Thread: GPS Dongle manual available for download

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    3 times

GPS Dongle manual available for download

The manual is available to download from asus website download page.
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201
    linkie likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Unhappy

These guys really need an ABC course on customer support particularly in keeping their information to the public properly coordinated. They issue press confirmation but send out e-mail responses that they have no news about the dongle. On the ASUS VIP site today - nothing and yet they have already put up the user manual.

I really want to believe in these guys but from purchase, shipping and technical support issues - they really prefer to mislead you than give simple honest answers.

Of course after writing these post out of frustration - voila - my application appeared but trying to delete this post now didn't work so I guess crow is on the menu this morning.
    Last edited by KeepItSimple; 04-17-2012 at 05:08 AM.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    496 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimple View Post
    These guys really need an ABC course on customer support particularly in keeping their information to the public properly coordinated. They issue press confirmation but send out e-mail responses that they have no news about the dongle. On the ASUS VIP site today - nothing and yet they have already put up the user manual.

I really want to believe in these guys but from purchase, shipping and technical support issues - they really prefer to mislead you than give simple honest answers.

Of course after writing these post out of frustration - voila - my application appeared but trying to delete this post now didn't work so I guess crow is on the menu this morning.
    Left side of the VIP website.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I finally found it and was able to register for the new dongle. Wow! what a pain it was trying to find it. I even contacted Asus directly and was given a link but of course it didn't work! Here is the link to all that couldn't or were unable to find it!!

ASUS

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimple View Post

Actually the majority of internet users need an ABC course in understanding what a sense of entitlement is, and why fostering one is usually not in anyone's best interest. LOL. Half of the stuff people hear is rumors or stories broke on a blog before they're announced and then users act like the company owes them something for something that was never even publicly committed to or hadn't been fully announced.

Just ordered mine with zero hassle, BTW. I don't really NEED it but I think it's awesome they're doing so. Loving the frequent firmware updates and general bad a** performance of my TFP, too. No worries.
    Last edited by zenaxe; 04-17-2012 at 02:16 PM.
    FHSPSU67 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Just ordered mine, entered New Zealand as the country and the order was accepted so fingers crossed it arrives within the next month or two.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    27 times
    i registered a couple of weeks ago and got both a phone call and email confirmation of shipping week before last as well as an email yesterday saying my gps dongle had been sent. that said a relevant conversation on the need for gps, even the rationale for wifi devices to have gps has finally been taken up by one of the writers for android central. they ask the big question why? and bring up points that are salient and best of all the entire artical is written without any personal/emotional bias. the topic of gps has been hashed over here so many times it is almost a daily occurence. personally the logic used by asus to include gps from the get go is beyond me but as an owner i am of course biased. so to see an outsider's view on gps and wifi devices the story link follows,

Late-night poll: Is GPS useful on a tablet? | Android Central
    Funny, how just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does. -Douglas Adams-

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Wow, here I was thinking it was going to be a small device you could plug into the tablet or the keyboard port....this thing takes up the whole side of the tablet!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    how long does it take to process because done with it..... the registration n still showin ur request is processin still after 2 days........ "done from madrid .spain"

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Received mine this morning... it still shows as "processing" on their website page. Now I suspect that I have to wait for VirtuousRom to produce a version .22 based ROM so i can try it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads