Thread: Prime - Aldiko - Adobe DE & Library books problem

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Prime - Aldiko - Adobe DE & Library books problem

I'm wondering if anyone on the forum has had any luck with reading library ebooks on their prime with aldiko? The problem I'm having is that when I download the library book with Adobe Digital Editions on my laptop, then connect my prime via usb to my laptop, Adobe Digital Editions does not find the transformer prime.

So I followed an alternate method for putting the epub book onto my prime (in the digital editions folder). I registered aldiko with the exact same user and password as the adobe digital editions yet when I try opening the epub book I get an error message saying that aldiko cannot read the file.

Has anyone been able to borrow ebooks from a library and read them on their prime with aldiko? Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone on the forum has had any luck with reading library ebooks on their prime with aldiko? The problem I'm having is that when I download the library book with Adobe Digital Editions on my laptop, then connect my prime via usb to my laptop, Adobe Digital Editions does not find the transformer prime.

So I followed an alternate method for putting the epub book onto my prime (in the digital editions folder). I registered aldiko with the exact same user and password as the adobe digital editions yet when I try opening the epub book I get an error message saying that aldiko cannot read the file.

Has anyone been able to borrow ebooks from a library and read them on their prime with aldiko? Any help with this would be very much appreciated.
    I read library books using a different method (no PC required). First go into Aldiko, Store then My Catalogs. Hit the + button to add the website URL of your library. Long press on it to copy it and then you can paste it in by long pressing again where you want to put it. You only have to do this step once. Then go to the library website using the browser and check your book out. There is a bug in Aldiko that causes force closes if you try to check out the book from the Aldiko app. Once the book is checked out, go back into My Catalog and tap your library. Sign in to your library account go to your bookshelf and download your book. It goes right to your Aldiko shelf.
    kgragert, janner43 and BlueSky like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
    I read library books using a different method (no PC required). First go into Aldiko, Store then My Catalogs. Hit the + button to add the website URL of your library. Long press on it to copy it and then you can paste it in by long pressing again where you want to put it. You only have to do this step once. Then go to the library website using the browser and check your book out. There is a bug in Aldiko that causes force closes if you try to check out the book from the Aldiko app. Once the book is checked out, go back into My Catalog and tap your library. Sign in to your library account go to your bookshelf and download your book. It goes right to your Aldiko shelf.
    Thanks very much! I'll give this a try tomorrow.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    No Problem! I love reading library books on my Prime. Once you get it set up it's much more conveinent than hooking up to the PC!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
    No Problem! I love reading library books on my Prime. Once you get it set up it's much more conveinent than hooking up to the PC!
    It works!!!! I had to try it out tonight I just couldn't wait. I can't thank you enough for your help!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Congrats!! Enjoy your cord free reading

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Great to read this got resolved for you. For anyone else reading this, please also check out our e-reading FAQ linked in my signature

Beancounter - I have copied your method to that thread with a credit. Good job.
    Beancounter and BlueSky like this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    6 times
    I set this up last night on my transformer Prime and was able to browse and download the book from Aldiko directly. I did have to sign into my Adobe Editions account at one point.

So today I decided to put Aldiko on my Razr Maxx...and I had the force close. I found a setting within Aldiko for logging into Adobe Editions and once I did that I was again able to download the book from within Aldiko directly, as well as shop and add to my cart.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    I set this up last night on my transformer Prime and was able to browse and download the book from Aldiko directly. I did have to sign into my Adobe Editions account at one point.

So today I decided to put Aldiko on my Razr Maxx...and I had the force close. I found a setting within Aldiko for logging into Adobe Editions and once I did that I was again able to download the book from within Aldiko directly, as well as shop and add to my cart.
    Was it a book that you had a hold on or one that was available to add to cart immediately? I can checkout within Aldiko alright unless the book is one I had a hold on. I get the force close when I go to My Digital Holds and then select Add to Digital Cart. I did contact Aldiko about the bug and they said they were going to look into it. That's been about 6 months. It would be great if the last update fixed it. I'll be sure to try it out as soon as I have a library book come in!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    6 times
    When I had the force close on the Maxx I believe it may have been a book on hold. That is when I went into the settings for the app and logged into Adobe digital editions. Once I was logged in both books loaded to the Maxx fine, and I pulled the on hold book down to the transformer last night.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links