Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Help! My Micro SD Card gets stuck and my TFP won't recognize it. New Card or new TFP?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Help! My Micro SD Card gets stuck and my TFP won't recognize it. New Card or new TFP?

Hi Guys,

I was happy as hell to get to play with 64GB Gray TFP yesterday. Everything was going fine until I tried to instal the Micro SD Card. First, it took me a while to realized that there was a plastic "fake" card in place already. Once I did remove it and try to install the Micro SD Card, it didn't fit in natually. I had to stuff it in there and it felt crooked. Then I tried to see if the TFP would recognize it but it did not. The worst part is that there was no spring action that would spit the card back out and I had to use pliers to remove the Card. I know its not facing the wrong way because I tried installing it the other way and it again got stuck and was not readable. This is really frustrating as I have to return a perfectly good TFP because of the Micro SD Slot. Should I return the TFP or did I just maybe get a dud Micro SD card?

Dachaotic1

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the same thing happen to me; I tried to insert a microSD card into the prime but I couldn't get it seated properly. Once I had the card inserted it looked crooked and I couldn't get it back out...I ended up using a pair of needle nose pliers to yank the card out. Are the contacts supposed to face upwards (toward the screen) or downward (toward the back)?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem. I also have the problem of losing WiFi when my Transformer Prime sleeps. Someone on another thread suggested the WiFi problem may be because the Micro SD card was not fully in. I checked. It was. I then tried ejecting it which was successful, but I could not physically remove the card. As the card was recognised it must have been in the correct way round. I'm reluctant to try tweezers - does the slot still function OK after forcing the card out?

Any help would be appreciated. Both problems were after upgrade to ICS. Could THAT prevent ejection?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Got Micro SD Card working

Quote Originally Posted by dachaotic1 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I was happy as hell to get to play with 64GB Gray TFP yesterday. Everything was going fine until I tried to instal the Micro SD Card. First, it took me a while to realized that there was a plastic "fake" card in place already. Once I did remove it and try to install the Micro SD Card, it didn't fit in natually. I had to stuff it in there and it felt crooked. Then I tried to see if the TFP would recognize it but it did not. The worst part is that there was no spring action that would spit the card back out and I had to use pliers to remove the Card. I know its not facing the wrong way because I tried installing it the other way and it again got stuck and was not readable. This is really frustrating as I have to return a perfectly good TFP because of the Micro SD Slot. Should I return the TFP or did I just maybe get a dud Micro SD card?

Dachaotic1
    Thanks to info on this forum I got SD card working on my ATF. Remove plastic insert (fake) card by pushing it in until the spring mechanism pops it out. Notice the orientation: the top of the micro SD card faces up, the side with jagged edges faces the power / dock connector side of the ATP. Install the micro SD card the same way, carefully align it and push it in. I pushed it further in until the spring mechanism popped it out, then pushed it in again. I had formatted it (FAT32) on a PC and loaded it with music files. The notice bar in bottom right of main screen showed a micro SD graphic. The extternal SD showed up in the file manager. The music files show up in the music app. All works fine. Unfortunately Asus does not provide any user documentation on this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Well op your SD port probably worked fine till you put it in crooked or upside down and then ripped it out with pliers. So it wasn't Asus's fault most likely yours. I am not trying to be rude or mean but you should have been more careful upon inserting the card like look at the way the fake card came out and put your card in the same way.

When you have to use pliers to rip out an SD card well you've probably broke it.....
    Mikers99 likes this.
    Transformer Prime 32Gb Champagne Gold with 4 cores of raw processing power!!!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    When I first tried putting in my 16G microSD card, I almost got it stuck. I pulled it back out and looked at it. I knew I did it wrong the first time when I couldn't feel the spring as I was pushing it in. The trick is to let it go in and push a little and see if you can feel the spring or not. If you can't feel the spring and force it in, it's pretty much stuck. If you can feel the spring, just gently push it in, it'll lock as it goes in. Just a reminder, the data part must be facing down when you put the card in.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaking88 View Post
    Well op your SD port probably worked fine till you put it in crooked or upside down and then ripped it out with pliers. So it wasn't Asus's fault most likely yours. I am not trying to be rude or mean but you should have been more careful upon inserting the card like look at the way the fake card came out and put your card in the same way.

When you have to use pliers to rip out an SD card well you've probably broke it.....
    This is the funniest post of the day. Thought about it all day when I read it this morning. Thanks for the laugh Toyo!
    TF-201 Amethyst gray 32gb
    Amethyst Dock
    BellAliant Fibre OP 70 up/ 30 down

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Thanks mike I had a pretty good laugh myself. The OP even said it felt crooked when he put it in at first so it blows my mind that someone would proceed doing something even when they realize something isn't right. This is why I believe that some of the Wi-Fi issues with the prime isn't as widespread as people make it out to be. I don't think people just think their wireless device is supposed to have perfect signal from a hundred yards away. Trust me I know the prime does have some legitimate issues but I just don't believe its as widespread as people make it out to be.
    Transformer Prime 32Gb Champagne Gold with 4 cores of raw processing power!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    3 times
    So I'll relay my experience with my brand new TF Prime. I got my 32 GB MicroSD card in last night. In trying to insert it, it was very tight. I pushed harder. It stuck. Realized right away something was wrong. Got on here and saw others had the same issue. I got a flashlight and magnifying glass. Saw the 'fake' place holder card. Got it out. Tried to get the 32 GB card out with needlenose - and it came apart. So badly that I can't see the remnants inside the TF201. So I was really upset. I remembered at work this morning that I had an old 1 GB MicroSD card (Don't laugh!) and I tried inserting it into the space left by the fake card. And it worked. So I lost a 32 GB card (which cost me all of $20 on Amazon) but at least I know now what to do. I'm disappointed with Asus and it's a terrible port design on what otherwise seems to be an absolutely fabulous machine.
    Swipe likes this.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    The OP is probably the reason why apple didn't put a microsdcard slot in their ipads.

I cringed so hard when I read the OP. Man, that was painful to read.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links