Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Official RMA Thread for those who have Recieved their Repaired/ Replaced TF-201

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I think it all a matter of who gets the tablet and what mood they are in at the time!

If you have to pay for it or not !

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Customer induced damage!!!

Hi I purchased my Asus Transformer Prime in the UK on 18th Feb and within a month the enter key on the TF201 Keyboard had managed to dislodge itself and sat up raised ( Looked like a spring / plastic holder had broken.)

Contacted Asus customer service and got a RMA number and UPS picked the keyboard up on the 26th March ready to t be shipped to Czech Republic which arrived on the 28th March , then nothing. sent couple emails and yesterday received email yesterday 10th April 2012 with an invoice saying

Unfortunately, damage has been found which is not covered by Asus warranty.
    Therefore, attached you will find the CID (Customer induced damage) charge list".
    Charge for replacement and handling a whopping 159.42 EU or 131.00 or $196 dollars
    I was on phone after having no response to my emails sent via their customer service site and after a charged phone call had interesting conversation but in the end still blamed the customer for damage.

If I wanted it returned repaired I would have to pay the full price or pay the 70 EU for shipping and Handling to get it back unfixed!!
    To buy a new one off the web from Taiwan is approx $147 shipping free. ( Very limited stock in the UK)

Anyone else had an experience of this type of damage / breaking of the keyboard? customer service lack updates as this could help my case

So not a good experiance so far. Awaiting a response to my complaint as disagreed with diagnosis of Customer Damage.

Will post outcome

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got my RMA on the 2nd of March. My Prime died after 24 hours of receiving it (ICS update related). It was signed for by Asus on the 5th, but they sat on it till the 8th of March. It's now the 11th of April. Every time I've called no one has been able to say anything but it was being repaired. No eta, no idea what's wrong. It was supposed to be escalated, and wasn't. It's subsequently been escalated twice, but from what I can tell all that means is they call you two days later and quickly repeat back to you what you said like a parrot. I finally told them to ship it back to me broken because I was taking it back to the retailer for a refund. The tablet still shows as in repair even after they called back and acknowledged I wanted it shipped back.

It's clear Asus doesn't care one ounce about it's customers, thankfully the retailer does. The amount of time they spend supposedly repairing, they could have purchased a new unit from themselves at full cost. This cost them a customer permanently.
    Last edited by Locrum; 04-11-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Asus received my Prime February 14, I got it back 4/5. They told me they fixed the wifi. Well THEY DID NOT! Same terrible reception. Tonight I cannot get any wifi reception at all. It was working this morning and now it's not. I have had it with all the hassle of this tablet. This was supposed to be a great tablet. I will NEVER believe pre-release hype again.I have given up.Now I will have to battle with ASUS for a refund (I have the key board too) I bought it through Best Buy at the end of January and two weeks later sent it for repair. I didn't get it back for a month and a half. I've only had it in my possession for about three weeks! This really,really sucks!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Purchased picked up my TF201 C10 on 4/16. It bricked 3 weeks later.

Using all techie suggestions on this Forum it would not turn on. Plug worked on dock, but no activity at all on screen.....black! When I returned from vacation I called customer support. He had me try again all the boot alternatives. So RMA to Texas and delivered to them on March 26. Email from eservice on March 30 that the product shipped out. Arrived by Fedex, signature required on April 4. I call that great service.

The email from Service Note that came with my returned Prime indicates a new part no. 90R-OK0AMBA0000Y and is described as TF201 Main_Bd_G/T30/. I have no idea what part was replaced.

The returned Prime has my original case. However, when I plugged it in, it immediately updated. The operating systems were all factory defaults. Since I had not installed many new apps etc. I did not mind updating and reinstalling those I want.

So.................I have had no problems with my Prime since its return. And I consider the service I got as excellent.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I am in the UK and sent my Prime off for repair after the camera stopped working. Suspected poor connection/cabling, poorly made unit, as if you applied pressure to the rear camera it would work again. Also had problems with the WIFI, having to turn it on and off to connect etc. Anyway sent it off 26th March and sat with them for a while untill they have done something and now my status is 'Ready to Ship' and has been since Wednesday 11th March; 6 days later? What does this mean? Has it been shipped? I just want it back! If it's ready to ship pleasing just SHIP IT BACK TO ME!? Thanks to anyone who can shine any light on this problem?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by harryf1994 View Post
    I am in the UK and sent my Prime off for repair after the camera stopped working. Suspected poor connection/cabling, poorly made unit, as if you applied pressure to the rear camera it would work again. Also had problems with the WIFI, having to turn it on and off to connect etc. Anyway sent it off 26th March and sat with them for a while untill they have done something and now my status is 'Ready to Ship' and has been since Wednesday 11th March; 6 days later? What does this mean? Has it been shipped? I just want it back! If it's ready to ship pleasing just SHIP IT BACK TO ME!? Thanks to anyone who can shine any light on this problem?
    Ok now been told that they shipped it to me on th 13/04/2012. But only level 2 management have access to tell me where it is, or if it is lost in transit etc... is this true? Iwould of thought you usually provide the customer with a tracking number?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    17 times
    Hey guys quick question for anyone thats had RMA repairs. My transformer is currently at Asus for screen repair. They gave me until 6-18 to send the payment. But Im not going to have the money for a couple days after that. Has anyone been able to get an extension on the payment time frame? Thanks
    1st Corinthians 10:13

My Phone: Samsung GALAXY S3 (Metro): Stock ICS, TWRP 2.3

My Tablet: White ASUS Transformer TF300T 32gb: Stock ICS 4.0.3, Minisuit Case

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Got my Prime back - sent for crap wifi, green camera, mura and battery problem. They replaced the Mainboard, Screen, Camera. Came back with crap wifi, but everything else is working. They didn't even touch the wifi... And now when you press on the bezel at the top left, you get a creaking sound of a spring or latch not properly seated.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm afraid I might be stuck with a $500 tablet with a weak wifi. I emailed customer support and was told to "stay near the router". I then emailed them back and asked them to escalate my issue and that their answer was totally unprofessional. From then on AAron, was the one taking care of me. He gave me an rma number and I sent the tablet in. I received the tablet and it said that nothing was wrong with it. I couldn't believe it. I barely have a wifi 10 feet from the router and I can't stream. So they reloaded the operating system and sent it back. I emailed AAraon again and asked him what the last step was before going to the BBB and I sent pictures of both my tablet and my husband tablet in the exact same spot showing the wifi signals of both. He sent me this email

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your response and the repair facility did not find any problem with the tablet. Firmware has been updated during the repair process and you may visit the website and contact the dedicated support line for any connection (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS) issues because of the class action law suit which was settled in court. [http://www.asus.com/us/News/wNIugNubiupa1tUy]. Furthermore, our team will be handling the BBB complaint cases as well. I do apologize for your inconvenience and let me know if you have other questions.

Thank you,

Aaron L
    ASUS Product Support Team
    888-678-3688

I did submit a complaint to the BBB and I'm waiting on the result. I did do as suggested on another thread, loading fox-fi on my phone and pda net on my tablet and that works great but who wants to carry their phone around the house every time they want to use their tablet. I'm not sure what the outcome will be with the BBB. I hope it's satisfactory, I wouldn't mind staying with asus if I can find a tablet that has a good wifi signal. Moral of the story for me is this. wait 6 months before buying a new product. I did the research for days and liked the tf201 however if I would have waited a few months I would have steered away from it when the weak wifi issues would have come to light

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 LastLast

Ads