Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: After .13 Firmware update, issue on Battery Meter, aka Sleep of Death

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Angry After .13 Firmware update, issue on Battery Meter, aka Sleep of Death

After reading all forms that was available to me online, I have finally realize that when the .13 firmware was updated from .11 the other day, those Transformer Prime with serial number starting with BCOKAS are having trouble with tablets going to sleep and a few moments later, it would shut down as if the battery power is low which is known as "Sleep of Death." Well, It is clear that it's not low, as you are to bring up the chart on the battery meter, you'll see a drop or more that indicates where the meter reads to zero and shuts down for some unknown reason. Also, several, including myself are finding that the tablet is using more battery power on certain settings and can determine that from the .11 firmware to the .13 firmware, there is a good amount of power being drained more than usual.

I decided to start this thread because I am seeing several that are trying to figure out what's wrong, and I have spend hours, doing cold boot, wipe data, uninstalling apps, as many of you have recommended trying and they all have failed. The .13 firmware is causing the problem, and I don't know if ASUS is aware of this issue. I have seen some that says they are, and I have no confirmation of that.

My job is to be an Engineer for Boeing, and they have trained me to look for unusual things, and I believe I have found the problem that needs a solution because I am NOT the only one who has this problem.

My tablet is a TF201, with ICS update, and currently own the product for a week and half. This issue became aware to me right after the .13 firmware update.

For those of you guys having this problem, please raise awareness. I would like to know what to do...wait for ASUS to send another update or contact ASUS to return it back.
    clambert likes this.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    For those of you guys having this problem, please raise awareness. I would like to know what to do...wait for ASUS to send another update or contact ASUS to return it back
    Certainly report it to Asus. If you don't want to RMA because you are sure it is firmware related, then at least contact Gary Keyes via the official Asus Prime threads on XDA.

Good grief, Asus really have made a complete mess of this product, haven't they!

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    II have a C10 TF201 - so far I haven't had any of the issues that seem to be prevalent, I love my Prime, and fully appreciate that I'm one of the lucky ones (although I'd be interested to know what proportion of machines are affected by these glitches.)
    I am still on .11 update - would advice be NOT to update to .13 - but to wait for a more stable solution?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    14 times
    I agree with Janner, Asus really has botched this whole thing up for a lot of people. Thankfully I don't have that problem the OP mentioned, and I have one with the BCOKAS serial number. My battery seems to drain faster than it used to, but I'm not sure that it's not my imagination.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RLIsbell View Post
    After reading all forms that was available to me online, I have finally realize that when the .13 firmware was updated from .11 the other day, those Transformer Prime with serial number starting with BCOKAS are having trouble with tablets going to sleep and a few moments later, it would shut down as if the battery power is low which is known as "Sleep of Death." Well, It is clear that it's not low, as you are to bring up the chart on the battery meter, you'll see a drop or more that indicates where the meter reads to zero and shuts down for some unknown reason. Also, several, including myself are finding that the tablet is using more battery power on certain settings and can determine that from the .11 firmware to the .13 firmware, there is a good amount of power being drained more than usual.

I decided to start this thread because I am seeing several that are trying to figure out what's wrong, and I have spend hours, doing cold boot, wipe data, uninstalling apps, as many of you have recommended trying and they all have failed. The .13 firmware is causing the problem, and I don't know if ASUS is aware of this issue. I have seen some that says they are, and I have no confirmation of that.

My job is to be an Engineer for Boeing, and they have trained me to look for unusual things, and I believe I have found the problem that needs a solution because I am NOT the only one who has this problem.

My tablet is a TF201, with ICS update, and currently own the product for a week and half. This issue became aware to me right after the .13 firmware update.

For those of you guys having this problem, please raise awareness. I would like to know what to do...wait for ASUS to send another update or contact ASUS to return it back.
    I too have a BCOKAS Prime and have been experiencing all of these issues. The random reboots were acceptable -- the "sleep of death" issue is not. I called ASUS and they advised me to do a data wipe. This does not do anything to solve the problem -- just wastes an hour setting up everything again.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pritzlb View Post
    I too have a BCOKAS Prime and have been experiencing all of these issues. The random reboots were acceptable -- the "sleep of death" issue is not. I called ASUS and they advised me to do a data wipe. This does not do anything to solve the problem -- just wastes an hour setting up everything again.
    I am also having these issues since the update. Everything was working fine before.
    Asus TF201 Champagne 32GB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeLady View Post
    I am also having these issues since the update. Everything was working fine before.

i have the bcokas sn and have none of the issues outlined.
    64gb model

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stussy2870 View Post
    i have the bcokas sn and have none of the issues outlined.
    64gb model
    Mine is BCOKAS also 32GB, I have not noticed any of these issues either.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezco View Post
    Mine is BCOKAS also 32GB, I have not noticed any of these issues either.
    Ditto, me neither

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    22 times
    BCOKAS 32GB None of these issues.
    I'm in the boat that these issues are app related and not really the updates. Just like any other evolving software the programs/apps have to keep up or get left behind. I suggest wiping all the data as ASUS recommended and DONT reload all the apps. Start with loading apps that specifically state they have been optimized for ICS and load them one at a time. I know that this sounds like a long drawn out process but this is the only difference between those who have problems and those who do not, the apps. We all have the same hardware and same firmware but I havent seen anyone post up a list of apps they are loading. I would just about bet my left testicle that this can be traced back to one or more apps not playing nicely.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links