Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Asus customer service

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Asus customer service

I may have this thread locked or deleted that's fine, but I feel like I need to share how I have been jerked around by this company. My frustration is leading to anger and I don't like that feeling. That's not who I am, or what I am about but it is appearent that Asus just doesn't care about customer service.

Ordered my Asus Transformer Prime through best buy. I recieved it on 12/27/11. As I plugged it in to do the recommended charge I notced the screen did not turn on. I went ahead and charged the unit up. The screen would not turn on. I did soft and hard reboots and factory resets multiple times. I contacted Asus and recieved my RMA number and two day shipped it. They recieved it on the 12/29/11. On 1/4/12 I recieved an email saying they could not reproduce the problem and ask I verify with them. I returned the email on 1/5/12 and again on 1/7/12. I called them back on 1/9/12. They said they were still waiting for an email from me. (Although in the email I recieved from them it clearly stated that if they did not hear from me by 1/6/12 my tablet would be shipped back to me.)
    See the email sent to me from tech support (names and RMA removed for obvious reasons.)

Dear Valued Customer,
    Per our repair facility, they were unable to duplicate the problem with your ASUS TF201 and test results are NTF (No Trouble Found, all tests passed) for RMA # USGXXXXXXX.
    Please provide more information so we can try to duplicate the issue. Need specifics as to when & how problem occurs and any components being used that could possibly be causing the problem.
    The unit will be returned after 01/06/12, 11AM, PST if there is no response from you. Please contact us if there are any questions or concerns.
    Thank you for choosing ASUS products.
    Best Regards,

My case was suppose to be escalated and I was suppose to hear back within 24/48 hrs. 96 hrs later I call them again asking for a supervisor and why I have not heard from them. The person on the phone said they did not see where it was escalated to supervisor status. After a rather HEATED exchanged I was told I would hear back from a supervisor again within 24/48 hrs. This conversation occured on 1/12/12

For those whoes tablet is working for them I am sincerly glad. I just dont know what to do because at this pace it will be beyond my 30 days at Best Buy to return it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Wow dude, that really doesn't sound that bad. Exaggerate much?

You obviously haven't experienced bad service.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    What was the original problem that you had, for which you RMA'd? To be clear, you're saying that you could not turn the screen on, and Asus is saying they can turn the screen on?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I feel your pain. You buy a $500 device that doesn't work and can't get proper assistance from the manufacturer. That's a bummer. Asus is really showing their color with these past 2 failed updates and their AGAIN total silence!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    The orignal problem is that the screen would not turns on. I would get the hepatic feedback as i shoild have whwn holding down the power button butthe screen would not power on.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    I don't know why you call these last two updates "failed"; they seem to have worked flawlessly for the vast majority of people. For reasons that may be difficult to determine, any update from any manufacturer might affect some devices negatively, even to the point of "bricking" them, but that is no reason to trash the entire procedure.
    ghettoyungin718 and jrpbulk like this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    I don't get why you would go to ASUS in the first place? Why not just return it to Best Buy? Even if I had to wait to find one I would rather have waited for a new one rather then deal with sending it back to ASUS and hoping they fixed it properly. I hope they get you sorted out but man, no way I would have gone that route.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
    I don't get why you would go to ASUS in the first place? Why not just return it to Best Buy? Even if I had to wait to find one I would rather have waited for a new one rather then deal with sending it back to ASUS and hoping they fixed it properly. I hope they get you sorted out but man, no way I would have gone that route.
    i agree.. i think if im not mistaken for exchanges you can return your prime via mail or in store but for full refunds you'd have to go in-store

i shop at bb so many times and never had problems with exchanging or returning things, most of the time for my exchanges they ask what's wrong and i'm told to go pick up another one in whatever isle lol

ive read reports also that some bb are getting primes in stores; i havent confirmed that yet personally

i wish u the best of luck with whatever happens, id hate for it to be me
    Proud Owner of a Gamestop Transformer Prime 32GB Owner w/ Video Game Controller & Dock (awaiting Jellybean & Asus Transformer 301)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus Owner

"The internet isn't real, so why judge a book by it's title?"

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Well at the time bb didnt have one avalible. They werent surent sure when they would get their next shipment. Bad decision on my part in retrospect bit the lack of communication and customer service by Asus is beyond meo

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Yea, hindsight it always 20/20 unfortunately. Spilt milk at this point. This is one of the main reasons I buy from Best Buy for this kind of stuff. Walk in and return it. Understand they are not the easiest to find but most folks who are willing to go with grey 32 can usually find one. Hope they get it sorted quickly for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links