Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Asus transformer prime broken glass, what should i do

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Broken Prime Screen.jpg Don't feel too bad, my wife accidentally dropped mine (one that worked perfectly by the way) a few nights ago when she was getting out of my truck the other night...I even had it in my case but unfortunately it hit right on the corner. I called ASUS and was told this is a CID (consumer induced damage) and is not under warranty (which I figured). They gave me an RMA # so that I could send it in for a quote. Everything works fine on it other than the broken screen and the damaged corner of the casing, so we'll see what they say.

Oh, almost forgot to add: Anyone looking for a new wife?
    Ironlion likes this.
    Transformer Prime - 32GB Champagne w/dock
    Nokia Lumia 900 - White
    B&N Nook Color - rooted

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    Y` ochhhhh.....rattle up the stovepipe daddy shot a bear, that looks brutal..

but that last line of yer post.

Gir
    Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sfirchau View Post
    ...The only things that seem to be harder (will scratch it) are rocks/sand and diamond. ...
    I don't know if you've been outside lately but there has been an outbreak of rocks and sand. Too bad it wasn't diamonds.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartassphone View Post
    The guy that Asus claimed damaged his Prime (he had sent it for a WiFi or similar issue) got into a whole thing with support, who would only supply 2 low res shots and would not accomlomodate his request to show the serial number or box. He won out when Asus gave in and sent him a new replacement Prime. The reason I mention it is the cost. They were asking him to pay something like $250, but be aware that the pictures shows a DESTROYED Prime, with the glass and entire casing beat beyond repair. Hopefully that will give you SOME idea of what number they are liekly to throw at you. If I had to guess, I would estimate say $175 or so... Sucks, big time, but is probably worth it, since you know its $500 t replace it outright (assuming you have a 32 Gb model)
    175 is tough but I would pay it. im sure they arent goin to cover it jus cuz its shattered. Jus worried about how much they are gonnna charge, im hopin somethin between 100-200 bucks

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    I don't know if you've been outside lately but there has been an outbreak of rocks and sand. Too bad it wasn't diamonds.
    Lol. Yeah but at least most household items won't scratch it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO MY EARLIER POST FROM 2/21:

I dropped mine off on Tuesday the 21st around 1030am CST, two miles down the road from me in Grapevine, TX. My status, 48 hours later, was the same (awaiting customer confirmation), so I called their 800# and was told that I would be receiving an email within 24/48 hours from the time I dropped it off...well, it had already been 48 hours but I went along with them anyway, hoping to receive my email soon...within one hour, I received the "Megan" email, claiming that my broken screen would cost me:

Cost of repairs (all amounts are USD) – enter amounts on credit card form:
    Parts - $263.00 (LCD-$186 + LCD Cover-$77)
    Labor - $65.00
    Shipping – please select one shipping method only on credit card form
    Sales Tax** – please select one option only on credit card form

So I'm now waiting on "Megan's" response after asking her if I could pick it up, considering it's only two miles from my residence (versus paying at least $10.00 to ship it).

This is going to be one expensive tablet for me...$500 for the Prime itself, $150 for the dock and now $328 just to get it fixed....DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nokia Lumia 900 - White
    B&N Nook Color - rooted

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    22 times
    At more than half the cost to replace Im afraid I would go ahead and buy a new one and auction off the broken glass one as is. If you get $200 for it you come out ahead and have the piece of mind that its not one that went through this. My bet is there are plenty of people that would buy it for $200.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyaggie View Post
    THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO MY EARLIER POST FROM 2/21:

I dropped mine off on Tuesday the 21st around 1030am CST, two miles down the road from me in Grapevine, TX. My status, 48 hours later, was the same (awaiting customer confirmation), so I called their 800# and was told that I would be receiving an email within 24/48 hours from the time I dropped it off...well, it had already been 48 hours but I went along with them anyway, hoping to receive my email soon...within one hour, I received the "Megan" email, claiming that my broken screen would cost me:

Cost of repairs (all amounts are USD) enter amounts on credit card form:
    Parts - $263.00 (LCD-$186 + LCD Cover-$77)
    Labor - $65.00
    Shipping please select one shipping method only on credit card form
    Sales Tax** please select one option only on credit card form

So I'm now waiting on "Megan's" response after asking her if I could pick it up, considering it's only two miles from my residence (versus paying at least $10.00 to ship it).

This is going to be one expensive tablet for me...$500 for the Prime itself, $150 for the dock and now $328 just to get it fixed....DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Was the LCD broken or just the glass? just wondering if replacing the LCD is "required" even if its just the glass that's broken.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by swampass2 View Post
    Was the LCD broken or just the glass? just wondering if replacing the LCD is "required" even if its just the glass that's broken.
    Your RMA has been received; however there is a delay in processing as it has ( damage to the LCD/LCD Cover* ), which is not covered under the ASUS manufacturer warranty. For your reference, please review the attached picture(s). For more information in regards to types of damage not covered under ASUS manufacturer warranty, please visit ASUS Service for North America, ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-, and/or refer to your User Manual.

*According to our Technician the damage to the LCD cover is cosmetic only.
    Nokia Lumia 900 - White
    B&N Nook Color - rooted

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I'm by no means an expert at this LCD stuff, but do know that when I turned it on I was able to see and do everything just fine, even though it was seen through a broken glass. I guess I can reject their offer and use it for everything other than an actual tablet (I can hook it up to a monitor with my HDMI cable that's wasting away)
    Nokia Lumia 900 - White
    B&N Nook Color - rooted

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links