View Poll Results: What Pertains to you?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have Returned my TF201 and received an RMA Number

13 10.40%
  • I have Received my TF201 and it has been Resolved and Repaired

1 0.80%
  • I have Received a Replacement because of a Faulty TF201

0 0%
  • I'm Having Wifi & GPS Issues

70 56.00%
  • I'm Not Having Wifi & GPS Issues

46 36.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How Asus will Resolve the TF201 WiFi and GPS Issues

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times

Lightbulb How Asus will Resolve the TF201 WiFi and GPS Issues

Im starting this Thread to accumulate as much information as we can on different answers we get from Asus.

After getting off a Long and dull phone conversation with a Tech Support Supervisor, Explaining how my background in Computer Hadware and Software Engineering; Along with my Physics Classes in college, don't lead me to believe that sending the Transformer Prime in to be fixed without removing and retrofitting the backplate will fix anything at all...

The Supervisor explained to me that they have no idea what the Repair Facility does to fix the unit (this is insane, I did call "tech" support), and that they have no idea if there have been TF201 Units Repaired and Resolved (also insane, since they have this information at hand); I finally got the Supervisor to send an inquiry to the Repair Facility as to what they will actually do to the Unit to get this issue Resolved.

(I'll most likely get an email saying at this time they don't have a resolution, and they will replace the unit if it is faulty.)

I was told that I will be informed in 24-48 hours as to what will occur.

As for the rest of you, please post what you hear and are told by Asus' Support.

This will give us an idea as to whether we should return our primes, or send them in.

If they wont actually fix the unit, we might as well return our primes since we will always have bad wifi reception and little to no GPS reception.

Lets see what we can find out.

Cheers,

Sam
    Last edited by samjage; 01-12-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    bopfan, PastorDroid and sunita34 like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks; I just made a similar call and was told the unit was supposed (GPS) even outside of my network, and it will have to be sent back to make it so. I too question if sending it back will resolve the issue because GPS is really the only issue I am having. My wifi soars and no, I am not near my router, but 3 floors down from it. The connection is as good as any other wifi device in my home.

I did get an RMA# but I think I will call again see what a different rep tells me. I just might bite the bullet and send it in, considering the fact that they say that it can be repaired.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If hey have plan to replace the back cover for all the prime I think they will at least make an anunocencment and delay all the shipment. But nothing has been said so I think the best they can do is replace your unit. My own opionion.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Do you think they have made changes to fix the GPS on any new units they replace your with

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    5 times
    Handyman's solution:

Just cut a hole in the back with a can opener where the antennas are, then cover with duct tape.
    LoweDown and samjage like this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    I for one would love to get a dremel and cut an inch and a half from the aluminum, and fabricate my own plastic piece.

But when I pay $599 for an Electronic device it better do what its supposed to do.

And I would only do the mod if I received a refund and didn't have to send it back (Never going to happen).

Anyway, I really hope they get a real fix for this because I'm so done with this Asus ring around the rosie.

My biggest gripe is the fact that Tech support doesn't really know anything about the device at all, let alone what the customer actually wants to know.

How can you not know how the product you are backing will be fixed, thats absurd.
    bopfan likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    my package arrived at the Canadian depot today. Dead Pixel, Wifi issue and light bleeding on the left side.
    I asked to get a new unit with Tigerdirect.ca but was told that this was all fixable. Can't wait to see what they do. Prolly just replace the machine and make sure it works before sending to me. I am prolly one of the first Primes sent to this center so they might not even know what to do with it.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    This is the reply from ASUS Customer Server after I have emailed them 4 times "...... ...... ...... ........ ........ ......."(not sure how to type out the sound a cricket makes)which help out a lot....

Sorry I guess I did get a auto reply, that was more like "Blah blah blah, we will reply in 48 hours, and here are some letters and numbers you will need later"..... lol
    Sent from my ASUS TF700
    Cheers
    SHAZAM

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    58 times
    At this point I am not real keen on shipping (at my cost!) my four day old Prime back to Asus. Particularly since its not real clear what they are going to do to rectify the sub-par wifi. And, yes I understand that most likely I am in the minority and that most people are having wonderful experiences with their Primes. Happy for you. Mine sucks. Most likely I will return it to Amazon for a full refund. Too much money to settle for something I am not happy with. Great tablet but my TF101 had MUCH better wifi reception. OK now I am just rehashing the same old same old. Even I am tired of hearing it. Time to shut up and just ship it back to Amazon.

32GB Asus Infinity w. Amethyst keyboard
    32GB Asus Champagne Prime - gone
    64GB Asus Champagne Prime - gone
    32GB Asus Transformer B60 - gone

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I am unfortunatley outside my return window so I am shipping to ASUS to see if they can do something about the WIFI and GPS. (Not likely but...) If they screw me over again I am done with ASUS.
    PastorDroid likes this.
    Transformer Prime TF201-B1-CG

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links