Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: From Ipad to Prime - Not!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times

From Ipad to Prime - Not!

I have been watching this baby since the tegra 3 was announced last summer and the tablet a month later. I had high hopes, and when Nov 22nd came I put 897 dollars down (incl tax) to be the first with this awesome new technology. Then I waited and waited and waited...

I heard stories about a company that did not care to address the concerns of their customer fan base. About a company that would fix the problem, but only in a new model and forget about the early adopters.

I really wanted to make the switch to Android, but I think I am going back to Apple. For all of the shortfalls of the big brother, you can not beat their product or service. I dropped my last ipad 2 after 2 months of owning it and the screen cracked in the upper corner. I took it in to see what it would cost to repair it, and they handed me a brand new one. My iphone 3gs case showed a micro crack in the back corner near the mute switch after 2 years of abuse and no case. The apple guy laughed at me when I brought it in and asked how many times I had dropped this thing. I sheepishly told him maybe a few times... He gave me a newly refurbished one. Yes Apple lies to their fanboys sometimes... like every other tech company depserately trying to beat their competitors to market, but when they have you as a customer they sure treat you with more respect than ASUS has shown to me.

Today I cancelled my order, with a bit of sadness and a lot of relief. I am not a troll on this forum or an android hater. On the contrary I really want to make the switch at some point because of the openess of the whole android eco-system. But I will wait now and see what is in store with the Ipad3 and their quadcore design, and lenova and acer.

I will prob still lurk here on this forum, because I really want ASUS to do the right thing and give everyone who got the prime a new back to their tablet, and restore consumer faith.

Good luck to all still waiting for their Prime, and good luck to those with them. And for the lucky ones with perfect units, I hope you get at least a couple of trouble free years from them.

Cheers

Westcoast
    drigo and POOPER like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Westcoast I agree with you 100% but I guess I am going to ride this circus ride for another couple of weeks to see IF Asus has either a fix, a plan, or a statement of some kind to show us that we matter to them. Business is business and I understand that but there are ways to communicate to your customers and while I agree that telling your customers that they are holding the phone wrong is just asinine, it is much better than utter silence! Besides, I did score a great case for my phone and that did help with the calls!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Don't hate Android because you hate Asus. I find Android to be so much better than ios anyday. I've been playing around with Android for just a few weeks now and have been able to do everything I want and more. And I didn't have to hook it up to a program to get it started either. I found out how to stream 1080P high bitrate MKV files flawless using Android in about 10 minutes, while trying to do that with my ipad was either impossible or would cost to much to do it! Really, night and day different the OS is.

First Tablet : Asus Transformer Prime 32GB Grey

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This is my first Android device and my first tablet. I do have the iPhone 4 and I have to say ICS is way better looking than iOS. Widgets make all the difference for me and the fact that I can actually customize things is pretty cool. I really like the way this tablet operates outside of the wifi and gps issues. Everything else works incredibly well and it feels far more advanced than an iPad/iPhone.

GGS
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times

I think you're in the wrong forum?

This is for and about the Asus transformer, not Apple.

Best of luck!
    Asus Transformer TF101B1 (32 GB) & Docking Station (since July 2011 - and still learning)
    HTC EVO 4G (Sprint; since June 2010); unlimited data; still nothing better on the market
    HP Desktops (2), very plain and fairly old, running WinXP :>}

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Thanks guys for the comments. In the end if ASUS does right by you all, I may buy one. I travel a lot -pilot-and hotels have notoriously bad wifi, so it's important to get decent reception, and I back country hike so having a semi reliable gps without taking another handheld along would be awesome. As a hobbiest photographer the T700 screen appeals to me as well, so maybe in the end I am better off waiting. I have an asus notebook, which has been amazing, so I know the company can produce a good product when push comes to shove. We just all need to push a little harder. Sign the petition everyone if you haven't yet.

Kaj
    Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    Westcoast I agree with you 100% but I guess I am going to ride this circus ride for another couple of weeks to see IF Asus has either a fix, a plan, or a statement of some kind to show us that we matter to them. Business is business and I understand that but there are ways to communicate to your customers and while I agree that telling your customers that they are holding the phone wrong is just asinine, it is much better than utter silence! Besides, I did score a great case for my phone and that did help with the calls!
    That's what I'm doing as well, have a couple of weeks before my return window ends. Waiting to see what Asus will do anything to make things "right".

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Westcoast View Post
    And for the lucky ones with perfect units, I hope you get at least a couple of trouble free years from them.

Cheers

Westcoast
    thanks

best of luck to you too, cheers

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
    Proud Owner of a Gamestop Transformer Prime 32GB Owner w/ Video Game Controller & Dock (awaiting Jellybean & Asus Transformer 301)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus Owner

"The internet isn't real, so why judge a book by it's title?"

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    best buys return window is 30 days...right? I was planning on seeing if Asus would step up and do anything before possibly returning.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OPrime15 View Post
    best buys return window is 30 days...right? I was planning on seeing if Asus would step up and do anything before possibly returning.
    Actually, it's 14 days for electronic devices.

My experience with user experience when switching to a new user UI is this.

First of all, do we all agree that windows 7 is way way way better than xp? XP is great, but windows 7 is greater. My g/f's mom recently got a new machine. It's got windows 7 on there. After using it for a couple weeks, she told her daughter to tell me to put xp on there because she hated it. According to her, it's too different.

What individuals say about a particular UI when switching from one to the other means nothing, IMHO. If they like it, fine. If they don't like it, fine. Most people are not very adaptive to something new. And frankly, they have every right to be. Like the old saying goes, if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

That said, if one isn't willing to spend a little time adapting to the new UI, it is best that one sticks with the old UI. It really doesn't do anyone good at all to spend the time and have the headache of doing it again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links