Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    6 times

I'm still having random reboots after the last update

I used to have a random reboot maybe once per week and was glad when Asus said this last update was supposed to fix it. However, it appears the problem is still there, at least for me. Just yesterday alone I had 3 random reboots and 1 today. I can't seem to pinpoint what the trigger is but it pretty annoying right now.

Is anyone else still having random reboots after the last update?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Actually I have not any issues until this last update. How the entire system seems slow and I also have random reboots. I now get pop ups about the app not responding. Looks like we are going backwards and not forwards with problems. I have not had any real issues with WiFi or GPS, they are week, but usable, but not seeing any improvements. Asus what are you doing.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    This link may help http://www.transformerforums.com/for...boot-loop.html

The rebooting issues are very likely related to one or more apps you have installed. There are several possible solutions in the links below. Quite a few people have stopped the reboots cold by finding that one app that's causing the problem.

Reboots can also be caused by your router if it happens most while browsing.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Any chance that anyone who fixed their rebooting could tell which app or apps were the culprit?

I have noticed random rebooting, just a couple times a day, so it seems very hard, to me to delete 1 app and wait a day to see if it reboots.

I wish there was an app for diagnosing other apps and random reboots!

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    The most recent update is a part of the problem but Google+ and some Google Map updates have caused reboots. It doesn't help if you have a lot of active widgets and active wallpaper but those aren't the root of the problem.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    9 times
    I have the random reboot when I am in Navigation mode with Google maps. At least this is when I notice the most reboot. I am not real computer savvy but

my Prime locks up then kicks out to the ASUS screen like when you first turn it on. I will try to keep Maps off while i am in Navigation and see if that helps. It
    Acts like it has conflicting app orders or something.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Flash has generally been the main cause of reboots for me. The browser freezes all the time while loading flash and sometimes the tablet reboots. I also have them frequently when watching a lot of YouTube videos, the video will start jumping back and forth in the same spot and then a reboot will ensue. I also have screen corruption in YouTube. Last update fixed it everywhere but flash and YouTube. Tried clearing data on both.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by J_dav1 View Post
    Flash has generally been the main cause of reboots for me. The browser freezes all the time while loading flash and sometimes the tablet reboots. I also have them frequently when watching a lot of YouTube videos, the video will start jumping back and forth in the same spot and then a reboot will ensue. I also have screen corruption in YouTube. Last update fixed it everywhere but flash and YouTube. Tried clearing data on both.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
    Hey Jay_dav1.. what do you mean by clearing data? I thought if i clear data the app is no longer useable?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    My random reboots have so far been while not using the device, i put it in sleep mode and set it down, then I will hear a tone (like I got an email) and look at it to find it booting up.

I bought it friday night from staples, got 14 days to return, DON'T want to return it, but sure as hell I am not sending it in for repairs after reading the stories about RMA turn around.

I have some time to decide, but not much, hope we find a fix before I have to...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The main problem I have is the constant reboots after the latest update. I've been noticing that it reboots when am using the YouTube app, someone here mentioned to check for specific apps that might be the root of the problem. How could I tell which ones are good and which ones are bad?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links