Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Was told of a Prime recall at Best Buy yesterday

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Was told of a Prime recall at Best Buy yesterday

Been trying to get one for several weeks so while traveling yesterday about 100 miles from home, went into a Best Buy store in central Indiana to see if I could get a Prime. Looked around the displays and could not find the Prime display or any advertising for it.

Asked a clerk if they had one that I could buy and was told that they would not be getting any more until further notice because of a "recall". He did not indicate if the "recall" was or was going to be, from ASUS or BB but did say that BB's returns had been a very large percentage of sales.

He seemed to be very knowledgeable about all of the tablets in general and had specific about issues that were cropping up with some folks on these Primes and claimed that a back cover change was in the works.

Have no clue if it was just this store, the regional sales area or what, just repeating what he claimed. It was interesting in that there was an empty space next to the Transformer 101 display.

I know nothing more, nor claim to know anything more about it, than what was said so don't add a lot of condescending posts.
    Last edited by 11290; 02-24-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    AFAIK there is no Asus recall. I would expect this to be BB recall (ie removal from sale) due to their quantity of returns.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    80 times
    I, for one, believe NOTHING I hear from a BB Sales Agent. I was told at BB the Toshiba AT105-T1032 was not available as it had been discontinued. They just aren't getting them fast enough as far as I can tell. But they'll BS you so you'll spend your money on something else that's "just as good". I didn't really want the Asus. I really wanted a Thrive. I'm happy I didn't get it but the experience of owning a TF201 could have been better if I had never seen all the problems it's having. So far mine IS making me happy.

So yeah, those guys have no idea what the manufacturer's are doing....they just wanna sell stuff.
    Not Your Father's Stock TF700T - KatKiss Is ON!
    Thanks to timduru - droidbound - kevinthefixer!

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    At Best Buy, usually with 1 exception, most of the people there were in shoe sales last month and may be in car sales next month.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    BB.com is showing some in-store availability in my area of Maryland.
    Last edited by hoya68; 02-24-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    At Best Buy, usually with 1 exception, most of the people there were in shoe sales last month and may be in car sales next month.

Lol I agree, those best buy salesmen are like pesty flies. They need to be reined in, their information is usually bogus, and of no help. When you enter a best buy, better know what you want, for they are of little to no help at all. Prices there are not that good either.
    drigo likes this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    27 times
    i have learned more often than not to never ever trust what any best buy employee tells me. usually i am the one who gets to correct them. i've been a silver reward zone member for years but have had so many issues with bad information, etc. that after i get my last points redeemed next week i am done with them. if i want to see something first hand before purchasing it i may go there to check it out but to buy it, no more. just me and my experience but the few good employees seem to be far and few between these days. case in point, the rep i got my prime from told me flat out that if i removed the rubber tabs from the bottom of the tablet i would void my warranty and ruin my device. i told him then how was i to connect the dock, he replied just force it in place. thankfully i ignored his instructions.
    Funny, how just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does. -Douglas Adams-

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenzinbfe View Post
    i have learned more often than not to never ever trust what any best buy employee tells me. usually i am the one who gets to correct them. i've been a silver reward zone member for years but have had so many issues with bad information, etc. that after i get my last points redeemed next week i am done with them. if i want to see something first hand before purchasing it i may go there to check it out but to buy it, no more. just me and my experience but the few good employees seem to be far and few between these days. case in point, the rep i got my prime from told me flat out that if i removed the rubber tabs from the bottom of the tablet i would void my warranty and ruin my device. i told him then how was i to connect the dock, he replied just force it in place. thankfully i ignored his instructions.
    Crap, no wonder I can't get it to fit my dock!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    That is hilarious that he told you to "force" it in. I would have had him open it and done it right there in the store so that he could either break it or be proven wrong lol.
    Transformer Prime 32Gb Champagne Gold with 4 cores of raw processing power!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Best Buy Prime Recall

I just received the same story tonight at a Best Buy in Northern Illinois. They still had had a spot for the prime but zero stock. When I asked the sales guy, he told me they had boxed all their stock up and sent it back to Asus. He said they were expecting new stock in 3-4 weeks after Asus corrected the wi-fi/gps issues.

I went to their web site and selected a prime, but it said it was not currently shipping and was only available for in-store pickup. When I selected in-store, there was no available stock in the 20 stores near me. Vanished into thin air.

I'm hoping there is some truth to this and that in 3-4 weeks I can get my hands on a redesigned prime.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links