Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Asus transformer prime broken glass, what should i do

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Asus transformer prime broken glass, what should i do

Hello, my ATP isnt even 2 weeks old. when i received the item it had a bend downwards above the power connector port and it made pluggin in the power cable a little difficult but thought it was normal and that it was to keep the cable secure inside the port. i wasnt worried about this and saw it as a little issue until yesterday that i went to plug in my power cable and the bent part shifted upwards and cracked my screen from underneath and now its shattered with the pieces of glass forming a "bump" upwards and coming off. i was shocked as all could be because of the screen shattering from a tiny push of the body of the prime and because its gorilla glass which is suppose to be very durable, but apparently it isnt. so i called asus and they gave me an RMA so someone could "check it out" but i feel that they arent going to cover this. if they dont will they offer to repair it? and if so for how much do you think? because its only the glass thats shattered not the lcd screen itself. i have a feeling they are going to be charging a ridiculous amount of money. if so does anyone know of a site that sells just the digitizer itself? because i cannot find any. so can someone please help me out and hopefully answer some of these quiestions. thanks

here is a picture of the heartbreaking damage.

IMAG0583 (2).jpg

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I thought gorilla glass was supposed to be durable. O_o

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    4 times
    Just make sure they know that you were having to force the connector in to charge it so it looks like a build fault... but boy you must have really bent it hard to do that.

Good luck!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    15 times
    I'm pretty curious how you got it to bend by just putting in the power cord and manage to get so much damage done.

If I would be someone to judge such damage for granting waranty, I would say it was dropped. Glass doesn't shatter like that by just bending the bezzel. You'll need brute force for that to happen.

For prices on repair you could do a Google search for "tablet screen repair"

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I agree with RonnieD.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The part thats bent upwards wasnt like that, it was shifted downwards. the body is made of aluminum yes, but that little piece that is bent is very easy to bend. Before the shatter my power connector would dock at an angle so when I plugged it in I saw that it was so and I straightened it out, thats when the bend pushed upwards and in a way snapped and cracked the screen. I didnt dropped it, I was very paranoid about gripping this thing firmly so definitely not a drop. And my reaction was as good as yours. Its unbelievable that this happened jus cuz of a stupid bend in the body. Im still shocked by it and frustrated. So unbelievable that thats why im worried they arent going to cover it. But just sent it to asus today so hopefully they get it by mid next week and they can tell me something

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    4 times
    Claim on your insurance for accidental damage.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg9999 View Post
    Claim on your insurance for accidental damage.
    Home insurance? I'm curious myself...

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nykingyn View Post
    The part thats bent upwards wasnt like that, it was shifted downwards. the body is made of aluminum yes, but that little piece that is bent is very easy to bend. Before the shatter my power connector would dock at an angle so when I plugged it in I saw that it was so and I straightened it out, thats when the bend pushed upwards and in a way snapped and cracked the screen. I didnt dropped it, I was very paranoid about gripping this thing firmly so definitely not a drop. And my reaction was as good as yours. Its unbelievable that this happened jus cuz of a stupid bend in the body. Im still shocked by it and frustrated. So unbelievable that thats why im worried they arent going to cover it. But just sent it to asus today so hopefully they get it by mid next week and they can tell me something

From the looks of it, it has applied too much stress on the glass, thus the shatter. so the question is, what caused it to bend in the first place? It can't just come in like that, which would be very strange.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thats exactly what must be the case and the only logical explanation to it, im guessin the constant bend of the body and power cable plugged in must have caused enough pressure or stress that eventually caused the glass to shatter. But as to the bump bein there, I recieved it that way. But asus should be receiving it monday and can get to me fast. I hate not having this thing with me. I hope for some good news, wish me luck.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links