View Poll Results: What Pertains to you?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have Returned my TF201 and received an RMA Number

13 10.40%
  • I have Received my TF201 and it has been Resolved and Repaired

1 0.80%
  • I have Received a Replacement because of a Faulty TF201

0 0%
  • I'm Having Wifi & GPS Issues

70 56.00%
  • I'm Not Having Wifi & GPS Issues

46 36.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How Asus will Resolve the TF201 WiFi and GPS Issues

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by samjage View Post
    Honestly,

I want everyone who's not having WiFi or GPS issues to do the following for each.

WiFi:

1. Take your phone and laptop, along with the prime and stand a significant distance from the router, I'd say 40-50ft.

2. Check all of your wifi connections and note, what level of connection each device has.

3. Post your results, happy or not.

GPS:

1. Turn off your wifi, and turn off the option to find your location based on wifi location.

2. walk outside, take a walk or drive with your prime.

3. Post your results, happy or not.

I have a feeling you will reconsider your opinion.
    Unfortunately, the best DSL service I can get in my location is 3MB down. That said, I performed a comparison between my wife's IPAD2 and my Prime. The results were comparable in various parts in and out of the house. Significant falloff didn't occur until I was outside and about 100 feet away from my Linksys E4200, and there was no real improvement in facing the aluminum back towards or away from the router.

I would caution those that intend to drill holes in the case that it may not provide the benefit desired. The Apple antenna is blocked by the display on one side, which warrants the plastic logo window on the back. The Prime antennas appear accessible as they are located above the display, and as far as I know, the gorilla glass shouldn't impact the signal. The wifi issue could just as easily be poor contacts, bad antennas, or some other interference, as opposed to signal attenuation from the aluminum. Of course, we have all seen the TF700 pics showing what appears to be plastic on the antenna edge of the prime, so I could be wrong. However, we don't know what additional changes may have been made, and Asus refused to communicate their own analysis of the problem. Just saying...

GPS reception is garbage, but as my wife's IPAD2 doesn't have GPS capability, I have no way to compare, and no real reason to complain.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Should add an option "I have returned mine and will not be replacing."

Hope they choke on returns.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have noticed a difference in my WiFi reception on my Prime vs. Every other device I have. My Evo, my Asus Laptop, and even my iTouch... All show more networks in range than the Prime ever does, however, when I attempt to connect to the weaker signals with any of the aforementioned devices, it doesn't work. I can't negotiate with whatever router on any of the devices and the connection fails. The WiFi signals that ARE picked up by the Prime, work.

Later I will attempt a comparison of the Prime vs. the aforementioned devices and see if anything does a better job of picking up the signals than the others.
    (TF201 + Dock + ICS = Happiness) - Plants vs. Zombies + Slow Firefox = Still Happy, Want More -strainingtokeepsmiling-

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    FWIW, in 3-4 bar WiFi areas of my house, the Prime performed well. However, when signal strength got down to 1-2 bars , my rooted Nook Color outperformed my Prime

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    If there are any problems at all, just send it in for repairs.

Make sure you call the vendor you purchased the TF-201 from and let them know what you're doing.

They should extend your 30-day Money back guarantee.

Once you've done all that good stuff, Call Asus and don't settle for paying the shipping label cost; Make them accountable and tell them that it's their fault and that any other Manufacturer would pay for the shipping. Who cares what their warranty says about one-way shipping, this is a defective product that doesn't even have consitant WiFi, nor GPS; and that is what it's purported to do.

When you get it back from their Service Facility, and it works... Great! keep it. When it doesn't work, Get a full Refund, and never buy tablets from Asus again. I'm not sure how their laptops or other electronics are so I wouldn't say nixing those would be fair.

Holding Asus accountable for their actions got me free shipping and it will get you free shipping too. Call them and demand it. You paid for a product and it doesn't work, so make them fix it or get your money back.

Good luck getting your RMA, and I rest my case.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    No other details, really. I had both a gray and champagne unit and I was comparing speed tests. Performance was nearly identical. Gps was a different story. Gray unit took at least five minutes to obtain satellites, Champagne was instant. That's when I called support and was told the fix for Gps would be out aroung the 1st of February. I also asked about Wifi and was told that would be included. So, this information and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee, maybe!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Eddy View Post
    No other details, really. I had both a gray and champagne unit and I was comparing speed tests. Performance was nearly identical. Gps was a different story. Gray unit took at least five minutes to obtain satellites, Champagne was instant. That's when I called support and was told the fix for Gps would be out aroung the 1st of February. I also asked about Wifi and was told that would be included. So, this information and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee, maybe!
    Thanks for the follow up. I hope that they hit the Feb 1 target. My Amazon return window closes on Feb 3, so I can hold out for a while on that one and give them a chance. Like most other people here, I sincerely love the device and I sincerely DO NOT have any intention of tying myself down to Apple's way of doing things, but I need a professional-grade tablet that I can depend on. This isn't just a multimedia toy for me, it's a work tool and work tools need to .....well.....work.
    rexluna likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Eddy View Post
    Were these fixes hardware, or software?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Looks like we're having alot more people with WiFi and GPS Issues.

If you don't have an issue Thats Great!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    There are no fixes yet.

Everything is heresay until someone receives a fixed unit from the Facility, or the firmware update actually fixes it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links