Post
    Well for the rest of us common folk paying regular prices, it is very very hard to find Prime for under $499. I just ordered the 300 32gb Blue at Adorama for $370 this morning. This afternoon it is $385! I am looking forward to using it and not worrying about scratching the back as I was with my Prime which was returned for the usual gps/wifi problems.
    I understand what you mean. I had her try out the 300 and 201 first. She liked the 201 more and chose that instead of the 300. I made sure wifi strength wasn't a problem before I let her try them out.

That said, if you are on a budget and you want to be safe, the 300 is the way to go.

I am fortunate enough to have gotten a 201 that has a working gps and strong wifi. Been using my prime as a daily gps to take me to places (job sites). After having used my prime since January, I can't really use the 300 without feeling deprived.

Obviously, you can tell that I have mixed feelings about these. On the one hand, a prime with working gps and wifi beats the 300 by miles. But a 300 is a safer/cheaper choice.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm seriously considering the 300 at this point. I'm tired of the weak WiFi and poor GPS. My uncle wants to buy my prime so I need a new tablet. Also I'm a bit afraid to miss the IPS+, Gorilla glass and weight/shape.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by emfa View Post
    I'm seriously considering the 300 at this point. I'm tired of the weak WiFi and poor GPS. My uncle wants to buy my prime so I need a new tablet. Also I'm a bit afraid to miss the IPS+, Gorilla glass and weight/shape.
    Do you have a Best Buy nearby? Go there, try them both out side by side, and see if those things really make a difference to you,

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    1 times
    I live in Central America so Best Buy is FAR away haha. I can't buy the Prime or TF300 here.. I'm almost sold for the 300 because I also like the Infinity but the price and release date worries me.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    I was very thorough when it comes to researching which tablet to buy. I was seriously considering the Samsung Galaxy Tab, but as Ryland pointed out, even the new Galaxy Tabs are running on Tegra 2, while all the other big names are stepping up to Tegra 3. I checked a lot of reviews, benchmarks, etc. I almost was going to get a Prime TF201, until I heard about the wireless and GPS issues. So my search led me to the Transformer Pad TF300T and the Acer Iconia Tab A510, both with Tegra 3. The deciding factor that made me choose the 300 was the fact that the Iconia Tab had very little to offer to validate the $65 premium. I am also a bit miffed and wary of the fact that Acer is releasing yet another tablet, the Iconia Tab A700, just 2 months after the release of the A510. I can't support a company that is willing to release new tablets at such a high frequency. The A700 has a full HD, but I wouldn't trade my TF300 for it.

In conclusion, I love TF300 very much. It is a very capable tablet at a very good price. It took a lot of time to pick the right table. But it was worth it when I got such a capable tablet at a great cost.

I recommend the TF300. The Transformer Prime is a beautiful device, but goodintentions good signal strength experience is the exception, not the rule. I also am not keen on spending $100 on mere build quality (no offense to the Apple IPad). But even if you decide to pick the TF201, you are still making a great choice.
    Last edited by razorracer83; 06-18-2012 at 08:11 AM.
    hpfabe likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by razorracer83 View Post
    I was very thorough when it comes to researching which tablet to buy. I was seriously considering the Samsung Galaxy Tab, but as Ryland pointed out, even the new Galaxy Tabs are running on Tegra 2, while all the other big names are stepping up to Tegra 3. I checked a lot of reviews, benchmarks, etc. I almost was going to get a Prime TF201, until I heard about the wireless and GPS issues. So my search led me to the Transformer Pad TF300T and the Acer Iconia Tab A510, both with Tegra 3. The deciding factor that made me choose the 300 was the fact that the Iconia Tab had very little to offer to validate the $65 premium. I am also a bit miffed and wary of the fact that Acer is releasing yet another tablet, the Iconia Tab A700, just 2 months after the release of the A510. I can't support a company that is willing to release new tablets at such a high frequency. The A700 has a full HD, but I wouldn't trade my TF300 for it.

In conclusion, I love TF300 very much. It is a very capable tablet at a very good price. It took a lot of time to pick the right table. But it was worth it when I got such a capable tablet at a great cost.

I recommend the TF300. The Transformer Prime is a beautiful device, but goodintentions good signal strength experience is the exception, not the rule. I also am not keen on spending $100 on mere build quality (no offense to the Apple IPad). But even if you decide to pick the TF201, you are still making a great choice.
    Well said! Absolutely love my TF300 (just wish the $20 difference in versions was from 32gb to 64gb, not 16gb to 32gb, but I've loaded up on microSD cards and am still WAY below the price of the 64gb Prime... and even the 32gb Prime).
    To me, if you decide you want an Android tablet, then the TF300 is by far the best bang for your buck, and one of the best, period.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links