Thread: Newer Primes, Different Screens? - Yellow cast

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I was going to take some pictures, but my experience is that it's hard to show screen color issues without a great deal of work with a good camera (which isn't available to me at the moment). Otherwise, you end up just seeing the color quality of the camera that's being used to take the pictures.

In any event, given the responses to my post in this forum, I'm not inclined to spend another second of my own time pointing out a potential issue here. Since I'm just being picky, nothing I say has any value.

Incidentally, why would a "more mainstream" tablet like the Galaxy Tab be a better solution for me? I love the Prime, I just don't like these newer screens (or, I really am just freakishly unlucky to have received two of them in a row). Plenty of "mainstream tablets" also have poor screens, which is of course one of the reasons I like the Prime.

But, yeah, whatever.
    You may try a side by side picture to avoid white balance correction of the camera to clean the yellow color.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    If you ALL don't calm down a little the thread will get locked. Stick to the issues not personal stuff.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    5 times
    Interested in this, sounds unlikely to me but if true might put me off getting one of these.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Eoin247 View Post
    Interested in this, sounds unlikely to me but if true might put me off getting one of these.
    I can't respond to the OP's issue specifically, but I have seen 3 Primes, (side-by-side) so far, one owned by a customer and have yet to see what the OP is seeing. The likelihood of you having those issues are probably pretty slim.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have not had the oppurtunity to see multiple Prime tabs side by side, even though I have tried. I have what, after a little research, seems to be extremely minimal light bleed. I attempted to look at some others to compare, but my local BB stores have not even put out display models because they sell out before they even fully check in each shipment. Anyway, on to your post.......
    Is it possible to receive that many faulty units? Absolutely. I ended up with a Prime because I had to return five different a500's and they no longer had any to exchange mine with. On my third exchange, I even went to different BB store in the hopes that the first store simply had a bad batch.
    Could Asus be using different screens in later builds? Very possibly. When Asus underestimated the demand for the Prime, and it caused HUGE back order issues, they ramped up production. Using multiple suppliers for the same part is extremely common under such circumstances. Many other circumstances cause it as well, but that is a whole other thread, lol. If you search over at XDA, or simply Google it, there were many threads about checking the installed screen on many different mobile phones. I remember doing it on my MyTouch 4G and my HTC Sensation. It was very simple, and I don't see why it wouldn't work on any Android device ( root was not needed ). I don't believe that it will tell you the manufacturer, but it will tell you if there are multiple brands of screens in use on your different Prime tablets.
    I hope this helps a little. Good luck.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I purchased a Prime that was a BC, which was manufactured in December. Because of some WiFi problems, I have a second Prime (C1, manufactured in January), and have looked that them both separately, and together. Both displays look the same, (white, not yellow) with the exception, that the C1 has a tiny bit of light bleed.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    I have owned several different tablets in the last 18 months. They all had some level of light bleed. The worst was my last iPad2. The best is my Prime. In between I had an Acer A500, A100, TF101, Playbook, HP Touchpad, and iPad1. I sold all my tablets except the Playbook (Used for work) and the HP for the Prime and I'm happy with my decision. I think if you are looking for a tablet with no light bleed you are going to be out of luck until the display technology changes. I have 2 Primes in my home. Neither exhibit any yellow screen issues.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi,
    Im New this forum I just thought I would let people know my situation with the transformer prime. I purchased my first 2 weeks ago from best buy. The first one had severe light bleed and several stuck pixels. I was not able to exchange that one so I returned it. A few days later they came back in stock so I purchased another. The second one had no light b:leed at all and only one stuck pixel. This was acceptable for me since you could only see it on black. But a couple days later I see a bright spot which was new to me. It only showed up on white backgrounds and was the size of about 6 pixels. That was unacceptable so I exchanged it. My third prime which I have now has no light bleed at no dead or stuck pixels but at the bottom and right side of the display is slightly yellowish looking compared to the rest. It almost looks like the glue issue with ipads and iPhones except I'm not sure if it will go away. I will say after 3 the screen without any issues is yellowish compared to any other display due to a warm temperature setting. All 3 were yellowish its known that they went with a very warm temp. But my third is more yellow on half of the display. So 3 primes 3 very different display issues is making me feel like this device is not worth $500 and I agree with the op that when spending this kind of money these issues are unacceptable and need to be addressed so maybe for people like me and him going through 3 or 4 returns is a good thing and Asus will see the junk they are putting out.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've got the tint too. My girls iPad looks much whiter with colors that pop by comparison. Since I am going to be staring at the thing for hours the screen does need to look better.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've got the tint too. My girls iPad looks much whiter with colors that pop by comparison. Since I am going to be staring at the thing for hours the screen does need to look better.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links