Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Case around charging input/docking area of tablet looks slightly bent

Hey all,

It's been awhile since I've been to these forums, so excuse me if this has already been answered/addressed. Has anyone noticed that the case around the charging area of their tablet looks a little warped? I'm talking about the very thin piece of aluminum that is on the screen side of the charging area? I was wondering if it had to do with my charger getting too hot around that area and warping the aluminum, but I also was wondering if it could be when I open the tablet/dock from the closed to the open position (and having the dock push against that metal when doing so).

Has anyone else noticed this?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Asus transformer prime broken glass, what should i do Seems to have stemmed from the same issue. I wouldn't try to fix it or you might end up like that one.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Considering aluminum melts over 650C or 1200F, I doubt that it is getting that hot to melt it. More likely it is bending from use. i know the aluminum around the TF101 port can easily bend if you bump it into somehting.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You mean this?
    2012-02-24 14.23.35.jpg
    Mine has been like this either since I got it, or shortly after. It doesn't seem to affect my ability to dock or charge it, but it certainly is an ugly eyesore and diminishes it's visual appeal.
    It looks to me like this happens because the frame is fitted so tightly.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Holy moly! I just read the other thread, and that is what's happening to mine, it's bending upwards! I never noticed it bending down before, but I certainly notice the bend upwards now. If it breaks my screen, that's going to suck. I've never dropped it, never forced the charger in, and always keep the damn thing in a case (except when I put it in the docking station. WTH.

Thanks for all your replies.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snag46ed View Post
    Holy moly! I just read the other thread, and that is what's happening to mine, it's bending upwards! I never noticed it bending down before, but I certainly notice the bend upwards now. If it breaks my screen, that's going to suck. I've never dropped it, never forced the charger in, and always keep the damn thing in a case (except when I put it in the docking station. WTH.

Thanks for all your replies.
    yup be very carefull. im the OP from the broken glass thread. mine was bent since i got it and well im sure you read thread. i didnt try to fix it myself like that other guy says, the bent on mine snapped under pressure or stress i guess. it sucks hard. but sent it in for RMA, still waitin to here back from ASUS

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    iced the same thing on my prime. I had assumed that it came this way and I just didn't notice until a week or two later since I have been very careful with it. I almost posted a question asking if this was normal but now I'm guessing that most people do not have this bend over their charging port? I haven't noticed it getting worse but still rather worrying...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    My case its the same only other problem is that it won't charge properly it only charges through data and while the screen is off, any one else have thus problem or know how much repairs are warrantys void cause of unlocked bootloader but kind of lane because this obviously is a hardware issue and fit the record before I get blamed for the charging issue it was doing that shortly after I noticed the port bent and before you could even unlock the bootloader but once dead it won't power on :-(

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    woooh!! mine had the same issue.. did anyone of you ever find the cause of this one?

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    The bending is a result of user laziness, or carelessness. Whe you insert or remove the charger, don't apply any torgue to it. Just pull it straight out. It's applying the torgue that's causing the bending.

Unfortunately, they haven't made any tablet made of unobtainium yet. You're just going to have to becareful by pulling straight out or pushing straight in.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links