Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    18 times

Browser slow, then fast, then slow

Anyone have this Problem, Asus never heard about any other problem, but they are checking on ICS 4.0, had not been out long enough together all information and complaints.
    My Prime is a little over a week old. was fast before 4.0.3, now lightening fast after 4.0 and stable, I but in the update on the camera, camera OK, and everything else had been OK, until a few days after.
    Last night the Browser started to get turtle slow, 5-7 min.s loads browser, some time hardly at all. Checked all my web sites, NO GO!, I put in Dolphin Browser, NO GO!
    I had 3 bars signal on the Prime, tried my laptop, lightening fast.
    I rebooted my, Modem, router, NO GO!. my Channel was on 11, changed it to 6, NO GO!
    Cleared out cookies, history, Cache, NO GO! Then about 20 min.s latter everything was back to normal, lightening fast.
    Then woke up, that's were I went wrong, should of stayed in bed, any way, the same thing started, turtle slow, YouTube streaming would load up, then not, off and on.
    I did the same clearing steps cookies, so on, NO GO! Then about 10 min.s latter tried it, now lightening FAST!
    I called ASUS, just like I stated above.
    So it may be ICS, or the Camera updated? I hope it is not my PRIME? Love it.
    Hope all of you are having a great day? I'm now. Thank you for this great forum.
    rcca

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Have you tried the reset button that is next to the SD card? Its a small pin hole and you will need a paperclip or something similar to push the button down in the small hole.
    Transformer Prime 32Gb Champagne Gold with 4 cores of raw processing power!!!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaking88 View Post
    Have you tried the reset button that is next to the SD card? Its a small pin hole and you will need a paperclip or something similar to push the button down in the small hole.
    The one next to the MicroSD you mean?
    No I did not, just when I try everything else, then going to do the reset, then everything was and have been OK now.
    Should be a Factory reset holding volume up, button? Thanks
    rcca

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaking88 View Post
    WOW! what's the chance of my Cat5 wire going BAD. 2 of them. one that was to the Modem/router when out , it was only about a year old. I had one in my supply drawer it was a few years old. That one went out too.
    I went and got 2 new ones, one for spare. No back and running so far. The modem is about 2 years old, the Router about a year. I told the wife if we loose the Internet again, then means the Router is going out.
    Modem OK, went directly from PC to Modem that's should that wire and Modem OK. I tied now testing and so on. When I started having Cat5 going out, that's when the Prime Browser was slow, and fast, then slow, then lost connection totally. Now with it all a go the Prime Browser is super fast so far.
    rcca

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rcca View Post
    WOW! what's the chance of my Cat5 wire going BAD. 2 of them. one that was to the Modem/router when out , it was only about a year old. I had one in my supply drawer it was a few years old. That one went out too.
    I went and got 2 new ones, one for spare. No back and running so far. The modem is about 2 years old, the Router about a year. I told the wife if we loose the Internet again, then means the Router is going out.
    Modem OK, went directly from PC to Modem that's should that wire and Modem OK. I tied now testing and so on. When I started having Cat5 going out, that's when the Prime Browser was slow, and fast, then slow, then lost connection totally. Now with it all a go the Prime Browser is super fast so far.
    rcca
    Found another problem , fixed. I found out that i have to disconnect from router back room, and connected on the extender, browser lightening fast, my problem solved. loving WiFi now.
    Also went to my niece's house, she has the TF Tegra 2 tablet, we were about 40' or more from her dad's router, she had 1 bar I did too, but could both stream on Youtube . i thought the WiFi was better on the TF? , and both of our browsers were fast. used to have 2 bars with extender, now that I found my problem, and went to channel 6 have 3 bars.
    rcca

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Can you guys run the test on speedtest.net and tell me what speed you guys are getting. For some interesting reason, in the same room, with the same router, my laptop is getting 10 MPS, playbook @ 5-6 MPS, galaxy phone @ 4-5 MPS but my TF Prime is getting less than 2 MPS. @ work it is getting 8 MPS and a coffee shop nearby gettgin 6-7 MPS.

Any suggewstions to fix the slow internet speed?

OJL
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

performance mode?

I've been fiddling with that too...... not sure but after the update last month
    (ICS 4.03, kernel 2.6.39.4, ?)
    web pages have seemed a bit slow, sometimes get a clean playback on youtube, sometimes no good.

Today was running broadbandsppedchacker.co.uk and okkla speedtest and getting 600k-1Mbps
    On my iphne I was getting about 3Mbps

Changing the transformers preformance setting for my usual balanced mode to performance mode the download speed test goes up to about 2M, but the rate is still rising by the end of the test each time. after a while it seems to settle back towards 3.5M.
    Then switching to balanced mode, it seems to go down, but not instantly.

However, when I first got the device, the speedtest logs show I was getting 3.5-4Mb, which was what I expected.

So it seems to have got worse since the update, but switching on performance mode seems to help a little.

I wonder if it is something to do with the way the router works out the data rate/error correction with the other device?
    :-/

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 2.X
    Liked
    0 times
    Nice this is really helpful for me
    Last edited by partha; 08-09-2012 at 01:19 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links