View Poll Results: How is your HDMI to TV working on your Prime?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mine works great every time!

111 55.22%
  • Mine won't pick up a signal; no audio or video!

29 14.43%
  • Mine plays the video but no audio!

6 2.99%
  • Mine plays the audio but no video!

3 1.49%
  • I haven't tried it yet!

52 25.87%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Prime HDMI Success

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    723 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Mine works fine, not that I use it. Just plugged it in the my AVR to test it out. With several PCs, and an entire rack of AV equiment there is no reason for me to plug a tablet in to a 60" HDTV when I have other devices that will do the same thing and better.
    I use mine not for video, I use mine for teaching! I have a Bible study group that meets in my home on Wednesday nights and I need to put the Bible on the large screen TV for everyone to see. I also use this function with a projector at work to show Excel spreadsheets and powerpoint presentations. So what may not seem important to you may need to be re-thought as there are many other uses than just watching videos on a 60 inch TV.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same issue and tried the same trick but it did not resolve the problem as well. I hope there is a solution soon as I purchased the prime to do presentations.

Quote Originally Posted by eyesparky View Post
    I have a clear image but no sound. The 'trick' mentioned by a few, of muting the tablet before connecting then raising volume, has no effect for me. I didn't try it under Honeycomb, to know if it was an introduced issue, as when I received the Prime the ICS update was awaiting. No idea whether the cause is hardware or software related at this point so the route to a solution is unclear. I naturally want to be able to have sound via HDMI so hopefully a resolution will be found. Other than this issue I am loving the Prime so far.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've tried it on my Audio/Video Receiver that outputs to the TV. I got audio and video to work somewhat. When I want to play a game like Angry Birds on the TV...the screen just shows a lot of lines and nothing else. I also have a Super Nintendo Emulator with roms running on the Transformer Prime...but I get the same problem output to the TV

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I got the update today and am pleased to say that I now have audio as well as video when connected via HDMI. Not sure if it was the update that specifically tackled the issue or just the process of installing a fresh firmware and rebooting that shook things loose. Either way, I am pleased to have one of my minor niggles resolved.
    Mickeylittle likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I'm abstaining from the vote, as I'm one for two in my personal testing. I get good audio and video output from my prime to my TV. I can't get output to my 23" widescreen led monitor. When it is off, my prime detects the HDMI connection. When I turn the monitor on, the HDMI detection vanishes. Haven't been able to get go the bottom of this one yet.
    TF201 Amethyst Grey 32GB

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I cant vote again but have been using the HDMI to play movies and games on my TV with zero issues.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    723 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronie View Post
    I cant vote again but have been using the HDMI to play movies and games on my TV with zero issues.

Great! If we moved your vote from the I don't use it to the it works great category we would now have 56 working great and 14 with audio or video issues which works out to exactly a 20% fail rate. Now I know that this sample is way to small and that people on forums are the ones with issues but anyway, this is what we have. We have 14 of us who need to RMA our tablets just because of the HDMI port! But if you are as scared as me as to what you'll get back in return in 2-3 weeks you've got to be asking yourself is it worth the gamble!
    Last edited by Mickeylittle; 02-21-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    [QUOTE=Mickeylittle;135770]Good morning everybody! Thanks for the updates... Now with only 4 rejects and 13 working great that is a 75% success rate but it also gives me more hope that hopefully Asus can repair my issue and I'll have many happy days of HDMI use ahead![/QUOTE

Holy crap how did you figure that out?]

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    my HDMI connection is very loose and janky feeling. If I move the prime at all, I get a blast of static on my TV. So pretty much that rules out moving the tablet at all whilst connected. I hope it doesn't require any soldering to fix because that would be a pain on a device with such a thin profile.

fP!
    Last edited by Mickeylittle; 02-21-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: foul language

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    723 times
    [QUOTE=fongpi;139153]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    Good morning everybody! Thanks for the updates... Now with only 4 rejects and 13 working great that is a 75% success rate but it also gives me more hope that hopefully Asus can repair my issue and I'll have many happy days of HDMI use ahead![/QUOTE

Holy crap how did you figure that out?]
    haha. At that point in time my numbers were correct. you take 13 good units and divide it by 17 total units (4 rejects + 13 working great) and you get .7647. So actually their success rate was over 76% but 75% was just kind of a typical number to shout out!

Hope this clears things up?
    Current Devices:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads