Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: TF201, new back?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

TF201, new back?

Just left Best Buy where their website said they had TF201 available, in stock. They were sold out, but talked to one of the "leaders" I guess, and he was talking and I mentioned Wifi and GPS, and he confirmed that the new shipments of TF201 had a new back on them... Now, he could be regular Best Buy and be talking out of his ass because he's clueless like most I've encountered, but...Maybe, just maybe...

Said new shipment should arrive Wednesday or next Monday. Maybe I'll find out.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carle View Post
    Just left Best Buy where their website said they had TF201 available, in stock. They were sold out, but talked to one of the "leaders" I guess, and he was talking and I mentioned Wifi and GPS, and he confirmed that the new shipments of TF201 had a new back on them... Now, he could be regular Best Buy and be talking out of his ass because he's clueless like most I've encountered, but...Maybe, just maybe...

Said new shipment should arrive Wednesday or next Monday. Maybe I'll find out.
    I so badly want this to be true, but I'll believe it when I see it.
    Last edited by zubba; 01-24-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I believe the new shipments probably are moving with a different back (though I have no proof). Asus is fixing those already sold under warranty. And the new TF700T will have a strip in the top by the camera so the antennas can get signal. they probably sent the backs out for retrofit or replacement. It would not do well for them to continue to ship the old unibodies with the known issues involved.
    Very bad for business.
    Would be nice to see what the new backs look like though.
    Current: Amazon Kindle Fire, Vizio VTAB 1008, I Pad2.

Vizio.....It's a US brand, they make quality products at good prices. Keep the money in the US.

Love Emma Watson. http://www.transformerforums.com/for...ine=1327434465

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I have to say though, I am not at all impressed with the look of the new back on the TF700. I absolutely love the spun metal look and am a little disappointed in the matt finish on the 700s. I hope they do fix the back issue on new 201s, but keep the spun look. Its ridiculously beautiful.
    THUNDERBOLT likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I couldn't personally care less (within reason) what the back looks like; if it works. I saw Samsung Galaxy today and the plastic back didn't look bad at all. Just saying. Form over function? If there's a new back for TF201, I'm sure we'll start hearing about it here...
    Arun01 and POOPER like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Drcruiser View Post
    I have to say though, I am not at all impressed with the look of the new back on the TF700. I absolutely love the spun metal look and am a little disappointed in the matt finish on the 700s. I hope they do fix the back issue on new 201s, but keep the spun look. Its ridiculously beautiful.
    Agreed, the original look was striking. They may be making new backs for the 201s and using the originals for the TF700Ts. Taking them and cutting them down, once completed the finish may be marred and they are sand blasting them or something to get an even look. Don't know. I just doubt that after replacing all the all aluminium unibodies they are going to just scrap them. I believe they are reusing them in some capacity.
    Last edited by Androidfonefan; 02-14-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    Current: Amazon Kindle Fire, Vizio VTAB 1008, I Pad2.

Vizio.....It's a US brand, they make quality products at good prices. Keep the money in the US.

Love Emma Watson. http://www.transformerforums.com/for...ine=1327434465

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I totally agree that form should follow function... But holding a Galaxy Tab 10.1 is like holding a toy compared to a Prime (or iPad for that matter).

The key to happiness is having dreams. The key to success is to fulfill those dreams. Unknown

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    i really really hope we get informations on this soon. because i still am within my 14-days return-without-mentioning-reasons window :F

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    80 times
    I may know as soon as tomorrow, the 25th, I'm supposed to pick up one I ordered at Best Buy on 01/21. However, since this is my first TF201 can someone send up a picture of the present back that is being used? I have no idea what it looks like.
    Not Your Father's Stock TF700T - KatKiss Is ON!
    Thanks to timduru - droidbound - kevinthefixer!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flhthemi View Post
    I may know as soon as tomorrow, the 25th, I'm supposed to pick up one I ordered at Best Buy on 01/21. However, since this is my first TF201 can someone send up a picture of the present back that is being used? I have no idea what it looks like.
    Even if this is true, you probably wouldn't have gotten the new design yet. But for the current design, you could just look on the Asus website. But in any case, the present design is all aluminum. If it's changed, it will have at least some portion made of plastic.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links