Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Issue w/ charging Asus Transformer

My father and I purchased an ASUS Transformer Eee Pad (16 GB) TF101 on black Friday. Recently it stopped charging. We took it to the same Best Buy and they said they could either give us $249.99 store credit (current price is $399.99). They said they were no longer in stock even though its obvious that online they are. We even told them this and they said the version on Black Friday was especially made just for that sale. And they no longer have those in stock. Now its pretty obvious from a business view point that a manufacture would not make millions of products which leads to lower costs and then change their production JUST for ONE SALE. This economics 101 and Best Buy was definitely trying to mislead its customers. The Black Friday "special" tablet has NO difference to that of the on they HAVE IN STOCK online. The TF101 is the same exact tablet. They might have only changed the Model # or SKU. Even more proof is that the lastest firmware update was delivered at the same time to ALL TF101 at the same time, including mine. As we all know that firmware updates need to be specialized per each different tablet version. So why would ASUS roll out the SAME EXACT firmware update for to "different" models. Because they are the same exact thing! Only the model number is different. This is not only extremely misleading but their own employees do not understand this. FYI the Black Friday model # (which I have) is: TF101-X1. And the one they 'other' one they have is: TF101-A1. Now there have been reports that on Black Friday the store managers were also selling the TF101-A1 for the same price as the TF101-X1 since they ran out.
    So what can I do? They refused to test the device for charging issues since they don't have the proper 'tools.'
    What are my options? Thanks!

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Your only mistake was buying from Best Buy. j/k (sorta) -- And welcome to the forum.

Not sure you have many options short of getting in touch with management at a higher level. You're going to need to make some serious noise but you need to get them to take action in your favor not theirs.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    haha yeah I already filed a report with consumer reports and will be going to another store to talk to someone else who might actually know something.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links