Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times

Traveling with the Prime

I usually travel quite a bit. Last year was 100K, this year has been really nice so far, as I had no travel until this past Sunday. I was waiting to get on the road and see how the Prime shaped up.

Well. First of all, it will not replace the small netbook that I usually travel with, as typing any serious emails cannot be done (for me anyways) with the Prime key board. Hopefully, I can pick up a dock before i go to Japan next month.

With Office to go full version, I am able to be pretty functional on the prime with documents, excel, and even powerpoint. I would still use my laptop for any real work, writing, data entry etc... but I can review and do light work on the fly with the Prime.

I do need a new email app besides the stock one. I'll figure that out.

As a travel companion it has performed flawlessly. Anywhere that there is wifi, it has connected without fail or issue. Hotel, airport, company offices, restaurants.

I think that where it really shines, is the portability. With the case, it looks like a paper notebook, and it is unobtrusive to pull it out in a restaurant, airport, wherever, and have instant access to your stuff, without having to boot up a computer.

I give it 5 gold stars for ease of use, functionality for what it is. The battery has performed great, I am using it as a ereader, and watched a movie on the plane.
    TF 201 Gurple

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    140 times
    Yes a great traveling companion, for all the reasons you list.
    I find it amazing to get up from my seat on the plane and walk to the restroom and see in every row I pass someone has a tablet watching a movie or playing a game.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    The dock makes a huge difference. I've just about quit carrying my netbook since I got my Prime and the dock. It works as well as a laptop for most things, although the office functions are somewhat limited. That's a matter of software, not hardware, though. I think better software will be appearing soon.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    25 times
    One thing I found it great for, other than on planes and airports, is in the hotel I have the HDMI cable and can plug it into TV's in a lot of hotels. Plus I have a bluetooth mouse that I plug into the dock and can sit on the bed across the room and control it on the TV Yes lazy hotel room media station.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheArtfulPenguin View Post
    One thing I found it great for, other than on planes and airports, is in the hotel I have the HDMI cable and can plug it into TV's in a lot of hotels. Plus I have a bluetooth mouse that I plug into the dock and can sit on the bed across the room and control it on the TV Yes lazy hotel room media station.
    Funny you would say that because the other day I was in Orlando, FL and I stayed at this Holiday Inn.
    The room was very nice except they had a 1990 zenith 26in CRT tv and WIRED only ethernet!
    I was screwed. First off, what hotel has a 1990 tv in 2012? (BTW this wasn't any cheepo hotel it was 100 bucks per night).
    and secondly they had no Wi-Fi. Too bad I didn't have any Ethernet to USB adapter for the dock. So be careful when you select hotels and always make sure they have Wi-Fi in the rooms (either that or tether if you pay for that).

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links