Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: From Ipad to Prime - Not!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    To each his own, I guess.

I own both and ipad2 and a Prime, and I've been thoroughly impressed with the Prime. I've had a couple of little issues with the Prime, but, contrary to popular belief, the ipad is far from a flawless device.

My wifi is no stronger on the ipad than the prime. I get the same networks showing up as available on each device, and my speed tests are the same as well. I'd love to show some actual signal strength numbers for both, but there is no wifi analyzer in the apple app store. There is a $100 "Wifi Survey" app. And there's no 15 minute refund window.

The prime is what, the 2nd device to get ICS? The first tablet. There are going to be some growing pains and glitches to work out (ex: ESPN needs to get ICS support for ESPN3), but even as it sits today, I give the nod to ICS and the prime over iOS5 and the ipad. And it's only going to get better.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    The prime is the first one to officially get ICS with google's approval. There have been other tablets who got ICS, but they're cheap chinese made tablets.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    That said, if one isn't willing to spend a little time adapting to the new UI, it is best that one sticks with the old UI. It really doesn't do anyone good at all to spend the time and have the headache of doing it again.
    I have no problem switching to a New UI, perhaps you misunderstood my original post, but it had nothing to do with the UI. The UI is why I wanted to change. I really want to have some fun with Android, but I dont want to do it on a unit that has me worrying more about making the machine work and less about understanding the operating system. Give me a tablet that works flawlessly- or close to it, backed up by a company that will support what they make and I am in.
    Perhaps ASUS will learn from their mistakes and the T700 will be the winner. Here's hoping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links