Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Newer Primes, Different Screens? - Yellow cast

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I wasn't talking number of games available. I was taking about the very few games made for theqcore. IPad has its plusses to be sure and I have played nice looking games for sure. But the prime is better. Yes, there are tons more games n apps for the maxipad. But the edge goes to the prime. Now I remember why I stopped going on boards. Full of people who argue ever little thing. And then there are those who nit pick everything and return items time after time until they get the perfect gadget which doesn't exist.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by poe44 View Post
    I wasn't talking number of games available. I was taking about the very few games made for theqcore. IPad has its plusses to be sure and I have played nice looking games for sure. But the prime is better. Yes, there are tons more games n apps for the maxipad. But the edge goes to the prime. Now I remember why I stopped going on boards. Full of people who argue ever little thing. And then there are those who nit pick everything and return items time after time until they get the perfect gadget which doesn't exist.
    Now I remember why i don't go on forums as well because people like you that don't value their dollar and $500 is just a drop in the bucket. I work hard for my money and expect to get what i pay for and that's a defect free item.
    THUNDERBOLT and gunthergloop like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My two posts from XDA about the screens:

1. Also experiencing this. Got a 32GB gray Prime from Best Buy tonight (updated to ICS immediately).
    Colors are AWFUL, washed out, and not only do I have the yellow hue everywhere, but it is SO easily noticeable that the screen, in landscape view, goes from whiter to much much yellower the lower you look down. Literally the top half of the screen is white (not really considering the yellow hue) and the lower half is SO much more yellow. I'm not exaggerating a bit. How in God's name can a device come from a factory like this?? It's disgusting, it looks like the entire lower half is a piss stain.

It is downright terrible. Comparing this to my Gnex and Tab 10.1, it is absolutely pathetic. Also, all other colors are washed out, colorless, no pop in saturation at all.

Why do I have a feeling that if I return this for the ONE left at that Best Buy, that I will have no better luck??

2. Tell us we're crazy now. This is absolutely, 100% UNACCEPTABLE (Tab 10.1 on left, Prime on right):

Prime:
    Last edited by just4747; 01-31-2012 at 02:12 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    5 times
    So is this new screen common on new primes now? Would be interested if this is now the norm or just bad luck for a few new prime owners.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I heard from a guy whose prime also had that yellowy tint. He called Asus, and apparently it was an error so he got a new one.

As for the "ohmygod this guy has gotten four tablets no wonder we cant get any quit hogging it"-discussion, personally I'd rather have people getting faulty devices and returning them so the stores can report the problems back ASUS who hopefully use it to perfect their product, rather than having people settle with a product which is below the standard it is reasonable to expect.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    I posted a caution about the bashing on this thread once before. The OP has made his point very well. Locking this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links