Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Suggestion: Massive posting on ASUS Facebook 2/16

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Suggestion: Massive posting on ASUS Facebook 2/16

I suggest we all post on ASUS Facebook tomorrow (2/16) requesting a fix for the Prime issues!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I bought mine knowing about GPS issues, it is the only one I have experienced. I do not know if it is fair to make a complaint.
    A Very Happy Owner of a
    TFP201, 32GB CHAMPAGNE With Dock.
    From Santiago, Dominican Republic

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    12 times
    Pause for thought first.

Asus are STILL producing this product knowing it has issues. With this attitude how affected do you expect them to be by a face book posting?

A group of members here are signing a petition to support another member who is taking legal action against Asus and even that has not made Asus blink or rectify what appears a serious group of design problems?

Please understand I am not an expert in this area. I have some ideas why the prime has issues but I know Asus will not take a blind bit of attention to a face book post.

The way forward is to either return the product time after time until it works, get a refund, as I did, though this must be within a certain time frame or leave the product in the shop of purchase and refuse to collect it until the problems are resolved.

Other options may include contacting ones local trade and standards office, consumer right office or similar to lodge a formal complaint.

From what I understand Asus are just carrying on with business as normal and this is very unprofessional behaviour and needs to be addressed in a more professional way.

I fear your idea would not even cause the blink of an eye. Think about this, I am certain the folks at Asus have read this forum and others like it and has that prevented them from continuing production?

Do you know what truly amazes me? Why so many people STILL want to purchase one after reading the problems and why some are happy to accept them? The prime is also a 'prime' cost! It should do what it says on the box period.

I was fortunate to discover this forum the day after I purchased mine as I was surfing to see if I was the only one who had bought a poor product. Had I read this site first, no way would I have even looked at the prime.
    EX-Asus Prime 201, lasted 3 days.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    12 times
    Lopezco.

You knowingly purchased a product knowing it had issues?

Can I interest you in a watch? Great price it just lacks the minute hand.

Asus just love customers with this attitude. I respect your decision but do not understand it. No confrontation ment at all, I just dont get it?
    EX-Asus Prime 201, lasted 3 days.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    22 times
    Ive already posted there and had posts removed. I finally got one to stay after I bombarded them with script posting every 5 minutes. Ive also heckled all their model pictures and put words to the pictures. They are well aware that people are not happy with the connectivity issues. I think Im just gonna chill for a bit and see if they work it out. If it comes close to the end of warranty it will be a different game.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RylandJohnson View Post
    Lopezco.

You knowingly purchased a product knowing it had issues?

Can I interest you in a watch? Great price it just lacks the minute hand.

Asus just love customers with this attitude. I respect your decision but do not understand it. No confrontation ment at all, I just dont get it?
    yes, I did even with the risk of a very high cost for shipping return. Sending back my prime would cost me 100 or more USD$. If I make a complaint would be because of sensitivity with the community.
    A Very Happy Owner of a
    TFP201, 32GB CHAMPAGNE With Dock.
    From Santiago, Dominican Republic

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RylandJohnson View Post
    Pause for thought first.

Asus are STILL producing this product knowing it has issues. With this attitude how affected do you expect them to be by a face book posting?

A group of members here are signing a petition to support another member who is taking legal action against Asus and even that has not made Asus blink or rectify what appears a serious group of design problems?

Please understand I am not an expert in this area. I have some ideas why the prime has issues but I know Asus will not take a blind bit of attention to a face book post.

The way forward is to either return the product time after time until it works, get a refund, as I did, though this must be within a certain time frame or leave the product in the shop of purchase and refuse to collect it until the problems are resolved.

Other options may include contacting ones local trade and standards office, consumer right office or similar to lodge a formal complaint.

From what I understand Asus are just carrying on with business as normal and this is very unprofessional behaviour and needs to be addressed in a more professional way.

I fear your idea would not even cause the blink of an eye. Think about this, I am certain the folks at Asus have read this forum and others like it and has that prevented them from continuing production?

Do you know what truly amazes me? Why so many people STILL want to purchase one after reading the problems and why some are happy to accept them? The prime is also a 'prime' cost! It should do what it says on the box period.

I was fortunate to discover this forum the day after I purchased mine as I was surfing to see if I was the only one who had bought a poor product. Had I read this site first, no way would I have even looked at the prime.
    The intent is to raise awareness. It worked with Netflix...

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    171 times
    What Prime issues are you talking about here ? the only widely known official problems are :

1-Serial Number Not Found: Official ASUS Thread - Serial Number Not Found

"2/12/2012 Update -
    If North American users are still experiencing the Serial Number Not Found Problem after completing a manual update to ICS, then please send your contact information and serial number to tablet@asus.com. If you do not hear back from Service within 48 hours, please PM me directly."

2-BT/WiFi Fallout Issues: Official ASUS Thread - Users with BT/WiFi Fallout Issues

"2/8/12 Update - We pushed 9.4.2.13 early to address the random lock and reboot issues plus you might see general improvements in performance including WiFi and maybe even aGPS. For users still experiencing the drop out problem with WiFi/BT enabled, we expect to release a statement shortly (edited for clarification).

9.4.2.13 Release Notes -
    1. Fix Random Reboot / Lockup Problem (100% success in regression testing with returned units, hopefully the same in the community)
    2. Enable Google WideVine video rental in the US
    3. General Performance Enhancements
    4. New WiFi Firmware (there might be improvements in WiFi performance or lock capabilities, still working on the WiFi/BT dropout fix that will not be assisted by the WiFi/GPS firmware updates)

2/13/12 Update -
    For users experiencing the WiFi/BT dropout (complete dropout) issue we will have an update tomorrow for owners of those units.

2/14/12 Update -

For North American users with the WiFi/BT dropout problem (WiFi on, BT on, stream media through a BT connection and the signal drops out completely) that have not had their unit repaired or exchanged we ask that you please send the following information to tablet@asus.com :

Subject: <TF201 WiFi/BT Dropout – Your Contact Name>

Body:
    Name: Your Customer Name
    Phone: A contact phone number
    Email: Your Email address
    SN#: Your TF201 Serial Number

A customer care representative or technician will take your information, contact you and might ask you to walk through a short procedure to verify the problem. We plan on reworking these particular units with a dedicated line process or worst case, exchanging the units. If you do not hear from a customer care representative or technician within 72 hours, please PM me the above information and I will have an intimate discussion with the service group.

If you are in a region other than North America, please contact your local service team.

In addition, we will have a new OTA update next week."

3-Random Lockups after ICS update : Official ASUS Thread - Random Lockups after ICS update

"2/8/12 Update - We pushed 9.4.2.13 US early to address the random lock and reboot issues plus you might see general improvements in performance including WiFi and maybe even aGPS.

9.4.2.13 Release Notes -
    1. Fix Random Reboot / Lockup Problem (100% success in regression testing with returned units, hopefully the same in the community)
    2. Enable Google WideVine video rental in the US
    3. General Performance Enhancements
    4. New WiFi Firmware (there might be improvements in WiFi performance or lock capabilities, still working on the WiFi/BT dropout fix that will not be assisted by the WiFi/GPS firmware updates) (Edited for clarification)

Just a reminder, for those I or engineering did not contact directly yet about this problem, it does not mean we are ignoring your problem. We have read all the messages so please do not be upset if we have not contacted you yet."

4-Bootloader unlocker is going to be released this month(the month is not over yet).

Other than that here are my suggestions:

Enjoy your Prime(this not a GPS device).

Replace it free of charge via RMA.

Sell your Prime.

Buy an iPad instead (wait for iPad 3 release next month).

crying spamming suiting is not how these corporation works. this is not the first tablet they make they know what they are doing.
    Last edited by DrMightySnake; 02-16-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    lopezco and JaffaBoy like this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    6 times
    I bought mine knowing a few vocal people join boards and complain, but I know this normal.
    If one the off chance I took my TFP home and it did not work I would of returned it and go my money back, no big deal.

So saying they are still building defective primes is fine, but saying they are all defective is a lie.
    I suspect saying most are defective is also a lie or A) they would not sell B) the ratings I read on websites would not be 4.5 stars out of 5

But if the few dozen tops people here with problems feel like Spamming something great.... have fun. Count me out.
    lopezco likes this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    58 times
    Context. We really don't have enough context to intelligently evaluate the problem(s). Not saying there aren't some issues with some of the Primes. I returned my first one. Am relatively happy with the second one. So that's two units. Out of how many? No one knows. If yours is bad than you might tend to assume that most of them are bad. If yours is good then you might tend to assume that most of them are good. Not disputing that there are some problems. The real issue is how many Primes are problematic? And then perhaps we need to define problematic. Take one issue...this is the one the disturbed me the most...weak wifi receptivity. How many people have this particular issue? I really don't know. And of those with that issue how many of those are related to their routers or layout of their homes. I don't know how many. How many people with wifi issues actually did proper testing? Not just looking at the silly bar indicators on their Primes. I am talking about testing in multiple spots on multiple days along side other devices. I did it with my first Prime. Compared it to an iPad2, a Galaxy 7" tab, a Macbook, used Speedtest et al. Even switched routers and ran the tests again. For me, in my locale, in my home, my particular Prime(s) did not (still does not) perform as well as the other devices under the same conditions. Yet it still performs well enough to be enjoyable and functional. Nope, it's not perfect. Neither is the iPad2 or the Galaxy Tab or the MacBook or the Bugatti Veryon. But on this forum we really don't know how many people ran complete, exhaustive and comprehensive testing. Do we have a core of 50 unhappy Primer owners? One hundred? Two hundred? Are some of those who have had realistically bad experiences with their Primes also reporting their results on XDA? Do we count them twice and see the problem as larger than it might actually be? I don't know! I am suggesting that that is indeed the issue. Context. How many Primes has Asus shipped and sold? I dunno. How many are, by some realistic definition, bad? I dunno. How many Prime users are perfectly happy with their devices and have never even heard of this forum or the XDA? I dunno. I am not disputing that some forum members have had disappointing experiences with their Primes. Not a question of doubting those reports. Again, my first Prime was subpar. I am merely suggesting that we are seriously lacking in context and cannot properly and exhaustively evaluate the situation. And, as humans are prone to do, we extrapolate our experiences to others. "My Ford/Honda/Fiat was a piece of junk. All Fords/Hondas/Fiats are junk" or "I ate at that restaurant and my dinner was mediocre therefore all meals at that restaurant are lousy." PastorDroid started a petition. Which by the way I think is great. I signed it. So did lots of other forum members. But even that is not indicative of the scope of the problems. A lot of people, myself included, signed on to support those who are reporting issues with their Prime even if they were not personally experiencing problems. So again we are lacking in context. Conclusion? If you are unhappy with your Prime then return it. And you are of course welcome to participate in a massive posting to the Asus Facebook page. I do suggest that you remember that most of the postings here, and particularly this one, can be just someones opinion. Some of them are valuable. Others perhaps not so much.
    lopezco likes this.

32GB Asus Infinity w. Amethyst keyboard
    32GB Asus Champagne Prime - gone
    64GB Asus Champagne Prime - gone
    32GB Asus Transformer B60 - gone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links