Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

GPS dongle arrived

I've gone from 0 satellites to 11 in view inside and 12 outside. For the most part they stay in the "yellow" with occasional reds and greens for strength. All in all it seems to do what it's supposed to do even if the signal is still "yellow" 97% of the time.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    I got my dongle today. I knew it was my responsibility to share my test results with the site. First it's not quite as large as the photos mad me think it would be. I took a few screen shoots pre dongle...uploadfromtaptalk1335302967112.jpg on average I had 11 satellites before attaching the dongle. Then after clicking on this bad boy I noticed a decent increase.uploadfromtaptalk1335303066359.jpg. 5 extra satellites and better accuracy. I apologize in advance for getting one since I didn't seem to have the issues some have (0 satellites found). As a side note anyone with screen protector should be careful as the dongle presses very firmly against the screen. I now have a one inch crease on my ZAG screen protector. Also the dongle is a very tight fit make sure you lock it on just as the tablet will lock into the keyboard.

I was briefly scared s the notice on the front of the piece said to download software update prior to use. Opps any unlocked units don't get updates so... I assume .21 software is new enough. I hope everyone gets their own soon.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5os

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    PS sitting the unit on its back flat on the table helps get signal with or with out the dongle... i keep thinking dingle... and this test was performed inside.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Last edited by ace2die; 04-24-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    4 times
    Hi ace2die, thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm hoping to get a handle on when mine might ship. Can you please tell me when you ordered it, if your status changed from order submitted to shipped on Asus's website, where you live, and how it was delivered (regular post, courier) ? Thanks in advance for any info. you can share.

Mark

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    I live in Maryland. I ordered my dongle by registering as a VIP on Asus` site first week of April. I was called APRIL 9TH from California with a message assuring me it is shipping on the 16th. My order got threw before they could pull down web page after the application accidentally went live. Because of accidental nature of this the asus webpage shows no record of the order. Sorry

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ace2die View Post
    I live in Maryland. I ordered my dongle by registering as a VIP on Asus` site first week of April. I was called APRIL 9TH from California with a message assuring me it is shipping on the 16th. My order got threw before they could pull down web page after the application accidentally went live. Because of accidental nature of this the asus webpage shows no record of the order. Sorry

Thank you for the prompt reply. I think being able to sneak your order in early probably helped you in getting your dongle earlier than most of us :-)
    Enjoy your new toy! Hopefully the rest of us will be able to do the same soon.

Mark

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    10 times
    Got my dongle today and in the house get 16 SATS, up to 18 outside. A whole lot better than before!
    Way to go Asus!

humeston
    Asus Transformer Prime TF201, Keyboard Dock, Origami Cover, MoKo Slim-fit Folio Case, Schumacher XI14 DC to AC Power Inverter , Asus external USB adapter, Microsoft 3 pocket carrying case/bag. (Former Ipad, Acer A500 and Toshiba Thrive owner.) Pumped about the Prime!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I registered for my gps kit on 4/17, it said shipped on 4/18, received today. Wow, what an enormous difference! First, l used GPS fix to see if it would display my correct address. Without dongle, it would take at least 60 seconds to display my fix, was never better than 4 houses away and 75 meters accuracy. I attached the dongle, it took 7 seconds to acquire my exact address and 5 meters accuracy. Next, I used GPS Test, it took 8 seconds to see 17 satellites, and it said the accuracy was 7 feet. YES!!!!!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markab View Post
    Thank you for the prompt reply. I think being able to sneak your order in early probably helped you in getting your dongle earlier than most of us :-)
    Enjoy your new toy! Hopefully the rest of us will be able to do the same soon.

Mark
    Less than an hour after I posted this I figured I'd take one more peek on Asus's web site and to my surprise it now shows as shipped
    Sweet...

Mark

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markab View Post
    Less than an hour after I posted this I figured I'd take one more peek on Asus's web site and to my surprise it now shows as shipped
    Sweet...

Mark
    That is awesome!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links