Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Here is why we should all have a problem with the NEW TF700T

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERBOLT View Post
    e1000

You just joined and every post (all 9) are here in this one thread defending ASUS..Do you
    work for ASUS by any chance ?

Me thinks yes...
    No. It's only because they've all been in this post, and I think people are being a bit over sensitive to the announcement today.

Oh wow look at that, you signed up a whole month before me and have 128 whole posts! WOW!

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1000 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PastorDroid View Post

Here is why I feel we should ALL be upset by this announcement today. Attitude of Asus. No one seems to have mentioned in these threads that in order for this device to be announced and DEMOED today that Asus first and foremost acknowledged a problem that they tried to fervently deny and cover up.
    JF
    Having worked for a large global US company, I can tell you for a fact that a new product is not born overnight. In order for Asus to show the TF 700T at CES, it had to be on the drawing board 6 to 9 months. I am not here to defend Asus, but I have no reason to believe there was any coverup. I do believe there is a design flaw in the TF 201. I don't believe it was deliberate, nor did Asus realize how big of an issue it is.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    My take is there is always something better on the horizon. Whether it be 4 months from now or a year from now. If I wanted to wait for the "Best" tablet ever I would wait forever as technology moves at the speed of light. ASUS can release 6 other "new" models this year. If I like one, I'll buy it and sell my Prime just like I did with my iPad 1, TF101, Acer A500, A100 and iPad2. I only kept my Playbook as work supplied it and I still have an HP Touchpad that I paid 149 for and that is just not worth selling. I'm a technology freak and for now, I'm happy with my Prime and look forward to newer, better models all the time. Remember, no one is forcing anybody to buy a tablet.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Having worked for a large global US company, I can tell you for a fact that a new product is not born overnight. In order for Asus to show the TF 700T at CES, it had to be on the drawing board 6 to 9 months. I am not here to defend Asus, but I have no reason to believe there was any coverup. I do believe there is a design flaw in the TF 201. I don't believe it was deliberate, nor did Asus realize how big of an issue it is.
    While I agree with you I still question the purpose of the TF700T. I'm sure they did have something on the table. No doubt about that. BUT was it something they planned on releasing so soon? Was it something with a relatively minor spec bump?

Though they were just rumors, I think we can all safely agree that the iPhone 4s was NOT Apple's first choice last year. I don't see how this (in obverse) is much different than that.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
    What exactly is the overall point? In your original, unedited first post there were obvious mistakes to the facts of what happened to what components. Then you later go on to say in a later post that you would feel ok with the situation if the annoucement for the new device was in March. Again later in the thread you admit that the TF201 meets your expectations. So did you expect it to exeed your expectations? heh.

Accountable for what exactly? As I've said time and time again, if you think it's that bad of a product, take it back. Buy something else or wait until there's a product out there that meets (or from what I can tell from your earlier statement, exceeds) your expectations.

I still fail to see what today's annoucement has to do with the current device. It doesn't change a thing. It's a completely redesigned product with a new processor that nobody has ever used before in a publicly released product. If you weren't prepared to deal with some issues, it was probably not the best product to buy in the first place.

Right.... so, the next TF Prime will be darn near perfect... that's what the TF700T is. Am I missing something here?

Nicer yes, perfect, again no. Let's not get into discussing cars, it's a discussion you'll definitely lose at. Again, I think we can all agree that a Ferrari is a better performance car than let's say a Mustang (although some of the new ones are very quick). I'm also willing to bet that the Mustang has MUCH better cup holders than the Ferrari.

What?????? Again, what does QC issues have to do with a newly announced device?????????????????????????????

Hey bud, I'm not the sore one here. I'm pretty happy. Sounds like I'm much happier than you are.

A redesign of old technology is an evolution is it not? How many times have you heard something was moved, or repositioned, or optimized to perform better than a previous version. I hear it all the time.
    And with that I'm convinced that you are simply a...eh why bother. To eacch his own.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1000 times
    While I agree with you I still question the purpose of the TF700T. I'm sure they did have something on the table. No doubt about that. BUT was it something they planned on releasing so soon? Was it something with a relatively minor spec bump?

Though they were just rumors, I think we can all safely agree that the iPhone 4s was NOT Apple's first choice last year. I don't see how this (in obverse) is much different than that.
    Asus did announce 4 new products for 2012. IMO, The TF 701 is a product they were working on to one up Apple's iPad 3 that may hit the market next month. I don't think Asus intended to push this product out so quickly. Apple moved their timeline up to protect market share and Asus did the same with the 701
    m0lasses likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    For the record everyone, I'm not angry, nor am I complaining about my personal TF201. It's in my nature however, to fight or at least speak up for others. That's what an open forum allows me to do.

The history of my major "jobs" have all revolved around me putting others first.

The Marine Corps, after I retired from the Marine corps (with a masters in computer science and not old age retired) I worked for the FTC in Consumer protection and now as a Pastor (less of a job more of a calling)

Everything I've done says to fight for those who may not have the time, resources, or zeal to fight for themselves. I will not stop doing that, so if your answer is to talk with your wallet and not buy a product, that's fine.

Maybe those who haven't gotten your primes may want to wait for the upgraded model and see if it's "hiccups" are easier to tolerate. Then again maybe you'd be lucky like me and others and get a pretty good unit out of the box.

I don't think any reasonable person expects perfection, likewise I think we all know that we can look hard enough at the worlds most beautiful sculpture and find something wrong with it.

It was asked by someone what my overall point was, so here it is: I think those who can, should at least speak up to Asus and let them know this is something we expect them to improve on (not the product per se, but the overall PR and customer experience).

If you're happy, or have all the answers to lifes technical questions then by all means, be happy. I just ask that you allow others to get to that state with reasonable expectation as well.
    Last edited by PastorDroid; 01-09-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: It looked like my 5 year old typed it lol I had to clean it up

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    For what it's worth, for those of you (such as myself) that got the TP from Best Buy you may be able to use their buyback program and use the cash towards TF700T. Unless you think you can get more selling it outright. I get my keyboard dock tomorrow which will really complete this thing (other than waiting another week for my case). Got my stylus today (a Poetic Capacitive Stylus Pen) that works pretty good on the preinstalled supernote app and have an extra charger on the way. As with all my devices I will keep this in pristine condition so that my wife can then drop, scratch, and mistreat lol but it'll be hers at that point so who cares. What will be interesting to see is if it will have the same color schemes as the current Grey and Champagne. I'd like to think they'd at least be offered so that those of us with a dock can can keep it matching as closely as possible.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1000 times
    For the record everyone, I'm not angry, nor am I complaining about my personal TF201. It's in my nature however to fight or at least speak up for others. That's what an open forum allows me to do. The history of my major "jobs" have all revolved around me putting others first. Marine Corps, after I retired from the Marine corps (with a masters in computer science and not old age retired) I worked for the FTC in Consumer protection and now as a Pastor (less of a job more of a calling) Everything I've done says to fight for those who may not have the time, resources, or zeal to fight for themselves. I will not stop doing that so if your answer is to talk with your wallet and not buy a product that's fine. Maybe for those who haven't gotten their primes may want to wait for the upgraded model and see if it's "hiccups" are easier to tolerate.

I don't think any reasonable person expects perfection, likewise I think we all know that we can look hard enough at the worlds most beautiful sculpture and find something wrong with it.

it was asked by someone what my overall point was so here it is: I think those who can should at least speak up to Asus and let them know this is something we expect them to improve on (not the product per se, but the overall PR and customer experience).

If you're happy, or have all the answers to lifes technical questions then by all means, be happy. I just ask that you allow others to get to that state with reasonable expectation as well.
    Well said and I agree. As I stated earlier, I am not defending Asus. I will also state that I agree with their strategy to gain market share. As for the 201, I don't think Asus will leave anyone high and dry. I have to believe they are considering different options to enhance WIFI performance.
    PastorDroid likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I did fight with my wallet in this fiasco. I contacted Newegg and RMA my designed flawed ATP 64 GB to Newegg for a full refund .My Acer A500 has never given me any proble I will never touch another ASUS product! ASUS USED TO BE GOOD......

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Ads