Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: ASUS placates Transformer Prime owners with free GPS Extension Kit add-on

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    7 times
    Heh. Reminds me of this old Dilbert...

28703.strip.jpg
    Lukyhit and TesterScot like this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Registered but did not get prompted either. I'll give it a few days then make a phone call. I imagine something should come of it if they are really doing this. Still, it's very uncool that only some people got the offer.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You may have to enter your serial as lower case. I tried for a bit and this was the only way it would accept it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailen View Post
    Now, what if we want to type while we find our way around the world?
    I'm guessing it will be compatible with the port on the keyboard dock too

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 729927852 View Post
    I'm guessing it will be compatible with the port on the keyboard dock too
    I am hoping so.....but not sure how it can. The tab fits pretty tight in the dock.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    13 times
    I have two friends who are working at Asus . One of them is working for Asus Taiwan in the marketing department and the other is a technician for Asus notebooks in one of the local representatives . Both of them didn't heard anything related to a such "dongle" .
    Also with all all my efforts to get any clue about the message that mysterious info that some of the users are posting that they are got from Asus which shows that "they dongle was delivered to them" , I wasn't able till now a such official message .
    My conclusion is that the site that posted this information first , really wants some attention by spreading rumors that does not have anything related to the truth , some April 1'st jokes related stuff .

The friend who works at Asus Taiwan told me that it looks like this "dongle" thing is a bad joke on the back of the TF201 owners because a such a thing is not practically possible in his opinion and here is why . There are more than 105,000 TF201 owners ( as for March 31'th ) all over the world . Considering that the develop of such dongle costs $25 per unit and the delivery costs should be an average of $10 , so a total cost of $35 per user and so a total of $3.5 million to invest a such operation which is equal to approximately selling of 10,000 TF201 units does not sounds like a possible option for ASUS.

So , I would like to advise to consider this mysterious TF201 DONGLE" more than a April 1'st joke than a real fact , at least for now .

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I can't register my tf201 because I can't find it on the list.

What product type is it?

Sendt fra min HTC Desire med Tapatalk

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djeuro View Post
    I have two friends who are working at Asus . One of them is working for Asus Taiwan in the marketing department and the other is a technician for Asus notebooks in one of the local representatives . Both of them didn't heard anything related to a such "dongle" .
    Also with all all my efforts to get any clue about the message that mysterious info that some of the users are posting that they are got from Asus which shows that "they dongle was delivered to them" , I wasn't able till now a such official message .
    My conclusion is that the site that posted this information first , really wants some attention by spreading rumors that does not have anything related to the truth , some April 1'st jokes related stuff .

The friend who works at Asus Taiwan told me that it looks like this "dongle" thing is a bad joke on the back of the TF201 owners because a such a thing is not practically possible in his opinion and here is why . There are more than 105,000 TF201 owners ( as for March 31'th ) all over the world . Considering that the develop of such dongle costs $25 per unit and the delivery costs should be an average of $10 , so a total cost of $35 per user and so a total of $3.5 million to invest a such operation which is equal to approximately selling of 10,000 TF201 units does not sounds like a possible option for ASUS.

So , I would like to advise to consider this mysterious TF201 DONGLE" more than a April 1'st joke than a real fact , at least for now .
    Gary on Xda (Official asus representative) Has pretty much confirmed it. Ever think that your friends just might not be telling you because they aren't supposed to? Gary said a big announcement was coming for the tf201 for a while now. This is it my friend.

(also 25 dollars to make a dongle? Please, these thing are made for pittance in China.)
    drigo likes this.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    999 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PastorDroid View Post
    I'm not a confrontational guy when it comes to forums and typing but I do have to say...IF your friends did indeed tell you this they should be fired for further diminishing company reputation. Do you know how utterly ridiculous that reply sounds? First of all Asus is facing down a PR NIGHTMARE, they'd be forced into bankruptcy if this was a deliberate lie/practical joke. Secondly, this dongle has already gotten FCC approval and has been registered for all of us to know about for at least a month now. No one knew when it'd be released but the rumors were out there from the time "GPS EXTENSION" was submitted and approved by the FCC and whatever counterpart another country has as well.

So again IF your friends told you this, they are probably telling it to others and for that, they should be reprimanded in my most humble opinion. Obviously they have no faith in their employer and simply want Next Friday's paycheck.
    Until Asus publishes a confirmation we are all just speculating. A 3.5 M hit will not bankrupt Asus. As for this so called dongle, it would be much cheaper to send a new back with a plastic window to every 201 owner. And if you have FCC documentation of approval, I would like to see it.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    13 times
    I really don't care what the representatives of Asus on other forums are saying . I would like to see a such dongle available too , but till there isn't any official email any other official report on it , this dongle is just an "IMAGINARY DONGLE" . Unfortunately speculations and false reports from the ones who are reporting that "the dongle was sent to them" cannot improve the GPS and WIFI signals on any TF201 devices that we own.
    I advise anyone not to jump so high with expectantions , till they will hold asuch "IMAGINARY DONGLE" in their own hands for free .

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Ads