View Poll Results: What Pertains to you?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have Returned my TF201 and received an RMA Number

13 10.40%
  • I have Received my TF201 and it has been Resolved and Repaired

1 0.80%
  • I have Received a Replacement because of a Faulty TF201

0 0%
  • I'm Having Wifi & GPS Issues

70 56.00%
  • I'm Not Having Wifi & GPS Issues

46 36.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How Asus will Resolve the TF201 WiFi and GPS Issues

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I can't take your poll because I don't have WiFi issues but do have GPS issues. Your questions require both to have issues. My GPS works outside but not indoors like my Droid X. I get 15 MByte/s uploads and 5 MByte/s downloads regularly. I don't trust the power readings of any WiFi device. If you want to compare two devices, move away from the router until one device can't connect anymore. That tells you which one is most sensitive.
    I'm satisfied with my Prime.
    TF201, Gray, 32 GB, S/N:BCOKAS005562 small 12, Poor GPS, Power connector came apart

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    58 times
    You can download speedtest.net to each of your devices and run diagnostics with it. Should give you fairly accurate results assuming all testing is done under the exact same conditions, same places, same time etc.

32GB Asus Infinity w. Amethyst keyboard
    32GB Asus Champagne Prime - gone
    64GB Asus Champagne Prime - gone
    32GB Asus Transformer B60 - gone

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Just Wanted to let you all know that you should complain and tell them there is no way on earth you should have to pay for shipping so they can fix a defective device.

It worked for me and I'm have sent it to them free of charge.

Good Luck!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    ASUS support told me last Friday that a fix would be coming in a couple of weeks for GPS and WiFi.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Eddy View Post
    ASUS support told me last Friday that a fix would be coming in a couple of weeks for GPS and WiFi.
    Any more details? What kind of fix? How is it going to address something that appears to be hardware related?

IMHO, if there was a simple firmware fix this would already be taken care of. Asus wouldn't have just removed GPS from the spec and pretended that there was no WiFi issue. This tablet has been out for almost a full month now, and in that time they have shipped 2-3 firmware updates and a full operating system update, but nothing that fixes WiFi or GPS. Doesn't seem like there's an easy fix, and perhaps no fix at all without new hardware. Asus needs to make a public statement through real media channels about the issue and their intentions to resolve it. They made all sorts of announcements last November about how wonderful the device was going to be, now they need to stand behind it.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1000 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dcAndroidFan View Post
    Any more details? What kind of fix? How is it going to address something that appears to be hardware related?

IMHO, if there was a simple firmware fix this would already be taken care of. Asus wouldn't have just removed GPS from the spec and pretended that there was no WiFi issue. This tablet has been out for almost a full month now, and in that time they have shipped 2-3 firmware updates and a full operating system update, but nothing that fixes WiFi or GPS. Doesn't seem like there's an easy fix, and perhaps no fix at all without new hardware. Asus needs to make a public statement through real media channels about the issue and their intentions to resolve it. They made all sorts of announcements last November about how wonderful the device was going to be, now they need to stand behind it.
    You are just reiterating what has already been said.We don't know how Asus will fix this issue. Just be thankful that they are working on it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I bet this can be fixed with a simple yet not readily apparent software update.
    I also think the Dolphins will win a Superbowl soon but that's more an affair of the heart.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    You are just reiterating what has already been said.We don't know how Asus will fix this issue. Just be thankful that they are working on it.
    I understand that I was reiterating something which has already been said, but I have legitimate motivation. I was lucky enough to get one of the apparently-rare Champagne units and I'm quickly burning through my return window on it. If, as D_Eddy indicates, Asus is claiming to be working on a fix then I will be more likely to keep mine and wait. However, I don't want to wait it out based on a very generic assertion that "something" is being done. I would like more details about WHAT is being done and I was simply asking whether customer support provided any of these details.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1000 times
    We do not know the timeframe. It could be next week or next month. If your return window is closing then protect yourself and return it. You can always purchase another after the fix or wait for the 701

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ..questions maybe stupid.
    Are we talking only for Asus USA, or this is worlwide?

I am located in Denmark.. how do we know if the "solution" will be for all the countries.
    Maybe we should all call Asus in each country to be sure.. :-)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads