Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Has anyone Ghost Armored their TFP?

I brought it down to the mall yesterday to look into Ghost Armoring the back side of the Prime. They didn't have the templates there and would have to order them. My only concern is that I've never used this product before. From what I understand, the film is dampened, squeegeed on to the device, and then "baked" in some special oven which I guess dries out any remaining dampness. I'm worried about 1) them putting anything damp on my aluminum back and 2) baking my device.

But i have many friends who have swore by Ghost Armor, and haven't mentioned any problems with the installation process damaging their phones. But being this isn't a phone, and isn't protected by Assurion like my phone is for insurance, I am reluctant to take the chance. Looking for feedback if anyone has experience with this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    Well I've never heard of Ghost Armor. However, I am new to Android and the Prime too. When you mean "bake" I was thinking that they my put your device in a dehumidifier to remove the moisture from the film. Idk if that make any sense though. It's very weird how a company can do that.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    It would be the same process if you say purchased one of the Zagg invisibleShield kits and put on your smartphone... you take the applying sponge which is damp..and dampen the film to allow it to move around till you get it right where you want it fit wise...and then u take the squeegee to get all the bubbles out... then they are probably using a very low temp *same as hair dryer* to get the rest of the moisture out of it so u dont have bubbles all over it...would be perfectly fine...

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I used it on my ZuneHD a long time ago, I really liked it, but don't have anything to compare it to. It's still on my ZuneHD (since June 2010).

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have it on my phone and my ipad and I like it. I'd recommend waiting until the ones made for the Prime get to the store. On my HTC Rezound, the first 2 "custom" ones did not look great. I like that the lifetime warranty is easy - they will put another one on it for "free" (installation fee only).

ETA - At the shop in Charlotte, they said they will have the pre-cut ones for the Prime next week. I'm going back to get mine done then.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    I called and was told there is no Ghost Armor available for the Prime yet. Now, that was 2 weeks ago so maybe they got it in now. From the reviews I have read, Ghost Armor does not have the "orange peel" issue that other protectors have. I have no experience with GA but I have a good bit of experience with ZAGG and I will never buy a ZAGG product again. Even when installed by a so called "Professional" the protector had visible lines that made me think my original TF101 had a bad display. Had another one of my iPhone and the orange peel was so bad I ripped it off after a week. Luckily they gave me a full refund on both but those were the last ZAGG products I will buy. I have decided to go naked on my Prime and dock. They don't see much hard treatment so I figure I'm safe.
    Last edited by Mike02z; 01-11-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Kaj
    Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by clangschultz View Post
    I brought it down to the mall yesterday to look into Ghost Armoring the back side of the Prime. They didn't have the templates there and would have to order them. My only concern is that I've never used this product before. From what I understand, the film is dampened, squeegeed on to the device, and then "baked" in some special oven which I guess dries out any remaining dampness. I'm worried about 1) them putting anything damp on my aluminum back and 2) baking my device.

But i have many friends who have swore by Ghost Armor, and haven't mentioned any problems with the installation process damaging their phones. But being this isn't a phone, and isn't protected by Assurion like my phone is for insurance, I am reluctant to take the chance. Looking for feedback if anyone has experience with this.
    I have a Skinomi skin which I think is similar to Ghost Armor. I actually put it on without applying any heat (no oven, no hair dryer)- just put it on and left it to dry for about 8 hours. I don't think the heat option is a must but rather a preference if you don't want to wait.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
    I called and was told there is no Ghost Armor available for the Prime yet. Now, that was 2 weeks ago so maybe they got it in now. From the reviews I have read, Ghost Armor does not have the "orange peel" issue that other protectors have. I have no experience with GA but I have a good bit of experience with ZAGG and I will never buy a ZAGG product again. Even when installed by a so called "Professional" the protector had visible lines that made me think my original TF101 had a bad display. Had another one of my iPhone and the orange peel was so bad I ripped it off after a week. Luckily they gave me a full refund on both but those were the last ZAGG products I will buy. I have decided to go naked on my Prime and dock. They don't see much hard treatment so I figure I'm safe.
    The skins for the prime showed up on the ghost armor website a couple of days ago, and the guy at the Charlotte store said they have just released them.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Ghost Armor for transformer prime tablet.

Hello,

I wanted to let you all know that the Ghost Armor for the Transformer Prime is available at the Northlake and Southpark locations. The phone # for Northlake Ghost Armor is 704-599-2006 and the Southpark Ghost Armor is 704-909-0237. I would call first to make sure they have it in stock b/c we do sell a lot of this armor. They can also order it for you without any money needed up front if needed. I have read some concerns you all have with Ghost Armor ("solution used" and "baking the device"). I want to assure you that the solution used is safe and will NOT damage your device. It is a formualted solution that when applied to the armor creates a chemical reaction that bonds the Armor to your device (like window tinting). The solution is dries in seconds so there is no worry for rusting etc. The "oven" is actually called the "dry box" this is a box used to allow the solution to dry quickly so the armor will not shift or move. The dry box consists of 6 fans that circulate air; no heat is ussed in this process at all. Unlike ZAGG, Ghost Armor has no orange peel and the clarity of the armor is 10 times clearer than Zaggs (no lines). Ghost Armor also offers a lifetime warranty! If you all have any other questions/concerns feel free to email me. Also, you have nothing to lose when purchsaing Ghost Armor b/c if you are unhappy you can return for a refund.

Ghost Armor Guy

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Wanted to vouch for GA as well as the guys who did mine were really good about it.

Only thing isn't you'll have to ask them to make the cut along the bottom in order to make it dock compatible.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    *Asus Transformer TF201 C2O w/Dock Champagne Gold -> Eos Nightlies - Cornerstone
    *Samsung Galaxy II GT-19100M -> Resurrection Remix 2.5.3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links