View Poll Results: I came to this forum because:

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was interested in getting a Prime, subsequently got a Prime and am 100% satisfied

23 35.94%
  • I was interested in getting a Prime, subsequently got a Prime and am dissatisfied in some way

18 28.13%
  • I have just got a new Prime and I am satisfied with it

12 18.75%
  • I have just got a new Prime and I am dissatisfied with it

11 17.19%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: An objective look at Asus Quality Control

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

An objective look at Asus Quality Control

People are often posting here that "people with problems are more likely to post on these forums" so I find it quite telling the number of people on this forum who were posting here before they got their Primes and have found their devices are problematic.

However, without numbers all is subjective. Experiences please!

p.s. as someone yet to get one, I cannot vote, but your votes coupled with your comments will certainly help me make a decision...

Edit:
    Right, apparently I wasn't clear above! If you were already on the forum before you got your prime, please answer Qs 1 and 2, if you have come to the forum since getting your Prime, Qs 3 and 4 are for you!

x
    Last edited by rexluna; 01-17-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I am a little puzzled about the difference between 2 and 4, in any case I have voted 2 because I had a long wait before getting mine and then a huge anti-climax when it turned out to have multiple issues.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Please forgive me for sounding negative. The concept of your poll seems great. The execution of the questions are leading though. In essence to the average reader the 4 questions are divided by 2 and 2 similar questions and they don't provide your reader with enough objective options. Is there a way to rephrase?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Hmm, not sure. Open to suggestions and I will try to. What I am trying to glean is whether people came to the forum because they had problems, or whether they were already posting here. If people were already posting here, then potentially we have a more representative sample of Prime owners, and also, with sufficient data, we will be able to see the percentage of people who only came here after finding a problem vs people who would have come here anyway.

As I said, open to suggestions about reframing it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got fed up of all the idiots on XDA claiming to have identified problems that they clearly had a very marginal understanding of, and the excessive campaigning without any moderator intervention. Seems like it's a bit more grown up here...

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rexluna View Post
    Hmm, not sure. Open to suggestions and I will try to. What I am trying to glean is whether people came to the forum because they had problems, or whether they were already posting here. If people were already posting here, then potentially we have a more representative sample of Prime owners, and also, with sufficient data, we will be able to see the percentage of people who only came here after finding a problem vs people who would have come here anyway.

As I said, open to suggestions about reframing it.
    I understand what you are trying to accomplish. Forum experience tells me that the majority of those with little to no problems rarely post. Therefore your results may not be accurate.
    leeshor and GGS like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My response was not completely honest, but you did not give me an option.

I was concerned because I could not connect to my hidden wifi and obtain an ip address so that is why I came to the forums. However, before I got a chacne to respond to the poll my IT manager informed me that our hidden wifi network was stuck on the router side. It had nothing to do with the TFP. LOL Once he reset the Wifi router my TFP connected and obtained an IP just fine. So by the time I responded to the poll I was completely satisfied with the tablet so I chose option 3. LOL

Nate

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    There isn't really an answer for me based on the original premise.

I came to the forum to learn about my TF101, I was very happy with it. I now have a Prime and I'm very happy with it. The Prime was not the reason I came to the forum. Whatever result you get from the poll won't really prove or disprove anything one way or the other. As Jeffrey said, the majority of the people on the forum are here because of a problem -- as all the TF owners I know haven't participated and don't have problems.

Want to see problems, go back to the original posts for the TF101, one issue, problem, glitch, after another, but they were all resolved.

Lah
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got my Asus trans.. Prime last Friday...not even 7 full days...only used it less then 13hrs.. In this time period...after awaiting its arrival since xmas, after declining to purchase the IPad 2....(which im typing this post on by the way).....my...device..does..not.power..on!!
    Now, I have to go through all these loopholes to get my brand new device fixed..in the period that it allowed usage, I found the on screen typing to be a huge tad off..a..portion of my left corner screen would appear, disoriented...when looking through..certain apps...hmmm....other then that I found a lot of things I liked about it..hope it was a minor problem that can be fixed. I will repost..my true rating once this is resolved
    Last edited by 14theroad; 01-21-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I came here after getting my Prime

The only problem i have had so far was this: Connecting to a Bluetooth Keyboard/mouse
    And that is not necessarily a problem with the Prime, it could just be my BT keyboard/mouse

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links