Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Short Battery Life

I don't use my prime a lot....recently I have noticed that when I open the prime it has shut off. It never happened before. I have to recharge before it will reboot. I installed the duel battery widget yesterday and fully recharged both the dock and prime. It shows good health for both batteries. Today I open the prime ( I did not use it at all) and the dock was completely discharged and the tablet was down to
    44%. The only thing that is on is the WiFi. Any thoughts?

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballyoran View Post
    I don't use my prime a lot....recently I have noticed that when I open the prime it has shut off. It never happened before. I have to recharge before it will reboot. I installed the duel battery widget yesterday and fully recharged both the dock and prime. It shows good health for both batteries. Today I open the prime ( I did not use it at all) and the dock was completely discharged and the tablet was down to
    44%. The only thing that is on is the WiFi. Any thoughts?
    WiFi is probably a good guess. I'm guessing since you didn't say that when you opened your TF it was at the normal lock screen. I suggest as a test that you install Auto Airplane Mode (by DON) from the Google store. The only setting to be concerned about it load on boot. See if that does the trick.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    I think I have heard about the dual battery widget draining the battery as well
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bfmetcalf View Post
    I think I have heard about the dual battery widget draining the battery as well
    NEVER, not DBW, all 7 of the TFs I'm supporting have DBW installed and none are suffering battery issues. But all also have AAM installed. ASUSFAN001 can totally back me up on that one as he uses it as well and his TF runs like a well oiled machine.

Some people had complained about DBW some time ago but that was when they were ready to blame just about anything for the reboot and battery issues and there were probably a dozen apps mentioned as solving the problem, most didn't, DBW was one of those.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Try turning wifi off during sleep (settings>wifi>advanced>wifi on during sleep). It could also be an app. Try closing unused apps.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have fully charged both batteries and turned off all running apps and widgets (figured I know where I am and what time it is and I can look out the window to see what the weather is like). I have spent a couple of hours outside today with music playing and the batteries read 91/21. Mind you I had a bluetooth speaker playing for that time and I know that will drain the battery quickly. I will monitor the tablet over the next week. Thanks for your help.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballyoran View Post
    I have fully charged both batteries and turned off all running apps and widgets (figured I know where I am and what time it is and I can look out the window to see what the weather is like). I have spent a couple of hours outside today with music playing and the batteries read 91/21. Mind you I had a bluetooth speaker playing for that time and I know that will drain the battery quickly. I will monitor the tablet over the next week. Thanks for your help.
    If you still had the screen on and WiFi, and Blue Tooth that's a triple whammy as they are the biggest battery users by far of anything else you could do.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links