Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

WiFi vs 3G? Internet sharing? 32 GB vs 64 GB? others..

Hi all,

I have been going through the posts for a while now, I am planning to get myself a TRNASFORMER PRIME as it comes available here in Malaysia, I am studying petroleum engineering, and need to have my notes and books all around me, my backpack is becoming heavier as I carry my windows PC around, so I decided to get myself a pad and it is very helpful especially before exams to review some stuff.

My concerns are as in below, I hope you guys can answer them and leave me replies here:

1- Today, I read that Asus is producing a 3G model by March, do u guys think that I should get that? or the WiFi version. I heard also it will have better GPS capabilities. The question is also, will it be 3G + WiFi like the iPad or 3G ONLY / WIFI ONLY ?

2- The question everyone thinks about, should I really go for the 32GB version or the 64 GB version? I know we can use MicroSD, but space is never enough! Especially that I heard it can play MKV movie files.

3- Is the WiFi performance as bad as many say, I heard it is a certain batch issue?

4- Is the GPS functional, some say it doesn't even work! others say it is only bad signal issue and when u r connected via WiFi, then it boosts up.

5- If anyone here is from Singapore, how much was the price range for the product? Can anyone confirm pricing difference by country or is it the same worldwide?

I hope to get some good answers, I am going for my Chemistry exam and will check this post out after the exam!

I appreciate all the feedback!

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Welcome to the forum!

1- Today, I read that Asus is producing a 3G model by March, do u guys think that I should get that? or the WiFi version. I heard also it will have better GPS capabilities. The question is also, will it be 3G + WiFi like the iPad or 3G ONLY / WIFI ONLY ?
    It will be 3G+WiFi if the rumor is true. Personally, I would rather get a WiFi version and tethering on my phone or a MiFi to use 3G internet. Then you are not tied to a contract on your tablet.

2- The question everyone thinks about, should I really go for the 32GB version or the 64 GB version? I know we can use MicroSD, but space is never enough! Especially that I heard it can play MKV movie files.
    I have a 16 GB OG Transformer. I find that it is plenty of room for me with adding a 32 GB microSD card. I only use about 1GB on the device for apps. Movies take up about 1-2 GB each the way I have ripped them using DVD Catalyst. Also, you can stream movies and media from your home PC when you are on the same WiFi so I find that I do not need to have as much storage. Add in the keyboard dock with a USB Hard drive, you can keep extra movies on this and copy them on when you want to watch them.

3- Is the WiFi performance as bad as many say, I heard it is a certain batch issue?
    From what I have read, most users will not notice the WiFi issue. It may be weaker than other devices when you are at a distance (50-100') but most users will not know it is an issue if they didn't read about it. Some do have issues, but this is present in the OG TF, and any tablet due to manufacturing issues.

4- Is the GPS functional, some say it doesn't even work! others say it is only bad signal issue and when u r connected via WiFi, then it boosts up.
    Most users seem to see it working just fine, but not as strong as the OG TF. Keep in mind those that have a big issue are yelling the loudest.

5- If anyone here is from Singapore, how much was the price range for the product? Can anyone confirm pricing difference by country or is it the same worldwide?
    Will have to let someone else get this one.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    thanks ... more replies will be gr8!

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Here is another reply, from a Prime owner, former TF101 owner. Everything Fred said +1

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi guys,

Now I am getting pissed off with all the updates coming form ASUS. Why did they manufacture the 700 something tablet, this is really unfair to the rest of us who bought or are trying to buy the t202 version, I mean I already sold my nokia c7 phone to buy the thing and they simply say it is full of defects and will be neglected by a new product!

I would love to have a honeycomb or ICS tablet not an IOS powered one, but as things are going, I need advice whether to stick to my plans to buy the T202 or buy the new 700 something or simply wait for iPad3... 700 dollars is not candy I think.

I hope u guys can help.

thanks

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links