Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    11 times

Volume+ (Sound Boost) app, can ruin speakers?

I was using the Volume+ (Sound Boost) app and pushed everything to the max and got some really awesome sound out of my Prime, only played 2 songs, that was yesterday then today I have almost no volume can't hardly hear a thing! sooo quiet tried disabling the app etc.. and can't get hardly any sound out of it any suggestions?

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1594 times
    Doesn't sound good, (pun intended). It is possible one of the speakers got blown out. Hard to say but not certain if there is any solution other than taking it apart to see or an exchange or RMA.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    11 times
    i was afraid of that.... on the phone now with tiger to see if they will do a exchange...

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    824 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jchipper View Post
    I was using the Volume+ (Sound Boost) app and pushed everything to the max and got some really awesome sound out of my Prime, only played 2 songs, that was yesterday then today I have almost no volume can't hardly hear a thing! sooo quiet tried disabling the app etc.. and can't get hardly any sound out of it any suggestions?
    Hm-m-m, I've use that app with no ill effects. Why don't you just uninstall it and see what happens? You could always reinstall easily! I'd fiddle around with your TF, like do a reset or cold boot. Let us know how things go, if the app really blew out your speakers, I'm going to definitely uninstall mine...don't want to take any chances. I usually use an external speaker when I need more volume, anyway!
    Asus Eee Pad TF101; Samsung Galaxy S4; Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition; Galaxy Note 8

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    11 times
    I called Asus and they wanted me to do a complete Data wipe right then and there on the phone, I told him to take a hike, I've spent almost a month getting the tablet just like i want it and full of data and you want me to wipe it all out right now not a chance i gotta back up first, so he gave me a case # to give to tiger said to wipe it and see if that fixes the problem if not give the case # to tiger and they will exchange it. I called tiger after that and they tell me i can purchase another tablet and then ship the defective unit back and when they recieve it they will credit me the $$ that way I won't be without a tablet. so that is good. i don't think that doing a data wipe is going to solve anything except irritate me. speakers were working perfect yesterday and now they are so quiet I have to put it right up to my ear to hear anything. Also GPS on my unit does not work at all won't find any satelites at all so i am thinking I will go ahead and exchange it and hope for the best. if worse comes to worse i do have the Square trade warranty but I don't want to use that up. I'm thinking about getting the 64 gb model, has anyone recieved the 64 gb CG model from tigerdirect yet? he didn't have a ETA on the 64 GB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Maybe Volume+ messed up some setting. Do a cold boot. Hold volume down and power button.
    I been using Volume+ and I have no problems. Been running at around 10+ in settings.
    Works great.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Erusman View Post
    Maybe Volume+ messed up some setting. Do a cold boot. Hold volume down and power button.
    I been using Volume+ and I have no problems. Been running at around 10+ in settings.
    Works great.
    Thanks so much! that did the trick! I have good sound again!!!

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1000 times
    Volume+ does warn you that you can damage the speakers if set to high.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jchipper View Post
    when you say "to the max" do you mean the +15 level?
    there's another thread here about me warning others to be careful with this app.

... say can you try it again with +15? for some time ?
    i wonder why your speaker sound disappeared, and yet it came back
    so how is the sound now?
    are there any torn-diaphram like sound or was it back to normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Erusman View Post
    Works great.
    same here, only up to +10
    yet some movies sound are still too weak
    and it seems that +11 is the best option, to fully hear the difference
    Last edited by december8; 01-30-2012 at 01:19 AM.
    information = knowledge
    experience = wisdom

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    74 times
    I'm not using any app to boost volume at all on mine. Can you guys hear your keyboard clicks (No dock either) when you use the Android KB? I can't hear mine until I use a Bluetooth headset. Audio is really weak on this thing. Some movies, usually 5.1, I can hear very well but others I have to hold my hand over the speaker, sorta cup it, to bring the volume up enough to hear it.
    Stock TF700T Infinity w/JB Because it will not unlock!
    Rooted with Kingo Android Root
    Apex Launcher Pro

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads