Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times

Cool GPS sucks but my Prime is a wicked gaming machine

My GPS doesn't work and my WIFI strength is a few bars short moving 2 floors from my router, but games on this puppy are SWEET!!!

I downloaded a few Gameloft goodies and they look and run brillant on the TF201. 9MM is rock solid fun on a bigger screen as is Backstab. That's high praise from me since I'm a PC/PS3 gamer and I like my graphics running at a high FPS. GTA III is also a fantastic addition to my Prime gaming addiction. Not to mention that I can use my Xbox 360 controller without the keyboard dock. I found a USB kit on ebay for $14 bucks. Works perfectly. I'm not 100% happy since my GPS is not working but I would never use it to navigate with anyway and Google maps works perfectly through wifi. Anyway, the entertainment value (games, apps,movie rentals, music...etc) is what I was looking for and the Prime is holding up to my expectations.....so far

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Hmmm how'd u get 360 controller to work? Wats this USB kit and how do u fit a USB in the prime if there's no dock?

Edit: also check out six guns. I downloaded it last weekend and its awesome and its free. Its like red dead redemption on 360.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Craaaig_; 03-29-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm inclined to agree. Right now I am pretty happy with the performance of the Prime, though a little disappointed that basic functionality like GPS, Bluetooth and Wifi are rather lacking and in the case of GPS not working AT ALL. Like you, I won't be using my tablet for navigation so it's not a big problem, but I would prefer it to actually work. I am also a little annoyed that rather than provide the people who already purchased the device with the full package, they are instead remodeling the prime for a improved version which they will resell back to us at a higher rate than the original prime. To me that seems like a complete and utter lack of respect for customers. I paid top dollar for this device, I should get all the bells and whistles that were advertised, and I shouldn't have to sell this device, take a loss, and then repurchase the "polished" version and at an increased price at that! Don't get me wrong, I know I don't have to, and unless someone is willing to purchase my tablet for the full price I paid for it, then I won't be selling it when the new one comes out... Unless this device really starts to fall apart.

Anywho, in regards to gaming, performance, display, response, and everything else, I am extremely satisfied. Games seem to run extremely well, for the most part anyways. Apart from some odd software bugs that are likely nothing to do with the Prime itself, this is a wonderful device and tops my previous tablet (Xoom wifi) by a long shot.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaaig_ View Post
    Hmmm how'd u get 360 controller to work? Wats this USB kit and how do u fit a USB in the prime if there's no dock?

Edit: also check out six guns. I downloaded it last weekend and its awesome and its free. Its like red dead redemption on 360.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
    The USB kit will go into the port that you charge your Prime with functioning as normal USB port

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    The USB Kit fits into the charger slot. You can then attach USB accessories to the female end of the USB kit. PS3 controller works also. I am using my mouse as I write this. For more info just Google TF201 USB kit.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links