Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bblindstrom

Thread: BestBuy's return policy on return of items shipped

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

BestBuy's return policy on return of items shipped

I know that I have 14 days to return my tf201 tablet from BB and receive a credit. I ordered via BB's website, both the tablet and keypad on Jan 6th. I have yet to receive my order, but have a tracking number which indicates delivery by Jan 17th. I am undecided if I will keep the tablet or return it, but I need to know if the return window is Jan 20th or the Jan 31th? I called Bestbuy's 1800 number and after speaking to three people...I got a Manager who stated that she THOUGHT that the return window would be until the Jan 31th since the receive date is the 17th of Jan.

I figure that I should know if I am going to keep the Transformer Prime within a week of receipt, but don't want any surprises on being able to return it to one of their stores here in NY. I'm afraid that they will say that it has to be shipped back to Bestbuy or that I past the date of return for refund. Anyone gone through this process?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I ordered from bestbuy.com Dec 5th. Shipped on Dec 23rd. Received Dec 27th. I returned my Prime in store yesterday 1/14 (for replacement due to stuck pixels) without any push back regarding the order dates. Perhaps my order processed within the "Holiday Extended Return" period and that is why, but that was my experience. YMMV.

I should also mention that they will have my replacement unit in store for pickup on 1/19. I was pretty surprised when he said they could have one within 5 days.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    22 times
    The 14 days is from date of receipt. You can either ship it back with tracking that shows you shipped in the 14 day window or take it to a retail store.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Really? 14 days? Maybe because I'm a Reward Zone Premier member but I get 45 days to return mine.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    14 days for purchases not made using the Reward Zone Premier Silver membership.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Yep, if 14 days for NON Reward Zone Silver, 45 Days if you ARE Reward Zone Silver. I printed out my UPS Delivery Ticket and took it in to show them when I received it. It should be 14 days from when you received it, not when you ordered it.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdamention View Post
    Yep, if 14 days for NON Reward Zone Silver, 45 Days if you ARE Reward Zone Silver. I printed out my UPS Delivery Ticket and took it in to show them when I received it. It should be 14 days from when you received it, not when you ordered it.
    Yea, especially when it took nearly 12 days to get mine with the holidays and ground shipping across the country.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    I believe anyone buying over Christmas has up until 1/24/12 for return.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I returned mine yesterday. The 14 days begin on the DATE OF PURCHASE! So if you ordered on Dec. 5 and received it on Dec. 27, you're already one week out of the return period, if Best Buy follows their rules to the letter (not accounting for their extended holiday return policy). In my case, I was within the 14 day period if you counted from the delivery date and two days outside it if you counted from the order date. As a result, the Best Buy system reported that I was outside the return period and would not allow the return. Fortunately, a store manager can override this. I brought my UPS receipt showing delivery on Jan. 3 and the manager accepted the return, no problem. (In fact, he was kind of excited because he hadn't even seen a Prime and intended to play with it during his dinner break.) Store employees understand that this policy is a little screwy, so if you're returning within the delivery date period, they'll probably take care of you.
    Godswrath likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links