View Poll Results: What Pertains to you?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have Returned my TF201 and received an RMA Number

13 10.40%
  • I have Received my TF201 and it has been Resolved and Repaired

1 0.80%
  • I have Received a Replacement because of a Faulty TF201

0 0%
  • I'm Having Wifi & GPS Issues

70 56.00%
  • I'm Not Having Wifi & GPS Issues

46 36.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How Asus will Resolve the TF201 WiFi and GPS Issues

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Another thread just reminded me of something so I just dusted off my "old" macbook pro (aluminum) and it has never had any problems with wifi either. I think Asus may have stuck their foot in their mouths when they SAID it was due to the metal (granted we know SOME reduction is expected) because they didn't want to be faced with fixing them. I RMA'd mine and they claim that when people send them in they fix the issue and no one has had to send one back again.
    secretskwerl likes this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PastorDroid View Post
    I just dusted off my "old" macbook pro (aluminum) and it has never had any problems with wifi either.
    True that.

32GB Asus Infinity w. Amethyst keyboard
    32GB Asus Champagne Prime - gone
    64GB Asus Champagne Prime - gone
    32GB Asus Transformer B60 - gone

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I too will bring my comment from the previous thread, and mention that my Zune HD has a metal backing as well, and does not experience wireless issues.

Perhaps someone who has already voided their warranty on a Prime could pry the backing off (I haven't seen any Prime disassemblies, but I'm going on a limb and guessing you can pry it apart) and test the wireless with and without the metal backing. Though, this method would probably be very unlikely...as I would never crack open a new electronic of mine, or alter it until the default warranty expires.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    8 times
    I would personally recommend that you guys call Asus report the issue so that it is in there system that you had issues and then just wait a little bit I feel that Asus may decide it is more cost effective to them to replace your prime with there new fixed version that will be coming out soon

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PastorDroid View Post
    Another thread just reminded me of something so I just dusted off my "old" macbook pro (aluminum) and it has never had any problems with wifi either. I think Asus may have stuck their foot in their mouths when they SAID it was due to the metal (granted we know SOME reduction is expected) because they didn't want to be faced with fixing them. I RMA'd mine and they claim that when people send them in they fix the issue and no one has had to send one back again.
    I still use mine and it didn't hit me until you just said this!!!!
    -------------------------------------------
    Motorola XOOM 32 GB
    ASUS Transformer Prime 32 GB

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayes View Post
    I would personally recommend that you guys call Asus report the issue so that it is in there system that you had issues and then just wait a little bit I feel that Asus may decide it is more cost effective to them to replace your prime with there new fixed version that will be coming out soon
    Unfortunately for most people who just received their prime, this will shut our 30day window for a full refund and we will be left with the possibility of receiving yet another defective unit.

I can't believe that I will have to pay to send it to them. It's their mistake, not mine. If thats how their warranty is, then make an exception for the horrible Quality Control they have placed on $499 and $599 electronic devices.

Im really thinking of doing a full refund, because it just doesn't seem right to pay to send them my non-working device and risk closing my 30-day window.

They say 7-days but how can you believe that after Asus' Reputation now.
    Last edited by samjage; 01-13-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    bopfan likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If you feel that you have been had, you should check to see what consumer protections your state provides. In Texas, the Deceptive Trade Practices Act (DTPA) states something along the lines of a product must be suitable for the purpose for which it was sold and meet the expectations of the consumer (obviously I'm not an attorney). Consequently, any company doing business in Texas (such as one which is shipping product into the state), is subject to the DTPA. On more than one occasion I've had companies do a full refund, including covering the cost of shipping, just by my pointing out certain clauses in the DTPA. What little profit they might make by keeping my money is hugely over-shadowed by the cost of their attorney responding to a threat of a DTPA suit (IMHO).

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieTX View Post
    If you feel that you have been had, you should check to see what consumer protections your state provides. In Texas, the Deceptive Trade Practices Act (DTPA) states something along the lines of a product must be suitable for the purpose for which it was sold and meet the expectations of the consumer (obviously I'm not an attorney). Consequently, any company doing business in Texas (such as one which is shipping product into the state), is subject to the DTPA. On more than one occasion I've had companies do a full refund, including covering the cost of shipping, just by my pointing out certain clauses in the DTPA. What little profit they might make by keeping my money is hugely over-shadowed by the cost of their attorney responding to a threat of a DTPA suit (IMHO).
    Thank you for pointing that out.

You should let Pastor Droid know about this so he can send it to Asus on a golden platter, with a smile.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Honestly,

I want everyone who's not having WiFi or GPS issues to do the following for each.

WiFi:

1. Take your phone and laptop, along with the prime and stand a significant distance from the router, I'd say 40-50ft.

2. Check all of your wifi connections and note, what level of connection each device has.

3. Post your results, happy or not.

GPS:

1. Turn off your wifi, and turn off the option to find your location based on wifi location.

2. walk outside, take a walk or drive with your prime.

I have a feeling you will reconsider your opinion.
    Last edited by samjage; 01-13-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    bopfan likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by samjage View Post
    Honestly,

I want everyone who's not having WiFi or GPS issues to do the following for each.

WiFi:

1. Take your phone and laptop, along with the prime and stand a significant distance from the router, I'd say 40-50ft.

2. Check all of your wifi connections and note, what level of connection each device has.

GPS:

1. Turn off your wifi, and turn off the option to find your location based on wifi location.

2. walk outside, take a walk or drive with your prime.

I have a feeling you will reconsider your opinion.
    Checked WiFi against my Samsung Galaxy S1 phone - results show that Prime is as good as phone, indeed slightly better. Did not bother with gps as I don't really care about that
    Asus Transformer Prime 32Gb with Keyboard dock (Grey)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links