Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: ASUS placates Transformer Prime owners with free GPS Extension Kit add-on

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well I registered my prime, a few minutes ago, and I didn't get the option to get a dongle. my serial starts with BCOKAS. I have been holding out on sending it in for warranty work but now I might just suck it up and complain to them about my wifi and GPS issues

forgot to mention. I have a prime with the serial starting with BCOKAS, it is my second one, first one was bought 12-23-2011. then I exchanged it for the one I have now on 1-17-2012. think I should try to get one with a newer serial, or wait for this alleged dongle.
    Last edited by mudduck454; 04-08-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    17 times
    I'd highly suggest you not bother ASUS until after 4/16. For both parties benefit, even if they took your prime now I don't think the turnaround would be fast or the repair as complete. The signup process just isn't finalized yet explaining why some people are getting dongle signup and some people aren't.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tf201 View Post
    I'd highly suggest you not bother ASUS until after 4/16. For both parties benefit, even if they took your prime now I don't think the turnaround would be fast or the repair as complete. The signup process just isn't finalized yet explaining why some people are getting dongle signup and some people aren't.

Agreed, at this point you're better to wait for Asus announcement.

Mark

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tf201 View Post

I sent mine in in Feb (BCOKAS000XXX model). It was in limbo a month before I received a phone call and an email, saying that there was a fix for the wifi problem but that there wasn't a fix for the gps. They were willing to refund.

I'm wondering now if they knew the dongle was in the works and didn't have any yet. They never told or hinted such to me.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    ASUS placates prime owners??? wow... did the definition of placate change recently?? I mean don't get me wrong, I like my prime.... BUT if I spend hard earned cash on your product, I don't need to be placated.... I need your product to work as you said it would. I was semi-ok with not using the GPS cause I have different resources available.... but the handling of the GPS issue along with some of the other minor issues related to the prime release by ASUS is what really needs to be looked at.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm looking forward to getting the dongle but I'm curious about how it works. A description at the end of the Asus announcement "It will look similar to the hinge from the dock. Where it will be a flush fit on the bottom of the unit if held in landscape matching the color of your Prime chassis. So if clips on similar to my hinge on the docking keyboard - can I still use the docking keyboard with the new GPS dongle ?

Read more: ASUS Giving Free GPS Dongles to Fix Issues - Technorati Android

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Since I purchased mine in Asia (C20 serial), but live in the USA I am hoping this dongle will be available to ALL TF Prime owners?
    I haven't yet registered my unti, and based on previous posts I may just wait until after the 16th to do so, so that Asus can configure their website to handle the "automatic" sending out of these dongles upon registration.
    However, I have already received a few firmware updates automatically--happened when I first got on-line, it was immediate (with a prompt stating there is a new update etc..).

I was hoping for a similar action with this dongle, but if it requires some consumer input to receive it then so be it, as long as they will not care if I purchased in my country of residence or not!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    13 times
    I have just received this response to my support ticket to Asus.

Quote:-
    "Hello Kevin,

Thank you for contacting ASUS.

We are currently not offering any GPS dongles for the Transformer device, and have made no official statements at this time.

If you would like to keep up to date on recent news from ASUS, please refer to ASUS.com, as this will be where to find any announcements which are made.

I'm sorry that we will not be able to assist you further in this matter.

Regards
    Kevin
    UK Support Hotline:
    [COLOR=#49535A !important] +44 (0) 870 1208 340 [/COLOR]
    http://uk.asus.com
    ASUSTek (UK) Ltd."
    End Quote

So I assume either an official announcement will be made on the 16th as suggested by other sites/forums, or that Asus are washing their hands of any GPS problems on their Primes.
    We will wait with interest to see what happens
    Asus TP 201, UK version s/m ***AS045***
    Samsung Ace

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    3 times
    I just got exactly the same email from Asus as rizlared above so it looks like its not happening ??? been a bit badly handled this i think

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    ASUS placates prime owners??? wow... did the definition of placate change recently?? I mean don't get me wrong, I like my prime.... BUT if I spend hard earned cash on your product, I don't need to be placated.... I need your product to work as you said it would. I was semi-ok with not using the GPS cause I have different resources available.... but the handling of the GPS issue along with some of the other minor issues related to the prime release by ASUS is what really needs to be looked at.
    Fair point, this is partially what had me apply the brakes on the move to upgrade from TF101 to Prime.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links