Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

When you First open the sealed Box, is the tablet turn on or turn off?

Hi everyone, I recently brought the Asus Transformer Prime.

The Box was sealed and everything, but when I open the box, the Sticker on the tablet fell off.

And when I press the power button with 1 click. the Tablet turns on. Then I read the instructions, the tablet should have been turned off?

My question is, when you first take the tablet out of the box, is it turned on or off.

Thank you,

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    8 times
    I got mine last Saturday from Amazon and it was off.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    362 times
    Welcome to the forum, check the battery stats in Settings > About Tablet > Battery

See if you turned it on yourself getting it out of the box, or if it had been on for a few hours / days - it will tell you how long on battery it has been.
    TF No longer charges: Clicky
    Transformer won't boot: Clicky
    Power / Lock button issues: Clicky
    Flash downloaded ASUS Firmware: Clicky

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    How do I get to that? right now it has the click "Start" screen, and then there is a screen says choose your keyboard

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    362 times
    Set the tablet up the way you want it, then when you are at your homescreen click on the Apps Draw top right, then Settings > About Tablet > Battery Usage

The above may be different if you are running ICS already
    TF No longer charges: Clicky
    Transformer won't boot: Clicky
    Power / Lock button issues: Clicky
    Flash downloaded ASUS Firmware: Clicky

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you, sorry if those were stupid questions, first tablet.......... Just having this feeling that this might have been used......... Planning on if I should return it to the store.............

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LChenJr View Post

The Box was sealed and everything, but when I open the box, the Sticker on the tablet fell off.

And when I press the power button with 1 click. the Tablet turns on. Then I read the instructions, the tablet should have been turned off?

y question is, when you first take the tablet out of the box, is it turned on or off.

Thank you,

Was your first touch of the tablet a short press of the power button? and did it vibrate.

Also you mentioned that when you opened the prime the sticker fell off, would I be right thinking this is the large oblong sticker to the right of the trackpad? or the sticker that is on the cellophane wrapper (see next paragraph)

Was the prime sealed in a see through plastic cover that you needed to peel of? have a look at this particularly at 1.45.

Also was there a plug in the charging socket at the bottom and are there two rubber bungs in the docking ports at the bottom ad another bung inn the usb port of the docking station (if you have that).

Also does the power supply have a cellophane wrapper around the body of the charger and also around the plug that attaches to the prime?

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Thank you, sorry if those were stupid questions, first tablet.......... Just having this feeling that this might have been used......... Planning on if I should return it to the store.............
    Don't jump the gun on the return until you find out what the battery status is, then try registering it with ASUS to see if the SN has been used, then see if there are any problems with it.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

My question is, when you first take the tablet out of the box, is it turned on or off.

Thank you,

I received my Transformer Prime today, and it would not turn on until the battery charged for a while. Even when connected to power, it would not intitalize until the battery developed a charge reserve. Once the battery received a charge, it fired up and booted into the initial setup. I had an initial problem connecting to my router, but persistance brought success. The tablet informed me of pending updates which downloaded successfully and now running ICS, which is sweet. I proceeded to put both my WIFI and GPS through its paces indoors. The sensitivity of both the WIFI and GPS appears to be on par with my Acer A500, both at home and in my shop.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    It's quite possible that some Prime's have been boxed while they are turned on, causing those 'cannot turn on' issues that some people are experiencing. Once the battery runs entirely dry the device shuts down and battery can drain even further while it is stored that way, making it difficult to boot up. You -might- have gotten a Prime that has not had that happened yet.

But yes, as others have suggested, look at other things to make sure you didn't get a used Prime. But if everything looks alright, the device was in proper plastic and there were no fingerprints or whatnot anywhere, then you're likely just another example of bad quality control of ASUS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links