Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

GPS/WiFi RMA with Cracked Screen Questions

As my first experience on this forum, I must say, I'm quite disappointed. I spent quite some time reading posts on this forum and have read many stating TF201 issues with GPS/Wifi as well as cracked screens but none that seemed to have both issues at the same time. Jefferey, I have no idea who you are but would you be kind enough to reopen my original post. I would really like to hear if anyone else has been in a similar situation and if so, what their experience was. As I originally stated, I'm not so concerned with repairing the screen but would really like to have my GPS/Wifi fixed.

So, my question is....Has anyone successfully had their TF201 GPS/Wifi repaired (RMA'd) by Asus despite having a cracked screen?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by o_O_o View Post
    As my first experience on this forum, I must say, I'm quite disappointed. I spent quite some time reading posts on this forum and have read many stating TF201 issues with GPS/Wifi as well as cracked screens but none that seemed to have both issues at the same time. Jefferey, I have no idea who you are but would you be kind enough to reopen my original post. I would really like to hear if anyone else has been in a similar situation and if so, what their experience was. As I originally stated, I'm not so concerned with repairing the screen but would really like to have my GPS/Wifi fixed.

So, my question is....Has anyone successfully had their TF201 GPS/Wifi repaired (RMA'd) by Asus despite having a cracked screen?
    Welcome to the forum. To give a quick answer to your questions I can tell you that I have RMA'd my TF201 granted I didn't have a cracked screen but I can state that whatever they did, DID result in marked improvement in my WiFi signal. Now I'm not sure if they did something physically or just installed software updates in house. To be honest after the last few updates they pushed out, many people report also having better WiFi. GPS has been a hit and miss according to users, mostly a miss, however there is news over the last 48 hours that ASUS does have a fix for the GPS by way of a dongle that would attach to the unit via the charging port, other threads just began addressing this issue within the last day or so. Hope this helps a little.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you PastorDroid...based on what I've read on this forum, you've summed everything up quite well - thank you very much for doing this, I do appreciate it. I did see the recent news regarding the GPS dongle but I'd prefer to not have an add-on to fix something that should have been working from the start. Clearly it's not my choice so, I'll have to accept whatever option I'm presented with. For now, I'm still holding out hope that someone on this forum with a cracked screen has been able to have their GPS/Wifi repaired. Ultimately, my fear (as you'd probably guess) is that they'll say the GPS/Wifi issues are my fault due to the cracked screen....which is honestly not the case. Thanks again for your reply

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Thank you PastorDroid...based on what I've read on this forum, you've summed everything up quite well - thank you very much for doing this, I do appreciate it. I did see the recent news regarding the GPS dongle but I'd prefer to not have an add-on to fix something that should have been working from the start. Clearly it's not my choice so, I'll have to accept whatever option I'm presented with. For now, I'm still holding out hope that someone on this forum with a cracked screen has been able to have their GPS/Wifi repaired. Ultimately, my fear (as you'd probably guess) is that they'll say the GPS/Wifi issues are my fault due to the cracked screen....which is honestly not the case. Thanks again for your reply
    You're quite welcome. I know this is probably an obvious answer but do you happen to have any insurance on the TF201? Have you gotten next steps from Asus to fix it? I don't think they'll attempt to blame it on the cracked screen. The GPS/WIFI issues are the worst kept secret since Ricky Martin coming out of the closet.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the smile.

I've looked into many of the options folks have mentioned on this forum (VISA 90-day return policy, Best Buy return policy, Renters Insurance, etc...) but I won't be able to take advantage of any of them given my situation. I did contact Asus customer support this morning but they said I need to speak to the GPS/Wifi troubleshooting folks on Monday morning when their offices open (before proceeding with an RMA.) Based on what I've read in these forums, it sounds like I'll be asked to go outside and turn on the GPS to confirm it doesn't work. Although it sounds like an annoying hoop to jump through I do understand the reasoning. I do hope you're correct about their not blaming the GPS/Wifi issues on my cracked screen though - I'd be pretty disappointed in Asus as a company if they were that low.

Anyone else out there have a compounded situation similar to the one I'm in? I'd love to hear some good news from someone.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times

As stated, there are numerous posts regarding poor GPS/WIFI reception and cracked screens that have answered your questions quite clearly.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I renamed the thread to a title that seemed appropriate to the OP's question. If it needs adjusting just let me know and I'll adjust it more. But as it is now at least people can look at the title and have a clue what the thread is about.
    Last edited by Mickeylittle; 04-07-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you Mickeylittle.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Thank you Mickeylittle.
    No problem. It is none of our intentions to cause disappointments but it happens from time to time as we go about our business of cleaning up things such as temper issues, foul language, and duplicate types of threads. Your thread was closed I'm sure in error since you have the strange situation of wanting to get your GPS/WiFi fixed via an RMA on a Transformer with a busted screen.

Good luck getting your repairs!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I still don't get all the GPS issues. IMO purchasing a Prime for GPS purposes is crazy (well crazy isn't the right word but I can't think of a better one lol). I know the advertising stated it came with one but that had NO bearing (pardon the pun) on my decision to buy one. Maybe it was Asus that was crazy for thinking the GPS would work. Anyway, the GPS subject is getting soooooo old....sorry for sounding like a grumpy old fart.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
    My time is up, you've been great!

Transformer Prime (TF201) 32GB Gray
    HTC Desire CDMA
    Samsung Mesmorize Galaxy S

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links