Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By leeshor

Thread: Newbie here - Looking for TF201 64gb but can't find anywhere. Is it worth the wait?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times

Question Newbie here - Looking for TF201 64gb but can't find anywhere. Is it worth the wait?

Hi, I am new here. I am finally getting ready for my very first tablet purchase. I had my eye (and heart) set on TF201 64GB but for some reason I can't find it anywhere. Everybody is out of stock and nobody seems to know when the next availability will be.

Some sites even list this model as discontinued...

So, is it really discontinued or is the manufacturer just having hard time catching up to the demand in the market?

Is there anything better around the corner? Shall I wait for 64 gb to become available, or should I just get the 32 GB??

I would appreciate your comments. Thank you.

On a side note: I am not a gamer, but I will be using the tablet for business presentations that involves HD video presentations, powerpoint, excel etc. Online webinar, or multi user video call type of features. Since I intend to save a lot of my presentation material on the tablet itself, I figured the more space the better it is, therefore I was thinking about the 64gb but of course, if that model won't be available, I suppose I can use other means for storage.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    The TF700 should be out sometime this year. I would guess late 2nd quarter or early 3rd quarter. I would personally wait for that if I was in the market.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    It is worth pointing out that you can get a few 32 gb microSD cards and swap them out.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by twiceblessed View Post
    Hi, I am new here. I am finally getting ready for my very first tablet purchase. I had my eye (and heart) set on TF201 64GB but for some reason I can't find it anywhere. Everybody is out of stock and nobody seems to know when the next availability will be.

Some sites even list this model as discontinued...

So, is it really discontinued or is the manufacturer just having hard time catching up to the demand in the market?

Is there anything better around the corner? Shall I wait for 64 gb to become available, or should I just get the 32 GB??

I would appreciate your comments. Thank you.

On a side note: I am not a gamer, but I will be using the tablet for business presentations that involves HD video presentations, powerpoint, excel etc. Online webinar, or multi user video call type of features. Since I intend to save a lot of my presentation material on the tablet itself, I figured the more space the better it is, therefore I was thinking about the 64gb but of course, if that model won't be available, I suppose I can use other means for storage.
    Welcome to the forum

I have several customer, (and myself) very happy with their TF201 32GB models. It's really difficult, with the memory expansion options and ease of access to network resources to use much more than that. You can find the 32GB models at several vendors, here. ASUS Transformer Prime In Stock Tracker - Transformer Prime TF201 - NowInStock.net

It has not been discontinued. It may end up as the Infinity's older and less expensive brother but it's still kickin.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    32GB cards are available for less than the price difference of the 64GB Prime. You can probably get 2 cards for the price difference.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you all for your replies. I looked up the infinity and read up on the GPS and wifi issues... I sounds like it would be wise to wait for the TF700 but my concern is the timing.... If they end up releasing it by end of Q3 or Q4, that's a looooong wait! I don't know if I will have that much patience... ) Part of me says, buy the TF201 32 GB now and sell it when you can upgrade to TF700 but I am concerned about the wifi issues. GPS isn't that big of a deal for me at this point, but if I can't connect to wifi, it's pointless to have the TF201.

Can someone with TF201 please share their experience here about the wifi issues? How minor or bad is it??

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Have you given any thought to the TF300??? Better WIFI and GPS they say...

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    Have you given any thought to the TF300??? Better WIFI and GPS they say...
    This. The TF300 has about 95% of the functionality of the Prime (it doesn't have the option for the ultrabright IPS+ screen setting, and by most reports I've read doesn't have Gorilla glass) and in some benchmarks has been noted to outperform the Prime. It has better GPS and Wi-Fi, and IMHO, in spite of reports saying that the plastic construction is a step backwards, it seems to me that plastic tends to be more impact-resistant than metal, so the plastic, while less expensive, may be an advantage in the long run.

Given the price difference that the TF700 is going to carry, I don't know that I'd go that route. If anything, I might go with the TF300 were I to buy a new one tomorrow.

Now, THAT BEING SAID, if your main desire is for an awesome screen, wait for the 700, as its dpi rating is going to be off the chart, from what I've read. I personally am of the opinion that the human eye can only detect so much sharpness, and we're getting to the point in these small screens that it's all just bragging rights.
    Last edited by thegreyelf; 05-15-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you guys... You all have been very helpful. I think I decided what to do... I am thinking about getting a TF300 with buyback program via BestBuy. Then I will wait for TF700 to come out and possible wait for the bugs to be worked out and at that time, I'll if I can seel my TF300 at a better price then the BB program, if not, I'll just turn it back and upgrade to TF700

That way, I'll I'll have something to tie me over till TF700 is okay to buy. )

The only question left is this: Is the dock from TF300 compatible with TF700? Do we know that yet?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links